Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Maybe over in LoT they'll grab Goth Felicity and she can replace current Felicity.

Oh man, thats kind of a good idea. They could do anything they want to her character, and then sub in a 'past version' who doesn't have to keep the obligations of their future self. Goth Felicity is subbed in, isn't in a relationship with Oliver: no more Lois and Clark ver.2.

In LoT they could have the team fail all the time, or have members constantly dying and have to grab other timeline versions of them to fill in the team again. It'd be like the star trek episode where the time cops keep grabbing Seven of Nine and sending her on the same mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Oh man, we could get an entire team of Ray, how awesome would that be?

I was more interested in seeing spectacular failures and people on the team dying really funny ways. Maybe they can go in the future and find a Ray thats worth having on the team? Probably have to hit up earth 2 for that though.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

In the worst way too. The actors they had for Waller, Deadshot and the others all seemed great. Cupid as a stand-in for Harley would've been acceptable and it would be a great playground to put away captured villains without having to have the heroes in the other series kill them off. If they're unpopular, they're either killed in SS or never seen again. More than that, they get a recurring on SS. If they're really popular like Snart or Merlyn, they can show up in the main series from time to time but still be tied to the Squad without it being so unrealistic that they keep getting away because of the heroic no-kill rule. (Metas don't count because of budget and the Flash)

The SS should have been a spin-off show for the reasons above, and intersected with the main shows in a behind the scenes Back to the Future Marty avoids Marty way. Snart sneaks into Darhke's underground facility to steal whatever and they can reuse sets for example.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I've been a big Felicity supporter from the get go, but what they should do is dump her on Legends of Tomorrow. She can take over the job of that crappy AI they copied from the Jaguar game Cybermorph and she can just hang out on the ship all day doing technobabble garbage. Don't let her date Palmer again though, every time he says or does something stupid the rest of the crew can look at her and she can feel embarrassed that she was ever with him.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Asimo posted:

The problem with Felicity isn't that she's a bad character. She's a good character, and fun... but only when she's allowed to be the fun quirky banter sidekick. However the writers for this show are so incompetent that the only way to know how to do romance is with the maximum amount of contrived angst as possible, which is against her character from the first two seasons and is just a massive drag in general. I wish they'd get over that sort of lovely writing, but every romance on every CW show is a similar atrocity so it's got to be some sort of network mandated thing. :shrug:

I think I heard it on a podcast from some guy whos done a bunch of TV but it kind of made sense: show writers for the most part are people who come from pretty well off families, go to college prep, then some ivy league college, and finally get jobs writing scripts and because of that they have really stunted social lives and life experiences and so have no real depth to draw on for how 'normal' people talk and interact. I mean if the show is about rich white people thats in their wheelhouse, but they rely on tropes and cliches for everything else because thats the crutch they have (character is in a gang? he has to call everyone 'dawg', constantly. CSI practically writes itself!). Then of course they become execs too. Thats not to say there aren't screen writers who are the complete opposite out there, obviously.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I think what makes Merlyn worth keeping around and appearing on the other shows is his goals are already pretty generally vague and hes chaotic and we already accept that. He likes to stir poo poo up. He doesnt have to be the big bad, and because of the previously mentioned chaos and poo poo stirring he can screw things up for the heroes without the writers having to make the real big bad goddamn everywhere doing everything and then he (Merlyn) can just disappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Proposition Joe posted:

Why are there so many new characters on this show.

Throw as much poo poo up against the wall as you can and see what sticks. If the fans like it we can spin it off into another new show! We don't do regular pilots anymore, we backdoor pilot everything.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 24, 2016

• Locked thread