Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm seeing some early reviews saying the tone is almost completely different. A lot lighter, and even Oliver is jokey now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The way they cut on that Sara salmon ladder is very suspicious.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'll always prefer this over Flash because Green Arrow and Black Canary are way cooler than Barry Allen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm not sure Oliver would really have that kind of reaction to Lance dying. He's definitely the most expendable character though.

Thea could also be killed and not affect things too much.

Felicity is such a significant part of the lighter tone they say they're going for. Season 5 would be a totally different show if she was gone.

Digg makes the most sense but man that guy has just been poo poo on for 3 seasons now. Give him a break.

I don't think they're killing Laurel, she's the only other major character with a major comic counterpart.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It took him a couple of hours to make it there.

Though he has since upped his top speed a few times.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Caper posted:

Yeah I liked it more than Flash's premiere definitely.
I also think Felicity is too obvious, so I'm thinking Thea... If Diggle dies Ollie would be surrounded by a bunch of girls, not that that's a bad thing, just uneven. Plus I'd hate to see him go.
That twist with Lance though...whoa... I think he's fed up with supervillains taking over his city every May so now he's just gonna align with them to make sure things don't get too out of hand?

It sounded more like he's being forced.

Sinistral posted:

Already a huge improvement over last season. The writers need to be banned from using the words "darkness" or "light" though.

Unless it's following "Green Lantern's"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She was in great shape last year, it was probably the costume.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

They made out like the bomb on the train was one step down from a nuke - they blew the train up from about 50 yards away.

A properly designed bomb isn't going to go off because its transport exploded.

Reviews usually see the first ~4 episodes actually.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Oct 8, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Metahumans fit better on the Flash but I think like magic and sorcery works better on Arrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VagueRant posted:

How did Thea's characterisation go from "Whoo! Terrorists are shooting machine guns at me! This is fun!" go to "I HAVE ANGER ISSUES AND I WILL BEAT YOUR SKULL IN AND CUT YOUR HEAD OFF!" in the space of one episode?

She's a zombie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

Disappointed in the voice modulator use w/ Oliver this episode, not that its ever been the show's strong point.It just sounded incredibly off.

Yeah, I noticed that. The first time he spoke it had some distance to it,which made sense because the focus was on Damien and Oliver was on the other side of the car. But then it seemed like they kept that through his whole speech even in close-ups.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's usually more like "we haven't decided which of the directions we thought of to go" rather than "we have no clue".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They didn't show a close enough shot to determine if it's a mass grave or not.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

Sadly this is the case. I know it's the name in the comics, but I think Star City is a stupid and generic-sounding name for a city, especially compared to Starling City. Plus now we have Star City on Arrow and STAR Labs on Flash. Too many stars!

They are generic. Coast City, Hub City, Central City, Metropolis, even Gotham. They're not names, they're adjectives.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Although after last season it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that Oliver can still like Felicity.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Felicity was probably the one making the calls.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The way he played Ra's is dangerous because there's a fine line between the old veteran warrior who just doesn't care about the world anymore, and being flat.

I think he was on the good side more often than not though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Haha, he used his Arrow voice there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

frgildan posted:

So the CEO fires people?

The CEO can choose to, sure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you know how much arrows cost?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

frgildan posted:

Also why are they hurting for money? Not to sound evil but didn't Palmer recover a bunch of weapon research from Queen industries? Seems like they could be making a mint off that.

Also did Oliver buying that truck cost someone a job. Okay my new game for this season will be figuring out how many jobs any new toy they break out cost.

Felicity probably doesn't want to sell weapons.

Also the idea is to make the company profitable. Felicity injecting some money doesn't fix their finances.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You would think this guy would ask how Oliver shaved.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pan Dulce posted:

Woah. Darhk can't be touched, I guess. And he stops projectiles with ~magic~, so how the gently caress do you fight that?

Magic arrows.

Oliver has to find the Tri-Force.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Digg does know you can shoot through fire, right?

Huh. Ollie just got straight up beat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spergatory posted:

I can't even remember this guy's name but he's the best villain-of-the-week the show has had in quite some time.

I don't know his real name, but he's supposed to be Anarky. He was in Arkham Origins.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I kind of wanted it to actually be a spa trip where they have to have a team-up adventure.

frgildan posted:

I'm glad he's not dead because I hope he comes back.

Well there you go.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That shot didn't seem necessary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kegslayer posted:

This was a legit good episode.

The timing on that's good too. She's jumped slightly before he made the shot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

People brought this up last week also - why is this a thing?

Because it was a big talking point in all of their interviews and stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You know, besides the board room hilarity, I forgot how loving easily Oliver infiltrated that group on the island.

"Yea he totally stepped on a landmine. Gotta take my word for it."

"Hmm guess so. Btw do you want his job? I also believe you have been here for 3 years because you ripped your shirt and put some dirt on your arms. I better not ask to see where you lived or for any sort of proof."

Beautiful famous people have it easy, even on slave labour islands.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She never lost it or anything but now there's 4 of them showing up to every fight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's good for 6 months. Then they just kill her again, and re-revive her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was the captain of that particular precinct but now he seems to be the Commissioner or Chief.

And yet still hangs out in that particular precinct.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Summary for Constantine's episode Haunted

poo poo, I wasn't expecting that :suspense:

Yeah, those 2 words change a whole lot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's holding them that way because she wants to hurt people more than police do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hitting people with the end of the handle is going to hurt more, surface area and force and all that.

She's basically using them as hammers, but nightsticks look cooler and also still gives her the ability to fight with them as tonfas.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah, you'd think if he knew that he would have mentioned it while Ra's was still alive so that Thea at least had a chance of curing herself.

He couldn't do that, he needed to kill him (or have Oliver kill him) for his plan to work out. And also Thea would have no chance against him.

Unlikely to be written that way, but it did work out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes, she talked with him about forgiving Oliver while he was playing with the baby.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're dressed really inappropriately for a funeral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ted Kord is the picture in the dictionary next to Uncool.

• Locked thread