Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

tyblazitar posted:

The 5 new zones together is larger than all the HoT zones and the 6 living story S3 zones added together.

First Expansion Vertical Zones
Second Expansion Horizontal zones
Third Expansion Water zones confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

mounts in maguuma zones would be great for speedy map completion, from the look of things.

I suspect that while you won't need maguuma masteries in crystal desert zones, they probably are gonna stow some things here and there that reward having both, like ley-lines you can ride up to chests or thermal vents that'll launch you to a hidden bonus vendor, that kind of thing.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Kessel posted:

that launch date is a lot closer than i had expected
Well they did say they wanted to release the expansion on the same timeline as the LS releases, so I guess the real surprise is them actually accomplishing that.

gandlethorpe posted:

Some deadeye info from WP:

Has ammo as a mechanic. He didn't really go into it, but seems like an additional resource when using rifle.

Skill 5 - go prone and stealth. Locked in place but can dodge. Get extra (huge) range on weapon skills and double projectile speed.
Skill 4 - nuke skill with very high damage. If it hits you can shadow step backwards.
Other skills rip boons.

F1 - becomes targeted Mark. Builds malice every second. Traits and skills interact with malice.

Gets cantrips.
I'm super boring so this is extremely my poo poo and I would like to know more

Anyway here's hoping they learned from HoT and the launch isn't a giant mess that drives a ton of people away; most of the people I used to play this game with who quit because of HoT's launch are finally playing this game again.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Fried Sushi posted:

First Expansion Vertical Zones
Second Expansion Horizontal zones
Third Expansion Water zones confirmed

so basically

1st: height
2nd: width
3rd: depth

hm, checks out.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
How in-depth has the information on the new specs been? Too early to tell their roles/playstyles/geartypes ?

Several of the new specs looks interesting though not really my type of playstyle. I have leveled all classes to 80 with elite specs and Condi Ranger with sb/axe-torch for soloing and druid for teamplay was my favorite, with auramancer in a good second place. E.g. lots of self sustain for solo play and supportive/healy type of builds for group.

I am also of the opinion that the elite specs added should be so good that everyone is going to be using them, they are the biggest selling point of the expansion so it would suck to play a class that gets a spec that is not good for the new content (e.g. spellbreaker being a pvp spec if that is true) so if the ranger spec doesn't make me stronger at soloing or supporting i am not sure i'll be getting the expansion.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Apparently it's also confirmed that the max level boost from PoF comes with an extra shared inventory slot.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Apparently it's also confirmed that the max level boost from PoF comes with an extra shared inventory slot.

That would be amazing, I'm gonna need a place to keep my new 1% pass.

...I'm still considering the space one, too, though. Space owns.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That's good, still haven't used the first one was wondering what would happen.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

New guild hall footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeswQEZffvs

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Looks like Weaver is probably intended for condi damage and maybe tanking? It looks like it has a "barrier" mechanic and traits to make it tankier when holding a sword.

Not sure how I feel about that. I'm certainly not opposed to condi damage, but the good condi sets are so, so, so much more of a pain in the rear end to get than good power sets :negative:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Harrow posted:

Looks like Weaver is probably intended for condi damage and maybe tanking? It looks like it has a "barrier" mechanic and traits to make it tankier when holding a sword.

Not sure how I feel about that. I'm certainly not opposed to condi damage, but the good condi sets are so, so, so much more of a pain in the rear end to get than good power sets :negative:

They noted that since the new necro spec is condi focused, that reaper will be re-worked to be more power based. I wonder if the same may happen for ele. Also we have that new stat combo that had the top stat both power and condi damage. I'm going to be stashing LS3 currency until then with the hopes that those trinkets will be able to get that stat combo.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

They noted that since the new necro spec is condi focused, that reaper will be re-worked to be more power based. I wonder if the same may happen for ele. Also we have that new stat combo that had the top stat both power and condi damage. I'm going to be stashing LS3 currency until then with the hopes that those trinkets will be able to get that stat combo.

Tempest is already pretty power-focused, and I like Tempest a lot, so it makes sense that Weaver would be condi-focused. But Weaver also looks cool--it's just going to be a pain for me to switch over unless they add some sort of easily-available decent condi stat set.

People do run condi Tempests, but as far as I can tell that's more of a fluke than anything, and not really the way the spec was designed.

I really do like Tempest a lot so if it turns out I don't like Weaver, or just don't have the gear to play Weaver for a while, that's not exactly a disaster. I'm just being a little baby and wanting to play the new thing :v:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I wouldn't be surprised if weaver becomes a lot better to run out in open world, while tempest remains aces for instanced stuff. Then we can have a bit of both :toot:

I was never a warhorn fan so Tempest was always a bit meh to me, but if weaver works out, i think it would be amazing with the new legendary.

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
The other thing about ammo is that I think several classes interact with it now: they mentioned war was getting an "ammo" counter of three for Kick early in the WP stream. So ammo will probably modify a bunch of the base specs as well.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cletus, day one

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

How in-depth has the information on the new specs been? Too early to tell their roles/playstyles/geartypes ?

Several of the new specs looks interesting though not really my type of playstyle. I have leveled all classes to 80 with elite specs and Condi Ranger with sb/axe-torch for soloing and druid for teamplay was my favorite, with auramancer in a good second place. E.g. lots of self sustain for solo play and supportive/healy type of builds for group.

I am also of the opinion that the elite specs added should be so good that everyone is going to be using them, they are the biggest selling point of the expansion so it would suck to play a class that gets a spec that is not good for the new content (e.g. spellbreaker being a pvp spec if that is true) so if the ranger spec doesn't make me stronger at soloing or supporting i am not sure i'll be getting the expansion.

WP did a quick demo of the new specs on the twitch stream and the vod is available here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/163637673 starting at around 1h30

Chalks fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 1, 2017

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Weaver info dump from WP stream. It looks like a loving blast and everything I've always wanted ele to be. Glad to see they're really pushing boundaries with the new specs.

Main mechanic: Dual Attuning
-Primary attunement determines your left two weapon skills, secondary determines the right two, and the third is a dual skill that combines both elements.
-Third skill is the same no matter which order you are attuned.
-Colored bar between weapon skillbar and attunement bar represents your composite attunement.
-Using attunement swap is like a queue. Your right attunement becomes whatever your left attunement was, and your left attunement becomes the new one. To attune to one attunement fully, you have to use the same one twice in a row.
-Attunement swapping is on a 3 second global cooldown.
-Dual attuning and single attuning are both encouraged with traits.
-Many skills/traits grant a barrier so you don't instadie as a melee ele. Barrier is a new mechanic that buffers your health total.
-Left attunement is considered your primary attunement for the purposes of traits, like passive heal or immunity to crit.

Sword skills
F1 - Chain that burns on the final strike
F2 - Leap and short fire field
F3 - Deals extra damage to burning enemies, also causes burn itself
W2 - Evade backwards, regenerate, and leave a water field
A2 - Shadowstep to a target, daze, and gain superspeed if you interrupt. Leap finisher

Dual skills

Sword
F/W - Double strike, apply burn and chill
W/A - Ranged chill attack that hits multiple targets

Staff
W/A - Moving hurricane that pulses heal and chill
A/E - Large piercing boulder that moves very fast and dazes. Long windup but big damage

Scepter
F/A - Piercing beam that deals large damage
F/E - Meteor that causes vulnerability and burning
W/A - Piercing projectile that chills
W/E - Multihit aoe attack that causes bleeding and vulnerability

Stances

Non-elites have 2 charges, which can be used successively on short cooldowns. Charges take longer to refresh.

Healing - Gives a buff that heals in an aoe when hitting enemies
Stone Resonance - Gain barrier periodically
Unravel - While active, forces you into one attunement
Twist of Fate - Stunbreak, evade, and gain superspeed
Primordial Stance - Damages and inflicts different conditions based on attunements. Fully attuning one element gives the same condition twice
Weave Self (elite) - Reduces attuning cd, gain bonuses for attuning. If you attune to every element before the stance ends, gain a powerful buff that combines each individual attunement's bonus, and you can end the stance to float nearby enemies

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 1, 2017

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

did they say or show gliding in the new zones? I just like jumping off of poo poo

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Why?! I'm so stoked to use mounts everywhere, it would be terrible if I had to go to the new zones to use one and couldn't prance around guild missions or DR with my new mount.

In other MMOs I have played, mounting takes time. So every time you want to interact with an object, node, or enemy, there is an awkward delay as you mount back up. It discourages interaction. But people are saying this game's mounts will be instant, which would solve that issue.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Lyer posted:

did they say or show gliding in the new zones? I just like jumping off of poo poo

Can glide, and I believe you can glide directly from a mount.

Also dang, I was hoping that Ele would be simpler to use but that sounds like the difficulty is ramped up even more.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 1, 2017

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

treizebee posted:

I had the same thought. A solid chunk of core traitline skills involve life force, and the majority of them are only good because of the LF effect.

I think life force will be used still, it's like the big necro mechanic. RIP extra health bar though.

Here's to hoping my Viper's set will still be meta!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mizuti posted:

In other MMOs I have played, mounting takes time. So every time you want to interact with an object, node, or enemy, there is an awkward delay as you mount back up. It discourages interaction. But people are saying this game's mounts will be instant, which would solve that issue.

They look instant in the videos so far, but even if there was a delay it would be worth it, look how cool they look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zoDp6rK9V0

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

CLAM DOWN posted:

They look instant in the videos so far, but even if there was a delay it would be worth it, look how cool they look

The only mounts that can hold you are Gemstore only.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yep, mounting is instant, which also makes it quite easy to swap to another mount as well, just like changing your skills.

Also, :siren: SHILL WARS 2 ALERT :siren:
Please buy the expansion, I like eating.
:siren: END SHILL WARS 2 ALERT :siren:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

gently caress I'm hype, time to catch up on Season 3.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Yep, mounting is instant, which also makes it quite easy to swap to another mount as well, just like changing your skills.

Also, :siren: SHILL WARS 2 ALERT :siren:
Please buy the expansion, I like eating.
:siren: END SHILL WARS 2 ALERT :siren:

I love you and great job with this!!!! I'm way more hyped for this than I was for HoT tbh, I feel like Anet has learned so much and really refined their vision for the game to the point where this xpack is exactly what most of us want.

:siren: Also new OP dropping shortly :siren:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Do we get dank leaks from the anet goons?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Keegers posted:

Not sure if anyone posted but new stat type

Power++/condi damage++/percision+/ferocity+

As a CritReaper this is great.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I wonder if they are still going to use the massive hero point cost inflation to unlock the new elites as they did in HoT. I'm guessing yes, but always hoping no. I'm sure there are some who don't mind swapping to an incomplete new trait line as they work to unlock it over time, but I am not one of those people.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm sooooooo hyped!
Even though HOT was fun, I kinda hated vertical zones because it was so hard to learn where things were. Verticality is fun when it's more urban, I feel.

A little miffed because I'm working on a game that has a class called Holomancer but whatever. Nothing is original.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Firebrand looked pretty lame from the preview video, but the tome mechanic actually sounds interesting and super flavorful. You gain pages by dealing damage, then activate a tome to bring up a new skill bar. Tome skills are chapters about Elonian heroes, and using a skill eats up a page.

Mantras are also cool. The final charge is stronger, and it's possible that charges replenish if you don't use them all up.

Looks like the found a good way to recycle the old tome elites.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

lucifirius posted:

Do we get dank leaks from the anet goons?

lol sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

:siren::siren::siren: New thread up!!! :siren::siren::siren:

• Locked thread