Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So I don't really follow the news too much for these shows but have they cast or said anything about Ted Kord showing up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

So I don't really follow the news too much for these shows but have they cast or said anything about Ted Kord showing up?

He's "off the table"

Because DC management.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Jose Oquendo posted:

The Arrow writers asked back in 2014 if they could use him in Season 3. DC Entertainment said no. Nobody has leaked anything since then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Caper posted:

Yeah I liked it more than Flash's premiere definitely.
I also think Felicity is too obvious, so I'm thinking Thea... If Diggle dies Ollie would be surrounded by a bunch of girls, not that that's a bad thing, just uneven. Plus I'd hate to see him go.
That twist with Lance though...whoa... I think he's fed up with supervillains taking over his city every May so now he's just gonna align with them to make sure things don't get too out of hand?

It sounded more like he's being forced.

Sinistral posted:

Already a huge improvement over last season. The writers need to be banned from using the words "darkness" or "light" though.

Unless it's following "Green Lantern's"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah that was surprisingly good. I would put it on the same level as The Flash. We finally get " The Green Arrow" which is great and we hopefully will get away from the dark brooding everything is depressing Oliver. The show was firing on all cylinders when Oliver was concerned but still had that light heartedness to him.

Great first episode.

The grave is Wildcats.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

I'm not the only one who sees that they're making her more, possibly deliberately, insufferable in those opening scenes?

DivisionPost posted:

Think you used enough dynamite there, Canary?

Next time I'd lead with that one.

And you know all of the complaints I had about Laurel just not looking the part last year? Well, it doesn't apply anymore. Somebody got her to lift weights and got her a properly fitting leather jacket, and taught her how to use the nightsticks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She was in great shape last year, it was probably the costume.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I could just watch Diggle kick in doors and shooting fools all day long. I like that no one says anything about Diggle just shooting people. That's his superpower. It's so fantastic.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I think what I hate most about this show is the flashbacks and their impossible-to-beat badguys. That poo poo irks me since there's never any resolution to those things.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

EricFate posted:

The Arrow writers asked back in 2014 if they could use him in Season 3. DC Entertainment said no. Nobody has leaked anything since then.

Actually, last month rumors started flying that Warners tapped Greg Berlanti to do a Booster Gold/Blue Beetle movie. No idea how reliable those rumors are, and nothing more's been said on the subject, but there you go. It would fit with this dumbass "WE HAVE TO KEEP THE TV UNIVERSE AND MOVIE UNIVERSE SEPARATE" thing they keep doing.

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 8, 2015

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Like seriously, knock one of those fuckers out of the plane with you at least. :argh:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I just watched it and I enjoyed it. I groaned at the Lance reveal because I'm sick of him being antagonistic to dreamy Oliver but beyond that I mostly liked everything and I enjoyed that Felicity has more to do than crytalking.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I think what I hate most about this show is the flashbacks and their impossible-to-beat badguys. That poo poo irks me since there's never any resolution to those things.

I got bad news for you about comics, friend.

Edit: Also I have a now hysterical friend who I've been jokingly telling two seasons Felicity is gonna die and now she's super mad I could be right and I'm all :smug: over texts.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 8, 2015

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Pan Dulce posted:

True. BUT... Sara Lance is coming back this season. Alive, apparently, thanks to the magic of the Lazarus Pits. So maybe, Laurel?

Please don't remind me. I don't think my body can handle the excitement of JOHN loving CONSTANTINE this soon after the premiere.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I went on Facebook and Amell is doing a live postshow Q&A for the west coast broadcast.

He does not stop. :allears:

hcreight fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 8, 2015

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Entertaining. Wish Dig would have gotten over Ollie's "betrayal" during the off season because I like them being bros. But I suppose CW loves "relationship drama" too much.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
loved the episode, but why are the flash backs going back to the island?! I need my crazy russian bratva adventures drat it! Didn't we see Oliver getting on a russian ship at the end of last season?

Technogeek posted:

I really want to make a Winter Knight joke.

Hopefully with much less rapey inner monologue.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Sir Potato posted:

I'm still convinced that Season 3 will hold up much better upon binge-watching. I think it was just so little content between episodes that it made the show seemingly drag. That, plus the stumbling flashbacks, I think will improve with bingeing. At least I hope so. I have high hopes for this season.

It does. I binge watched 1-3 with someone who has never seen arrow before. She liked seasons 2 and 3 waaaaaaaay more than season 1

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I liked this premiere better than Flash's. Flash did a lot of tying things up and getting the team back together, while this premiere set a lot of plots in motion instead (Thea's rage, Digg's issues, Dahrk (who I hope gets a Magnificent Bastard competition with Merlyn)). Nice to see Oliver with a smile, I hope he doesn't lose that in future episodes.

That said, they have a hell of a lot of work to do with the stinger. I don't think I've ever seen a show do a "this year, SOMEONE. WILL. DIE." that actually satisfied. Best thing I think they could do in that respect is to ignore that whole thing until it happens, leave the stinger and speculation as a "treat" for fans and not something to be hammered home. Last thing this show needs is more time jumps, and if they get into "by the way, did we remember to tell you that SOMEONE. WILL. DIE." in future episodes it's gonna be stupid.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I think it was funny that Grant Gustin was in the episode for all of 20 Secs and was just basically there to be " Hey sorry missed the funeral LATER". I really do think it's Diggle.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Hollismason posted:

I think it was funny that Grant Gustin was in the episode for all of 20 Secs and was just basically there to be " Hey sorry missed the funeral LATER". I really do think it's Diggle.

This could be a Diggle heavy season with the HIVE stuff, and he could pick up the darkness slack with a drive to avenge his brother leading to his death. As a family man his death would have a lot of weight too.

But it is Tommy's grave. Malcolm brings him back to life and Ollie has to put him down.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hollismason posted:

I really do think it's Diggle.

This could kind of make sense given his helmet and the character backstory.

You might say his death inspired a sense of ... fair play? :heysexy:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
"Hey Barry mind going back in time and fixing this poo poo for me?"

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Neon Knight posted:

But it is Tommy's grave. Malcolm brings him back to life and Ollie has to put him down.

Would be so down for this.

Grave could be pretty much anyone but my money's on Thea. I think she's just a minor enough character that killing her wouldn't change the dynamic that much, whereas knocking off Digg, Laurel, Felicity, or Lance means the show has to have a pretty drastic change next season (since we'll presumably find out who's in the grave towards the end of the season).

Good first episode, glad this show's back. Neal McDonough has played this same character like a dozen times by now and I still enjoy watching him chew the poo poo out of some scenery so looking forward to him being a huge dick all season.

Portax
May 27, 2002

The writers teased Green Lantern so hard that I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Hal Jordan's grave.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Flash would probably make Felicity’s funeral so I doubt it's her, I'm betting on Laurel.

Edit: With so many ways to raise people from the dead in this universe it doesn't really matter who it is, heck you can also just grab Laurel from Earth-2 in Flash and give her some super powers too.

Woden fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Oct 8, 2015

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

This just serves to remind me how much I hate Arrow's fight coordinator since like, well, season one.

Haven't watched the new episode yet but will soon and have skipped the last few pages for spoilerish reasons. Hope it was at least :meh: which would be an upgrade.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The more important question than who is in the grave is who does Ollie need to kill? It's obviously set up to be Dhark, which is why I think once we catch up to that scene in real time it's going to be played for shock when the person he needs to kill is a corrupted Det Lance or fallen Diggle or something.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think the latter half of this episode was a lot stronger than the front half. The front half felt kinda amateurish and rushed. The back half was a lot more riveting with the twists and turns.

I don't think I'll ever not hate Waller's dumb plots, but I actually she was more like this -- smarmy and wicked -- last season.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Just finished the season premiere. Holy poo poo I hated every bit in suburbia with Olicity but everything else was pretty cool. Murder-raging-badass Thea is awesome :haw:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

That was fun. Not the greatest thing ever, but a solidly entertaining way to spend an hour.

Also, where's Deadpool at? Is X-O the new mod supreme?

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

iamnotcreative posted:

This was apparently at the beginning of Ollie's flashback

This is the best thing I've seen all week. I am so ready for an arrowverse Green Lantern.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Portax posted:

The writers teased Green Lantern so hard that I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Hal Jordan's grave.

The grave stone reads "any hope of Green Lantern appearing in this show."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Narcissus1916 posted:

Also, where's Deadpool at? Is X-O the new mod supreme?

Deadpool has been cancelled. Agent X-O will be the new product from here on out.

Until all the TVIV posters write in hatemail to SA calling for Deadpool to be reinstated and the site gives in to fan demand and goes against the narrative arc they'd set up

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The grave is gonna be Sara for a third time, Ollie's the only one still lingering because everyone else was like 'eh she'll be back in time for season 5'

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Ollie's crying because he had to lie and fake a death again. It's an empty grave and people are super salty at him betraying their trust. :mad:

I'm shocked Arrow had a better premier episode than Flash, but here we are!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Also, where's Deadpool at?

Never heard of him.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I liked this - most of last season was meh mixed with some cool stuff, this felt a lot tighter.

3 things that I thought were a bit odd though

They made out like the bomb on the train was one step down from a nuke - they blew the train up from about 50 yards away.
Diggle shot Dark with an arrow but was standing there holding his pistol
Why did no one pressure Ollie about him knowing about"mysticism"? He just went "nah, not telling you what I know about this dude who can kill with a touch" and everyone was just "OK".

TyrantWD posted:

It's too early for Diggle to die. He has been one of the strongest characters on the show, and Oliver's voice of reason. Unless the actor is ready to leave, I don't see Diggle dying until the final season. Oliver + Felicity + Laurel + Thea does not make for a good on screen team. Lance has been borrowed time since season 2, so I'm guessing he dies, or Felicity dies. The only way they could make Olicity worse is to make it a love triangle with Laurel, and since Laurel is the end game, Felicity needs to be taken out of the picture.

I don't think you can categorically state any character other than Ollie having plot armour. A strong character dying to serve the story is good for the show overall (see Tommy).

Klungar posted:

The more important question than who is in the grave is who does Ollie need to kill? It's obviously set up to be Dhark, which is why I think once we catch up to that scene in real time it's going to be played for shock when the person he needs to kill is a corrupted Det Lance or fallen Diggle or something.

Yeah I think that flashforwards was really well done - there is too many questions and unknowns there for it to be the obvious things (Felicity dead, wanting to kill Dark) - although they could be a double bluff :)

Aphrodite posted:

I'm seeing some early reviews saying the tone is almost completely different. A lot lighter, and even Oliver is jokey now.

:lol:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

VDay posted:

Grave could be pretty much anyone but my money's on Thea.

The problem with Thea dying is that it would leave Oliver with no known (to him at least) blood relatives left. Killing off the last of a guy's family doesn't gel with the goal to lighten the mood this season. Diggle dying would leave Oliver with no friends, and he would be a guy who fights crime with his current lover, ex and destined to be future lover, and sister. With the show on really shaky footing last season, it would be an odd move to completely ruin the team dynamic they have been building since season one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Yeah that first episode was great. Not counting the flashbacks, but the only good flashbacks ever have been the ones that were not Olivers. (Deadshot or whatever although glad to see him back to the island at the end, the least worst ones were ones from on the island

• Locked thread