Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Mooseontheloose posted:

Dig has a fair point.

Totally agree, Ollie was kind of an rear end in a top hat last season

This is great so far

Edit: One of my favorite quotes so far: "Felicity, you have failed this omelet"

Jonny_Rocket fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

I really, really liked this episode - Matt Ryan was a treat as Constantine!

Is the Constantine series available to stream anywhere online? I never watched while it was on air, but because of this week's episode I'd love to see more of Matt Ryan as Constantine. I saw online that the series was up on Hulu earlier this year, but when I search for it now it seems to have been taken down.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

That was weirdly filmed. I'm pretty sure it was just a Go Pro.

I thought it was badass! That fight scene had a very "kinetic" feel to it, and had some nice long shots

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

The flashback scenes have been a drag since the beginning of Season 3. You can fast-forward through them and miss literally nothing of importance.

I agree with this completely. I don't understand why they insist on keeping the flashbacks going at the point, as they lost their appeal seasons ago

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

You know what's nice about this episode? The flashbacks actually make sense within the narrative of the episode and didn't feel out of place, since they were focused on Diggle and his brother

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

So far so good, that opening fight scene was pretty sweet

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

This episode has made me feel things, it's been a great episode

Damien Darhk, that motherfucker.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Zebulon posted:

You motherfuckers. Don't you dare.

I can't believe they did that

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Alright guys been a good run, I'm done with this poo poo.

I wish I could empty quote this, it was totally bullshit

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

XboxPants posted:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/06/arrow-laurel-death-spoilers

Give that link a click, lots of great insight into their "writing process" in the rest of the article for those of you considering sticking with this show.

I think the best part of the interview is this:

Then what did Laurel tell Oliver?
“You’ll know in season 5,” Mericle chimes in.

So we'll have to wait until next season to find out what she said? Ugh.

The Lord Bude posted:

But seriously, a character was written off in a TV show. Get over it, it happens all the time and it doesn't magically make a show bad. How did you people ever manage to watch Joss Whedon's stuff?

Edit: and if it turns out her death was faked, then it's just a fun plot twist in keeping with comic book tradition.

I think people are pissed because if it turns out to be another faked death, it's something the show has already covered. It would've been a neat twist if they hadn't done it before, but now it's just getting tired and old. Not to mention the character has really grown since the series started, and I felt like there was a lot more of a story to tell with her.

Jonny_Rocket fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 7, 2016

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Scyantific posted:

The last few episodes of Legends have been pretty good. Vandal Savage really was the weak point of the show so far.

I totally agree. I just don't feel like the show has done a good enough job of establishing Vandal Savage as a credible threat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

libertao posted:

I don't get this thread, Felicity is so much better than Laurel who was never remotely believable as a fighter regularly taking town LoA fighters. I also don't get the fury over fake deaths on a comic show which is a staple of the genre.

Because Felicity has sucked over the last season or so. Her drama drags down the show, but hey, this is a CW show after all.

• Locked thread