Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hollismason posted:

I really do think it's Diggle.

This could kind of make sense given his helmet and the character backstory.

You might say his death inspired a sense of ... fair play? :heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr Beens posted:

However that was another scene highlighting how Arrows stunt guys don't get how bullets work - 4 guys firing full auto at a target 10 yards away, miss with everything.

This is pretty much comic_books.txt so I'm willing to give them a pass. :v:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

flosofl posted:

"So. Behind my back your spa-date was really digging up my dead girlfriend and crime-fighting partner, flying with her corpse to Nanda Parbat, resurrecting her despite the clear affect it had on Thea, and coming back with a Pet Cemetery version of the person she was. Do I have this straight?"

"Ollie, I'm not understanding why you're so upset! I'm going to stand over here and pout while your sister flies into an irrational rage and tries to kill you"

I like that we have at least a 50% chance of him just going :ughh: and rolling with it rather than throwing a pissy fit and spending the next four episodes emo as hell. I'm starting to like this show again, you guys. :keke:

bobkatt013 posted:

Do not worry they have a guy. He may smoke and is a complete rear end in a top hat but you can trust him.

nothing can possibly go wrong from associating with Constantine and all of our problems are solved forever

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bad Moon posted:

Not being suspicious of Oliver being on the island and murdering people is fine as it's the equivalent of finding Paris Hilton on the island if she went missing. Who the hell would suspect her of doing anything? Immediately making her your armed thug makes it hilarious though.

I got the feeling it was more "uh huh. He stepped on a mine. Says the person that has supposedly lived on this insanely dangerous island for three years. Look you killed one of my guys, so you're clearly better than he was, welcome aboard"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

richardfun posted:

Truer words have never been spoken.

Yes they have, like the entire thread said season three sucked :v:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Arrow Season 4 - Better than the last one :mmmhmm:

Felicity owns, Rage-Filled Murderess White Canary owns, League of Assassins is goofy as poo poo and somehow owns because of it. Like every time they show Namba Parbat from the outside, I expect music from a sitcom followed by a laugh track when Malcolm enters.

Tiny Ray Palmer and Mister Terrific is gonna own.

Everything owns, all the things. So happy right now. :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

holy poo poo Felicity the badass

My favorite part of this episode is her "aaaaaaaaaa how does this even work he;lp" look going full auto on an assault rifle.

Oh forgot this in my last post, Daark owns owns owns. His little "Huh! Neat. :haw:" after Double Down killed one of his guys was hilarious.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
It's gotta be Diggle. His death is going to inspire Mr. Terrific to live up to a sense of Fair Play.

That helmet of his has a giant "T" on it ffs

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bobkatt013 posted:

Scraps that were the pieces needed to build weapons of mass destruction.

They were just in some box, though. So they couldn't have been that impressive.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

boom boom boom posted:

For people who don't know Olliver is the Green Arrow, that speech was pretty weird.

After five years in hell, I returned with only one goal; save my city. That's why I spent two years running my business into the ground, and then my mom ran for mayor, and then I didn't do anything for a year, but that was all just part of my plan to Save This City.

"I guess you could say I... failed this city."
"Wow that's exactly something the Green Arrow would say! He's got my vote!"

Holy poo poo that episode. Ollie uncorking on Lance was loving cathartic as hell, especially for the "You always held yourself as more righteous! And you were right!" Just utterly stunned by the betrayal.

So now that Sara's loose I assume she's just going to murder her way across Star City until Constantine blunders into her.

gently caress Arrow owns so much, last season was a down payment on the amount of loving awesome we're getting. gently caress

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

X-O posted:

I think that might have been one of the best episodes of this show period. Everything clicked so well. And the scene with Lance and Oliver was one of the better acted scenes for both of them in the series. The adjustments in tone have really fit the show well.

Next week we get Constantine! And then the week after that we get Ray Palmer, possibly!

It's an exciting time to be alive. :unsmith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

They're really modernizing Velocity 9 in this series it seems

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

McSpanky posted:

(Or, next week's cold open is him surrounded by EMTs performing CPR.)

"This is the third time this week, captain! You have to slow down before your body drops!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Azubah posted:

Anyone think the grave is Oliver's? Maybe Dark does something during the campaign that forces him to fake his death, thereby killing any chance of the city being restored.

That would be a very acceptable outcome, but I seriously doubt that's the case.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Leospeare posted:

Actually, the entire graveyard is full of Ollie's friends and family. The grave he was standing over was for Barry, who didn't last long once that scene ended.

The only possible ending for his metahuman murder rampage is meta-suicide.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mooseontheloose posted:

True, also I like that GA is willing to break the no kill rule.

One thing that isn't getting enough love is that Ollie is using tranq arrows sometimes. It's only been in a few shots, but you can very clearly see hypodermics on the end of the arrows.

Now where's my motherfucking boxing glove arrows? And don't give me that Wildcat's Gym poo poo, I want a real arrow that blows up into a boxing glove and then punches a HIVE agent.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
This Thread, Last Week: "The message is: Help, I'm tiny!"

This Week on Arrow: "Felicity, help! I'm tiny!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

That hug between Ollie and Laurel? That's the first nail in Felicity's coffin right there.

Fittingly the last nail will literally be the last nail they put in her coffin before she ends up in that grave from episode 1

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

kater posted:

He still walks around like he is constipated.

Ehn I dunno. He's taken the edge off his "gently caress my life" face and turned it from :emo: to just :ughh:.

Ammel's done a really good job conveying Actual Ollie this season, they really do feel like two different characters.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Or that was a HIVE document, not one from the agency that maintained those servers.

HIVE really needs to digitize, that poo poo is easy to misplace.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

The Risen Darkness?

The Darkness That Rose?

The Darkness that is now above and no longer below?

The Darkness Rising Out of the Darkness in Which It Dwells

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Yeah but who's holding it?

TINY RAY MUTHAFUUUUCK

"Help! I'm tiny and I can't un-tiny!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Darhk's been praying to a Trigon statue a lot, maybe it's a blueprint for a portal to bring him to our world.

look I love anime as much as the next guy but let's not bring Vash onto this show

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

10 Beers posted:

Yeah, I don't get it. Diggle shoots fools al the time and no one chastises him.

I thought he was using rubber bullets since Lance has yet to go "oh hey what about all those bodies your friends dropped" but idk.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

What does Barry-2's dad have to do with any of this? :confused:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Did the bad guy on the island say something about what he's looking for is magic waters or something? I keep thinking whatever it is is lazarus pit-related.

Oh, poo poo. The commander is Kobra.

e: :haw:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

flosofl posted:

That was a glove of opportunity, doesn't count. I want him to have one as a legit piece of his arsenal. Right next to the toilet plunger arrow.

If he doesn't use a toilet plunger arrow on Dahrk to keep him from finishing a spell then this entire show and also network is a failure.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Amell has been teasing that he might actually put on the Green Arrow facial hair after all.

It'll be a comically obvious fake beard that's the complete wrong color for his hair and he will actually remove it on character as a gag.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Carlosologist posted:

Laurel ended up with the best fight scene so far this season and I think that's great. They need to have Bamford direct more episodes because the action scenes were on point tonight

I disagree. Thea fought into a goddamn elevator, up three floors, into another hallway, through a holding cell, and back to the hallway. It's basically every gag we've ever done in RAW threads where people keep fighting at the end of the show, onto a plane, off the plane, and onto the next show.

Except it actually happened.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Carlosologist posted:

That was a really cool scene too! But I liked Laurel's the best mostly because it's a culmination of all that training and it's finally paying off.

That's actually a pretty good point! You look at her just dropping effortlessly off a two story building without a sound and then kicking the living poo poo out of everyone, and then you look at her in seasons 1/2, and your brain can't process how this is the same character or even actress.

I mean mine can't, I don't know about yours.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, that body is gonna drop.

The best part was Damien's :haw: expression when the team showed up. I imagine his thought process was "cool I have a unwitting mole inside Team Arrow!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WarLocke posted:

That's on already?!? poo poo I thought it was going to be like January or something.

Get to watchin' because you have a lot to catch up on mostly Luke and Jessica having a lot of noisy sex.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

enraged_camel posted:

Unfortunately, while the regular timeline has improved quite a bit, the flashbacks have regressed significantly. It's like the writers are stubbornly holding on to the "formula" instead of just ditching the flashbacks and focusing 100% on the present.

I still want the flashbacks to continue until we're literally showing Season 1 episodes, complete with original flashbacks.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

rejutka posted:

Now with extra Roy!

In the background of every flashback somewhere is a digitally-inserted Roy flipping off of something for no reason. Including the flashbacks-within-flashbacks.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
hahahahaha Felicity is so dead. Connor William is gonna end up the new Green Arrow back in Timeline Whatever gently caress Hypertime.

Barry, you've done it again :ughh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
But enough about Booster Gold.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hcreight posted:

Yup. Midseason finale's tonight. They put out an extended trailer for it somewhere.

E:Preview clip for tonight introducing Curtis's husband, whom they are so gonna kill off.

That play isn't fair. That play isn't fair at all :smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Felicity's dead, rest of show will be Felicity from Earth-2.

She will be dressed up as Death like in her origin episode but otherwise similar in every single way.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TyrantWD posted:

Thea financially supports her deranged brother and his friend who refuse to get real jobs.

Dig has a government job (I assume). Everyone else except Ollie have real jobs :colbert:

The hippie crunchy moocher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

enraged_camel posted:

I expected a better Malcolm-Darkh fight. As things stand though, Malcolm was getting his rear end kicked thoroughly, and would be very dead if Oliver had not intervened.

Which begs the question of why Darkh doesn't simply waltz into Nanda Parbat, bitch-slap Malcolm and take the crown.

Because he's already done the League of Assassins thing, it's boring and HIVE is where it's at.

• Locked thread