Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I see three non-80s, you slacker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Hey Arus, earlier you said you played daredevil this last beta and the staff was fun. What kinda changes did they make to it? Last time I tried it out it was a bit kinda still poo poo/sorta really boring.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
You know what's the best part of a new thread? Reliving all the best pictures of the old thread. :allears:

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!
Someone in the old thread talked about it being difficult to activate the scrappers function gyro to revive people.

I didn't have those difficulties in the raids we did. I just had to aim in the general direction of the downed/dead guys and I got the revive option as normal (except the "F" prompt texture was greenish instead of yellowish).

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CLAM DOWN posted:

:siren: Read below for expansion pack details! :siren:

Found it!

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

This game good yet?

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Game is all about dressing up
David Liebe Hart

Phantom of Krankor

Ohlordylord

Sfd Bonehead

and the list goes on.

Edit
How could I forget Toaster Movements while enjoying some WvW.

Redmanred fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Oct 7, 2015

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

New thread? Time to re-read the OP for no reason!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

New thread? Time to re-read the OP for no reason!

Why would you do that? Hasn't been updated in like three years.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

When is raid time and how many flasks do I need to farm mats for

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

BobTheJanitor posted:

When is raid time and how many flasks do I need to farm mats for
Just this one

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Forgall posted:

Just this one

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
This is the D2 of our time. If they kept WvW going for 10 years I'd probably play it for 10 years.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

The OP is in fact outdated, in the pvp section it talks about having to unlock traits and healing abilities.

Tell me what to change! I don't spvp unless forced and I have no idea really how that part works

Sprite141 posted:

Hey Arus, earlier you said you played daredevil this last beta and the staff was fun. What kinda changes did they make to it? Last time I tried it out it was a bit kinda still poo poo/sorta really boring.

Didn't play it prior to this past Sunday, no idea what changed then! I thought it was insanely powerful and the animations were hilariously rad, it was the most damage of all the elite specs I tried except maybe reaper.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

Tell me what to change! I don't spvp unless forced and I have no idea really how that part works

I think it's just a case of taking the sentence "The only thing that would need to be unlocked are a healing skill, the XIII trait, and some account wide gear unlocks" and turning it into "The only thing that would need to be unlocked are some amulets."

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Sfd Bonehead is by far the best Redman.

Just FYI.

Farts
Nov 4, 2005
Not comin back until SAB is back.

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012
Everyone needs to take a minute out of their day and thank Arus for his hard work on keeping this thread up. Thanks Arus!!

Edit: I still think Arus has the body of a Greek God and I don't care what anyone else says!

Mosthated fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 7, 2015

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

goattrails posted:

Someone in the old thread talked about it being difficult to activate the scrappers function gyro to revive people.

I didn't have those difficulties in the raids we did. I just had to aim in the general direction of the downed/dead guys and I got the revive option as normal (except the "F" prompt texture was greenish instead of yellowish).

That's because I'm an idiot trying to target a mesmer in the middle of an Arah bossfight while also throwing grenades. Turns out I'm bad at clicking things!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

if you cant pvp you should play a piss easy build

suggestions:

condi stealth mesmer (rabid, staff scepter/torch)
trap ranger (settler, sword/dagger axe/torch)
minion necro (soldier/sentinel, easiest build ever)

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Dreggon posted:

if you cant pvp you should play a piss easy build

suggestions:

condi stealth mesmer (rabid, staff scepter/torch)
trap ranger (settler, sword/dagger axe/torch)
minion necro (soldier/sentinel, easiest build ever)
alternatively: don't waste your time with one of the most dull experiences to ever grace the face of the earth

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Just delete the pvp section and link to some dota thread instead.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

I think it's just a case of taking the sentence "The only thing that would need to be unlocked are a healing skill, the XIII trait, and some account wide gear unlocks" and turning it into "The only thing that would need to be unlocked are some amulets."

Done!

Mosthated posted:

Everyone needs to take a minute out of their day and thank Arus for his hard work on keeping this thread up. Thanks Arus!!

Edit: I still think Arus has the body of a Greek God and I don't care what anyone else says!

This is 200% true and thank you!!!!

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

This is 200% true and thank you!!!!

Arus has the body of 2 Greek gods then? :v:

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
Fresh clean thread smell, thanks again for the amazing OP Arus!

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Organza Quiz posted:

Also some runes/sigils that are of debatable use.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Baron Snow posted:

Arus has the body of 2 Greek gods then? :v:

Yeah

Dionysus and Silenus

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Other posted:

Place your bets on the Halloween event being the same event as the last two year's due to dropping the same date as the expansion

Give moredromoth a halloween outfit and bang done new event is the expansion.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lprsti99 posted:

Yeah

Dionysus and Silenus

:vince:

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Easy event-

All player models are the green skeleton tonics.

All music is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDdR4c9vcEw

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lprsti99 posted:

Yeah

Dionysus and Silenus

Excellent

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm happy to be part of a thread that contains sick classical mythology burns.

If I, a shameful nub, want to come do Guild Missions and stuff, should I basically just show up and do what the chat tells me? Is it that easy? I understand that I probably should get my waypoints first.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm happy to be part of a thread that contains sick classical mythology burns.

If I, a shameful nub, want to come do Guild Missions and stuff, should I basically just show up and do what the chat tells me? Is it that easy? I understand that I probably should get my waypoints first.

The most important rule is to immediately touch everything within reach. Repeatedly.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-reward-tracks/

quote:

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns will introduce Shards of Glory, a new tradable crafting material obtained through PvP. Because Shards of Glory are going to be a part of legendary crafting—which you’ll learn more about in the coming week—we’re updating all reward tracks with them. To accommodate this change, we’re replacing two of the four transmutation stones on each reward track with Shards of Glory.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
Pretty sure the answer is "No", but if I already own the base game, is there a discounted option for the expansion? As far as I can tell no, and I'm pretty sure it worked like that with GW1, but its been awhile!

Also really lame that even fully deleting all my characters won't let me server switch for free, I want to get in on this Maaguma action.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Finagle posted:

Pretty sure the answer is "No", but if I already own the base game, is there a discounted option for the expansion? As far as I can tell no, and I'm pretty sure it worked like that with GW1, but its been awhile!

Also really lame that even fully deleting all my characters won't let me server switch for free, I want to get in on this Maaguma action.

Not yet, the expansion isn't even out yet so I wouldn't expect any sales/discounts until it is!

And, you should definitely be able to move servers if you delete all characters! I've never done this, but someone else could confirm?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The only time not being on Maguuma will matter is for WvW, you won't get to party around with goons in that case. Everything else is perfectly fine.

There's no discount option for HoT for owning the base game already.

Merrill
Dec 30, 2008

Challenged by gravity
Fun Shoe

Hmm. Think there will be an alternate way to acquire them, like Badges of Honor?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Godamnit, replace something useless instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Merrill posted:

Hmm. Think there will be an alternate way to acquire them, like Badges of Honor?

quote:

Shards of Glory, a new tradable crafting material obtained through PvP
from the tivacpost

• Locked thread