Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Jackson Taus posted:

Concur. Flash is really trying to go for a high-tech/sci-fi route with wormholes and particles. Switching from "she can teleport because quantum entanglement" to "she can teleport because chakra and magic and shadow mana" is at least as jarring.

I would be very very surprised if they used something that happens on a Flash episode as required viewing to understand the plot of Arrow (or vice-versa). Deathbolt's powers hinted at as coming from somewhere other than the STAR Labs explosion and Ray getting some help with his suit are orders of magnitude different from a character getting resurrected or an episode getting ret-conned because of what happens on the Flash.

Oliver bought Felicity an engagement ring - unless you actually think that "The Olicity Wedding" is going to be an actual Season 5 episode, odds are good that something bad happens to their relationship at some point, probably this season. Since Oliver wasn't mega-pissed by Felicity's working with the team behind his back, that means it's unlikely to be her betraying him that ends their relationship and he's got plot armor, so either (a) she freaks out at the idea of marrying him and bails when she sees the ring, (b) he reverts to being a man-whore, or (c) she's forced out of the picture somehow. I don't really see "let's just be friends" as a viable direction they could go. So if Felicity is likely going to be out of the picture and somebody dies in the back half of the season, I think the math probably points in that direction.

Also, the producers originally said that [spoiler]Oliver/Laurel AKA Green Arrow/Black Canary is the end-game[/spoilers], right?

Oliver says "I have to kill this person." And she says "I can't be with a killer." And Oliver has to kill whoever it is anyway because if he doesn't then a lot of other people will die and Felicity can't do simple math for the sake of plot drama and lazy writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Phylodox posted:

I feel like Ollie and Laurel's relationship is more one between equals, while Ollie and Felicity still feels very much like a superior/subordinate relationship.

Which is weird because Laurel wears a gimp suit.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bad Moon posted:

Anybody else weirded out by Amell using his normal tenor while talking instead of the usual deeper Grim Oliver tone? Like, you get used to one thing and it's weird hearing him using that tone when he's in the Arrow Cave. The lighter tone starts with Amell's voice.

you mean the going back and forth between the voice modulator and high pitched ollie on the emergency broadcast system? yeah, don't like that voice.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Longbaugh01 posted:

Unless there was an earlier reference I missed where Ollie is carrying a ring around and waiting, or mentioned the possibility of engagement, then I'm sorry to break it to you, but it's sorta bad writing. Also: "MY WIFE."

People are allowed to be married. Sorry if you're lonely :(

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

So I'm going to go against the grain and say this was a pretty weak episode, mostly because it got bogged down in setting up LoT.

Constantine was fun but sadly I think he's a one off due to rights issues.

He's not.

They can write him in whenever the actors schedule allows. Just depends on how much he liked it and blah blah blah.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Or that was a HIVE document, not one from the agency that maintained those servers.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Damien does not tolerate improper filings.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Is there any doubt that Felicity is the one in the grave at this point?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

She literally used it in the last episode and it looked dumb as hell.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wait, veneers are something you wear? I thought you just had them put on and they stayed there forever?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

What is a fridge?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Teron D Amun posted:

why would Barry give two shits about Lance

Because it's the father of one of his friends and was helping the rest of his superhero buddies fight an evil that may or may not end the world.

It's not like he had to stop working and book a flight to come pay his condolences. He could spend 10 seconds on the commute and it would mean a lot to Team Arrow.

I don't think it's Lance though.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

howe_sam posted:

Yeah, as cool as the representation of having Felicity in the wheelchair is, logistically it's just not feasible to keep it up.

Why? That kid did it on Glee for like 5 years.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm pretty sure that at one point when Speedy and Canary were fighting henchmen in the hallway, a goon slammed his head sideways into a vase on a table, smashing it and knocking himself unconscious, without being touched.

And I don't mean like "oh Thea swung but you could see it didn't connect." I mean "there wasn't even a motion from the person he was fighting and he still went sideways."

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Slanderer posted:

Question for people who have been watching since the beginning---did the creators ever comment on the reduction in straight-up murder after the first season? It felt kinda forced, considering all the neck-snapping in the beginning

I don't know if they did directly, but it was pretty clearly supposed to be him "becoming a better person" and inspired by Tommy.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

hopefully felicity is in the grave and we just saw head felicity.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

greatn posted:

What would be the worst thing the writers could possibly do at this point with the character? Since that is probably what will happen.

Answer: Pregnant

and then she won't tell Oliver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Flash is October 4, so I imagine October 5.

• Locked thread