Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Solid opener, and the Lance reveal was a nice surprise. Not sure that I like the THIS SEASON, SOMEONE WILL DIE teaser, but other than that I have few complaints. The episode did seem considerably more light-hearted than it was at any point last season, so we'll see if that keeps up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I went on Facebook and Amell is doing a live postshow Q&A for the west coast broadcast.

He does not stop. :allears:

hcreight fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 8, 2015

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Next week is Constantine right? Odd that he wouldn't be in the teaser.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Ah, I thought it was going to be in ep. 4. That explains it.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Sir Potato posted:

I thought that was a really, really good episode. Like, end of Season 2-quality, in my opinion. The Ollie/Lance living room argument was amazing and both have been killing it so far this season. So excited to see John Constantine next episode even though I know absolutely nothing about him.

Constantine the show had its moments and Matt Ryan was probably the best thing about it so he should make for a good guest star. He'll also fit in with the more bantery tone they've been going for this year.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

X-O posted:

Staggeringly unqualified person possibly becoming mayor of a big city is possibly one of the most realistic plot lines this show has ever done.

Oliver Queen will build a wall around Star City while cutting taxes.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Here's a preview image from the next Arrow/Flash crossover.

LOOKIT ALL THEM SUPERHEROES

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

That scene has me increasingly worried that it's Diggle's gravestone. :(

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Barrowman straight up calls him Mr. Allen like it's nothing.

You really do suck with this secret identity business, Barry.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Here comes time travel.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I um. :stare:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Stealthed Zombie posted:

gj Barry you just cancelled Legends of Tomorrow you dick.

Killing people doesn't sate Barry anymore. Now he needs to take TV shows.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

GOD DAMNIT BARROWMAN

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Mooseontheloose posted:

Didn't Kingpin make Spider-Man figures in Ultimate Spider-Man.

Yeah one of the running gags in Ultimate Spiderman is several people who aren't Peter are making money off of Spiderman. But in this case I would assume Snart is cold gunning those people and taking that money.

Does Arrow get an ep next week? The Flash episode looks fantastic and I am okay with that being the Arrowverse midseason finale.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Sieje posted:

But consistent with the forensics expert leaving his blood on Arrow's arrow on the floor unexamined earlier. It's not like they had a scene immediately before that showing gene sequencing and them looking for a way to fight an immortal with science at the time or anything.

I mean Barrowman clearly has no issues with the security systems these people use so it's not like it would have mattered anyway.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

The problem with killing the baby mama is Oliver would have to take in William, and there's a 1000% percent chance adding a kid to the cast would make the show worse.

And killing William would be Jessica Jones-level hosed. I don't think this is the show to be doing that kind of story.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

I take it you haven't been introduced to Genghis Clarke.

Well aware. The 100 is probably the bleakest show on TV right now (and possibly the CW's best show). But Arrow shouldn't be taking cues from it. A lot of what people didn't like about s3 came from how dark the show got.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Yup. Midseason finale's tonight. They put out an extended trailer for it somewhere.

E:Preview clip for tonight introducing Curtis's husband, whom they are so gonna kill off.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 9, 2015

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Kammat posted:

Also, Darhk has a family?

Darhk's obviously a ruthless motherfucker but one of the points they were making in that episode was that HIVE has a plan to change the world that its members truly believe in. So why wouldn't he have a family?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

pentyne posted:

Everything he's posted is how much he loving loves being on Arrow. Does he turn down movie roles left and right or something because Casey Jones is a pretty big deal for a TV actor.

Nah, it's by far his biggest movie role so far--the first Ninja Turtles actually did pretty well at the box office despite being a pile of garbage. He's probably not allowed to talk about it yet.

Chokes McGee posted:

Dig has a government job (I assume). Everyone else except Ollie have real jobs :colbert:

The hippie crunchy moocher

Dig and Thea are both explicitly working for the Queen campaign now. Dig even said so last night.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

They had Lance doubling down on his "not afraid of Darhk" shtick tonight, which could just be them teasing the audience.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

So this baffling thing that probably gave the CW people a heart attack was live on Amell's Facebook an hour ago.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Thoroughly enjoyed that episode. Offing Waller was one of the best "Oh poo poo." moments this show has pulled off in a while, even if it makes complete sense in retrospect.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

JAF07 posted:

"She's barely a 3 on the Glasgow coma scale."

You can't score less than a 3, and 3 doesn't look like peacefully sleeping.

Technical terms have never been this show's forte.

Web nuke.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I liked that episode up to the point where Felicity showed up in the last scene. What happened after was incredibly loving stupid.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

howe_sam posted:

What Dahrk really needs is Jere Burns and his amazing reaction eyebrows as a trusted henchman.

Straight up write Wynn Duffy onto the show. It wouldn't be any more nonsensical than the ending to last night's ep and the payoff would be way better.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Tonight's Legends of Tomorrow ep established a bit of a spoiler for Arrow: It takes place in Star City in 2046. Connor Hawke is Diggle's son, and it sounded like Diggle died well after this season's events, so it can't be him in the grave.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Ville Valo posted:

This is an alternate future 2046; its events aren't tied to this season of Arrow.

The episode made it perfectly clear that the 2046 they visited was one where the LoT team never returned from their mission. So unless the team returns to 2016 before the gravestone scene and changes the timeline in such a way that gets Diggle killed, he can't die this season.

Unless this is just some really bad plotting, which again, you can't rule out with these writers.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I'm sure it's a coincidence, but it is pretty loving funny that this happened three days after people got mad at that Walking Dead finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Amell's live on Facebook giving out pizza at a place in NYC as part of some Ninja Turtles promotion. I hope that movie works out okay for him, he is so pumped about it. :unsmith:

• Locked thread