Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Woah, loving double cross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Oh gently caress. What the gently caress.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

oh poo poo

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
What

The

gently caress

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Nooooooo not you Papa Lance, say it ain't so

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

:siren: Lance is a traitor? :siren:

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I really want to make a Winter Knight joke.

EDIT: Whoa, timeskip.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

whose grave is it?!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
gently caress you.

THEY'RE KILLING FELICITY THIS SEASON

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Is that Felicity's grave :ohdear:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

So, Felicity is going to die?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I feel like Felicity is too obvious? If it was her they would have just shown the name on the grave.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Felicity seems too obvious. I'm thinking Captain Lance, Lilah, or Black Driver.

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
It's Diggle's grave and his death scene will be the saddest ever

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I feel like Felicity is too obvious? If it was her they would have just shown the name on the grave.

But then why would Barry be there?

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
THIS SEASON
SOMEONE DIES

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Also, Arrow S4 Premier > Flash S2 Premier. I liked the Flash premier enough, but this episode definitely hit the ground running harder and faster.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

TheLakers posted:

It's Diggle's grave and his death scene will be the saddest ever

RIP Diggle, you really should wear a full helmet.

Or.

RIP Diggle, The battery was dead in the car, i used it to light up the city.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Mooseontheloose posted:

But then why would Barry be there?

Barry knew most of them, really.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Yeah, I think that it's more likely to be Papa Lance after the reveals this episode.

Speaking of which, that was some amazing television.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Natalya Fartz posted:

Felicity seems too obvious. I'm thinking Captain Lance, Lilah, or Black Driver.

I'm already guessing Lance. He's going to go down doing the right thing after the betrayal, or something equally cliche.

Adjunct Cheesecake
Mar 19, 2009

mmmmmm
Holy poo poo that last 5 minutes was something else

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Solid opener, and the Lance reveal was a nice surprise. Not sure that I like the THIS SEASON, SOMEONE WILL DIE teaser, but other than that I have few complaints. The episode did seem considerably more light-hearted than it was at any point last season, so we'll see if that keeps up.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I'm really hoping it's Lance or Mrs. Diggle. I watch the show for Diggle and Felicity. I do appreciate how they stopped writing Speedy like she's the absolute worst brat in the world.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
So much better than the Flash premier. Really great premier all around with happy Oliver, give-no-fucks Dig, actually including Thea and Laurel, fun Felicity, and Neal McDonough is seriously amazing. So glad this show is back. (The grave is totally Dig's.)

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
It's too early for Diggle to die. He has been one of the strongest characters on the show, and Oliver's voice of reason. Unless the actor is ready to leave, I don't see Diggle dying until the final season. Oliver + Felicity + Laurel + Thea does not make for a good on screen team. Lance has been borrowed time since season 2, so I'm guessing he dies, or Felicity dies. The only way they could make Olicity worse is to make it a love triangle with Laurel, and since Laurel is the end game, Felicity needs to be taken out of the picture.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Everyone except Oliver died, but there was just so little left of them Oliver decided to save on funeral costs and used only one casket, plot and gravestone.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Dig seems like he's been taking steroids in the off season, someone needs to teach Willa Holland how to hold a bow, totally didn't see the Lance thing coming and if nothing else Neal McDonough will save this season. Unlike Felicity who failed an omelet.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

True. BUT... Sara Lance is coming back this season. Alive, apparently, thanks to the magic of the Lazarus Pits. So maybe, Laurel?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

TyrantWD posted:

It's too early for Diggle to die. He has been one of the strongest characters on the show, and Oliver's voice of reason. Unless the actor is ready to leave, I don't see Diggle dying until the final season. Oliver + Felicity + Laurel + Thea does not make for a good on screen team. Lance has been borrowed time since season 2, so I'm guessing he dies, or Felicity dies. The only way they could make Olicity worse is to make it a love triangle with Laurel, and since Laurel is the end game, Felicity needs to be taken out of the picture.

Yeah, but without Felicity we spiral into the kind of unrelenting angst and assholishness that made season 3 a drag. I think it's on the record that Felicity's role was bumped up partially because the writers realized they needed that voice (one they were comfortable writing in; recall that Greg Berlanti was better known for breezy dramedies before Arrow) to even things out. And if they feel like season 3 came in below their standards, then they certainly noticed that the drop in quality went hand-in-hand with Felicity being less of a snarky tech wizard and more of a stock love interest (not that was the only reason).

Add to that, they don't really have anyone who could take over the tech support role, while they've got Canary, Speedy, and Dig out in the line of fire alongside Ollie, plus plenty of chances for Captain Lance to step in as well. Then consider the absolute loving REVOLT fans would stage if Felicity went down.

Honestly, it could be her; I don't think that cut from Oliver's moment of sheer happiness with Felicity to him at an unspecified grave 6 months later is insignificant. It's just not as likely as it seems at first glance.

I'm putting my money on Captain Lance, as lovely as it would be to lose Paul Blackthorne.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Goddamn, that was some good poo poo. I'm really enjoying happy Oliver, and McDonough absolutely crushed it. I kinda expected the Green Arrow line to just be some one-off from Darhk, but man Oliver brought it out himself right out the gate and that is so much better.

I am so happy this show is back.

iamnotcreative
Jul 28, 2002
What, you expected something creative here?
This was apparently at the beginning of Ollie's flashback

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Add to that, they don't really have anyone who could take over the tech support.

I'm putting my money on Captain Lance, as lovely as it would be to lose Paul Blackthorne.

I think it's Lance or Diggle, but if Felicity died Mr Terrific could easily take the tech/hacking duties over. Also not spoiler tagging the new team member because he's been in the trailers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm not sure Oliver would really have that kind of reaction to Lance dying. He's definitely the most expendable character though.

Thea could also be killed and not affect things too much.

Felicity is such a significant part of the lighter tone they say they're going for. Season 5 would be a totally different show if she was gone.

Digg makes the most sense but man that guy has just been poo poo on for 3 seasons now. Give him a break.

I don't think they're killing Laurel, she's the only other major character with a major comic counterpart.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

It's going to be Laurel or her dad, based on the fact that I'd feel really bad if anyone else ate it, except maybe Diggle's wife.

That was a really solid first episode. Almost no weepy drama, even Diggle came around relatively quickly on Ollie's return, and I really like Neal McDonough as a season or arc-long villain. Dude's got charisma. I don't know why they bothered giving Barry a cameo at the end though, except that they didn't want to use a regular cast member to make it feel like anyone could be in the grave. Dropping Barry into Arrow is fun, but makes you remember that he's literally one minute away from Starling City and could trivialize a lot of their street-level catastrophes, and so they kinda have to keep him away from the big bad guys and plotlines.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It took him a couple of hours to make it there.

Though he has since upped his top speed a few times.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

iamnotcreative posted:

:vince:

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Also, Arrow S4 Premier > Flash S2 Premier. I liked the Flash premier enough, but this episode definitely hit the ground running harder and faster.

Yeah I liked it more than Flash's premiere definitely.
I also think Felicity is too obvious, so I'm thinking Thea... If Diggle dies Ollie would be surrounded by a bunch of girls, not that that's a bad thing, just uneven. Plus I'd hate to see him go.
That twist with Lance though...whoa... I think he's fed up with supervillains taking over his city every May so now he's just gonna align with them to make sure things don't get too out of hand?

Also if the train was coming from Central City, why didn't they just call Barry?

Can't wait for next week!

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

iamnotcreative posted:

Right at the beginning of the bar scene with Waller.

Zutaten fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Oct 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
Already a huge improvement over last season. The writers need to be banned from using the words "darkness" or "light" though.

• Locked thread