Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Whizbang posted:

Hal Jordan is an rear end in a top hat? I'm more shocked than Barry Allen!

Hal Jordan is such an rear end in a top hat, I hope if he appears in this season, he is played by William Zabka or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Calling it to be Boston Brand

Didn't Merlyn assassinate Boston Brand in the comics?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

LongDarkNight posted:

Is it confirmed as a tie-in between the two series or using the same actor to play the character?

It's definitely the same actor, Matt Ryan, reprising his role as JC.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It is. The pilot is weak but it really picks up with the 4th or 5th episode and it's a crime it didn't get another season.

Agreed, and Matt Ryan is one of the best casting decisions of any comic adaptation ever -- up there with Christopher Reeve, Robert Downey Jr., Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, and J.K. Simmons.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I think the grave is Diggle's. He's been talking too much about having a family to take care of, and his renewed quest for revenge against HIVE is going to get him killed. He might even sacrifice himself to save his family, or perhaps Oliver. And then Curtis Holt will start wearing Diggle's helmet and be inspired to become Mister Terrific.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Lu Yan posted:

Ray Palmer better loving stay dead. Though I think I would watch to see him killed over and over.

He's going to be one of the leads in Legends of Tomorrow, along with Sara Lance, Dr. Stein, Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Hawkgirl, and Hawkman.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
He would have been so much cooler as Ted Kord, instead of Ray.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Longbaugh01 posted:

Whoa. Just found out John Badham directed "Haunted". I guess he had directed an episode of Constantine.

If you don't know who that is, he directed WarGames among other things. What's with Arrow getting directors like Lexi Bell and Badham all of a sudden?

Lexi Alexander. Although I'd be very intrigued to see what Lexi Belle would do with an episode of Arrow!

Lots of movie directors are directing TV now. I just noticed that Marc Webb, director of Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2, directed the series premieres of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend AND Limitless this season.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
It's either gonna be Diggle or Lance, but the ladies are all safe. I'm still leaning toward Diggle, with Mister Terrific waiting in the wings.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I thought Nyssa was going to kill Katana for sure, after what happened to Deadshot and Amanda Waller, with the Suicide Squad movie coming.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Yeah her surviving surprised the hell out of me, I already started laughing as soon as Nyssa drew her sword.

I wonder if we'll ever return to the secret Lian Yu prison, to find out Captain Boomerang starved to death because nobody remembered to feed him.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bentacos posted:

Captain Boomerang and Deathstroke just need to wait until Captain Cold and Heatwave get thrown in there with them.

Then they could cancel Arrow and Flash and even Legends of Tomorrow, because Prison Break: Rogues with those four guys would be the best show of all.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

zoux posted:

That wasn't as good as the first Bamford directed episode

Maria!??!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I can't help but be offended that Felicity's disability might be undone with a simple computer chip (and a self-sustaining power source) embedded in her spine. I think the few episodes of Felicity getting used to the wheelchair and regaining her strength, self-confidence, and pride, all while continuing to be smart, capable, and sexy have been such a powerful story arc for her. It has been one of the highlights of Season 4, in fact. At least the writers haven't committed the common error of referring to her as "wheelchair-bound," which is wholly inaccurate, considering wheelchairs empower people with spinal cord injuries and other disabilities to be more independent than they would be without them.

This is close to my heart because I'm married to a brilliant and beautiful woman with a disability (who actually teaches a college course on Media and Disability), and this storyline even got her to start watching Arrow with me. She loved the conversation between Felicity and her former goth self, as she abandoned the pain meds and embraced her new identity, turning her limitations into newfound strength and resolve. I know the writers intended the Curtis Holt character to have the best intentions, but the idea that Felicity has to literally "walk" down the aisle to marry the love of her life is disappointing at best and offensive at worst.

After DC Comics undid Barbara Gordon's disability (after almost 20 years of Oracle being an amazing and unique character), I was really hoping the Arrow writers were attempting to rectify that with Felicity. There aren't enough people with disabilities on TV, especially ones treated as strong, smart, sexy characters.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I just watched De-Lovely, the musical biopic about legendary songwriter Cole Porter (played well by Kevin Kline), and who showed up as a song-and-dance man (and one of Porter's many lovers) but John Barrowman! They sang a duet of "Night and Day" that was quite good. One more person for the inevitable Arrow/Flash/Legends/Supergirl musical episode.

There was another guy I could have sworn was a young Teddy Sears (Jay Garrick/Zoom on Flash), but it turned out he was Kevin McKidd.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Monument_Point

Guggenheim originally created the location for his JSA run as their new base of operations in 2010. It lasted less than a year before Flashpoint and the New 52 kicked in.

I was wondering if it was a reference to Monument Valley, a town that got nuked in Preacher, only the Arrow writers' room got the name wrong too.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Barrowman sang beautifully in De-Lovely, too:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=njBbT2r6MdU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I was really hoping for the Greg Saunders Vigilante, the motorcycle-ridin', guitar-strummin', straight-shootin', Hollywood-actin', singin' cowboy, ideally played by Nathan Fillion, who performed his voice in Justice League Unlimited.

But since we're getting Wild Dog and the Chase Vigilante already, how hard would it be to write Vic Sage into the next season? Ever since Season 1, I've been thinking the Question would be a perfect fit for this show.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Scyantific posted:

He was also the villain in Walking Tall, a villain in Justified, and was also Dum Dum Dugan in Captain America & Agent Carter.

And he voiced Deadshot in Batman: Assault on Arkham, which will almost certainly be a better Suicide Squad movie than the forthcoming Suicide Squad movie, with a much cooler portrayal of Deadshot than Will Smith will probably be.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Crunk Abortion posted:

Rosenbaum is also my favorite Deadshot.

I loved that Rosenbaum did a snarky, sarcastic Kevin Spacey impression as his Deadshot voice.

Deadshot was AWESOME in Batman: Assault on Arkham. He clowned Batman AND Joker, slept with Harley, and ended up pretty much as the big hero. There's no way Will Smith could possibly make him that awesome in the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Turns out Katie Cassidy also signed one of those Berlanti-verse contracts similar to Barrowman and Miller.

It sounds like they're going with a "Legion of Doom," a group of villains to appear on all the shows this season: Barrowman's Merlyn, Miller's Captain Cold (which sucks, because he made so much positive character development as an antihero/hero), as well as Neal McDonough's Damien Darkh and Matt Letscher's Reverse Flash/Eobard Thawne.

My best guess is Katie Cassidy will play the evil Earth-2 Black Siren, due to the nature of her contract sounding the same as the rest of them.

• Locked thread