Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I've been catching up on this show, finally and goddamn did it get bad. It started out so well. You have failed this omelette. Now my brain is an incoherent rage of that's how not computers work! that's not how corporations work! that's not how nukes work! That's not how any of this works! Goddamnit Arrow how come you don't understand what it is that's good about your show? Give me more smug Neal McDongough. Give us more fun Ollie, and more shooting jerks who Failed This City. Less whiny interpersonal drama about LYING and LIARS WHO LIE. Put all the lying and EVERYTHING IS MY FAULT in a box and bury it on that stupid island and stop having flashbacks to that island because the only really interesting part about it was that Ollie didn't actually spend his entire five years on the island. Unless we're gonna have more Manu because I can always get behind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Also can we talk about how loving lovely Malcolm's fake hand is? Like they literally could've just hand go Luke Skywalker and wear a glove BUT NOPE ITS GOTTA LOOK LIKE poo poo. Or just have Neal McDonough give him a new hand with magic. We literally have magic now please use it to reduce spare your budget. Seriously. Save a few bucks in the prop department and just be like "new hand? magic."

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
This season was so loving bad we actually can't talka bout it and have to talk about other shows. Or about how much we miss Manu.

I really did like how much this show glossed over that

A) There's a magical backdoor into every nuke/NATO nuke on the planet.
B) This poo poo is the arm of some woman who looks like she bitches about everything at starbucks
C) all of these nukes get launched and there somehow isn't global panic/war
D) some lovely town got nuked yesterday and apparently nobody cares because there isn't some kind of retaliatory strike or anything
E) Seriously as far as America should know some little town just got wiped off the map courtesy of Russia and their first reaction isn't to just turn Russia into a smoking glass crater.
F) The world is apparently now nuke-free. This warrants no commentary.
G) The lack of Nuclear deterrent has no issues with any actual war
H) Nukes apparently hackable via Laptop
I) Nukes detonating in the upper atmosphere or whatever has absolutely 0 negative effects for humanity, no fallout or EMPs, no satellites or anything take any damage.
J) No one at all is apparently getting fired or charged with treason for the gargantuan number of gently caress ups that were committed this season. Except for the only good character on the show, because he decided that not lying for his crazy new girlfriend was more important than the only thing he's ever wanted to do with his life. Besides protect his daughters, which he failed at (repeatedly). Poor Detective Lance.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Also most ICBMs aren't MIRVs, as those are limited in addition to nuke stock piles in general in various treaties.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
maybe next season we'll find out iris is actually jay

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

greatn posted:

gently caress NPH. Spend the entire CW network budget and get Lin Manuel Miranda.

this is the correct option

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
No he has to have a bow because hes the arrow! Thats why he hits people with it instead of shooting any arrows.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I doubt it will be the best of plots, but I do love Barrowman.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
If better written that could very well be Malcolm. He could very well be Oliver But Ruthless, and help represent why Oliver needs to keep himself in control. He could be sympathetic because he's looking for the greater good, but always goes too far in its service, and his evil represents why Oliver Going Too Far. He could alternate from Antagonist to Ally from this, switching between helping Team Arrow to Team Arrow needing stop him because his methods are too extreme.

But this Arrow and he brainwashed his own daughter into murdering someone soooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Honestly I'd love for us to never see how Malcolm enters or leaves rooms, constantly surprising everyone.

This should happen to point where it becomes blase and no one questions it. Like they just expect Malcolm to appear.

• Locked thread