Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
someone except my request to join goons squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
another wasted snipe

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007
Looks like we're getting the Exalted back and not the Mursaat, still neat but the mursaat coming back would have been so cool.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-exalted-pure-dedication/

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
wvwintel got an awesome update http://wvwintel.com you can see kill ratios for each matchup now.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

ApeHawk posted:

Legendary Mary Sue Stance.

It's Shout-based and they are all "Die."

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Wonder if the Exalted's resemblance to the mursaat was intentional. They're both levitating, magical, golden people, which is weirdly specific. In addition to that, it's implied that their old followers (the White Mantle) are still active nearby the expansion zones. Having these mystery beings just be magical humans is underwhelming. Could've been a nice opportunity to resolve old plot threads.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Mizuti posted:

Wonder if the Exalted's resemblance to the mursaat was intentional. They're both levitating, magical, golden people, which is weirdly specific. In addition to that, it's implied that their old followers (the White Mantle) are still active nearby the expansion zones. Having these mystery beings just be magical humans is underwhelming. Could've been a nice opportunity to resolve old plot threads.

Everyone expects them to be the mursaat which is why it will be a great twist when they turn out to be ascended quaggan.

Edit: Oh I just read the article, Ascended Skritt I was way off.

Joust fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 9, 2015

PsycheNotFound
Sep 30, 2015

by Lowtax
A big thing I've faced in the past with Guild Wars 2 would be WvW that boiled down to karma trains avoiding enemy teams completely. I remember specifically EotM evolved to be this exclusively. Will the expansion do anything to address this, or can I expect more conga lines with perma-sprints?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

PsycheNotFound posted:

A big thing I've faced in the past with Guild Wars 2 would be WvW that boiled down to karma trains avoiding enemy teams completely. I remember specifically EotM evolved to be this exclusively. Will the expansion do anything to address this, or can I expect more conga lines with perma-sprints?
If you're on Maguuma, join SFD and follow Cletus around. Trust me.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Mercurius posted:

Agreed. The karma train thing is p much always EotM. Regular borderlands/EBG kinda depends on what commander is on, what the scores are and how many enemy blobs you find. There's going to be a lot of running away from poo poo like SBI zergs because they have like 90 loving people when we have 20-30.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Mercurius posted:

Who's Cletus? You mean the golden God bee man?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yo, what's that thing that calculates how much it would cost to raise a crafting skill to 400 or whatever and/or the easiest way to go about it

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I really find it hard to believe that people are only finding circle-capping karma trains in the borderlands/ebg.
Maybe if you are only on during way off hours or are thinking about EOTM...

Any time around reset, you can find a guild group to nuthug the outskirts of and get all the fights you could possible want

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

yo, what's that thing that calculates how much it would cost to raise a crafting skill to 400 or whatever and/or the easiest way to go about it

oh wait, it's in the OP that isn't updated at all

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

oh wait, it's in the OP that isn't updated at all

:cool:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

http://gw2crafts.net

i followed the 'fast' guide for weaponcrafting on this and it's relatively painless as long as you have a little bit of gold. it's actually embarrassing how loving easy it is to go from 300 to 400.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

http://gw2crafts.net

i followed the 'fast' guide for weaponcrafting on this and it's relatively painless as long as you have a little bit of gold. it's actually embarrassing how loving easy it is to go from 300 to 400.

I did leatherworking and huntsman to 400. But is there anything cool you can do with huntsman? LW at least lets you craft Sinister gear.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Sinister weapons?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

midnightclimax posted:

I did leatherworking and huntsman to 400. But is there anything cool you can do with huntsman? LW at least lets you craft Sinister gear.

I think you need to to make piquant plant food but other than that no

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Kassad posted:

Sinister weapons?

Oh huh. I think I noticed that, but then checked the TP and saw some affordable stuff with similar stats, and forgot about it.

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

I think you need to to make piquant plant food but other than that no

I like the crafting backpacks, so there's that.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

treizebee posted:

I really find it hard to believe that people are only finding circle-capping karma trains in the borderlands/ebg

with the new borderlands I expect even more maps to devolve into circle-capping karma train roundabouts

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Kessel posted:

with the new borderlands I expect even more maps to devolve into circle-capping karma train roundabouts

I'd expect that the dedicated wvw guilds will find upscale infested karma trains deliciously easy prey, and that stuff won't be quite as prevalent in real wvw.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
That depends how willing players are to fight each other on a jumping puzzle.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

Visidan posted:

wvwintel got an awesome update http://wvwintel.com you can see kill ratios for each matchup now.

Fro why doesn't this work for EU servers?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

OneEightHundred posted:

Oh boy!

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

malhavok posted:

They got rid of clone death builds? drat, that blows.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsaWnsICdohVoB2qBcrhFYDiMAX4llRY3PDNK3cJA-TZRHwAo2fYwhAAwJAQwTA4YZAA

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Hero challenge map, might want to get em done before HoT http://gw2maps.ch/?mapId=696

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Visidan posted:

Hero challenge map, might want to get em done before HoT http://gw2maps.ch/?mapId=696

How come?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

malhavok posted:

How come?

From what we know, the specializations are going to be very hero point intensive. So if you stock up now, you don't need to farm them at launch to get your sweet engineer hammer or w/e. I 'm guessing he means that.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

PartyCrown posted:

Looks like we're getting the Exalted back and not the Mursaat, still neat but the mursaat coming back would have been so cool.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-exalted-pure-dedication/

I like the guild wars archangels, they are pretty.

Tyreal!

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Trogdos! posted:

From what we know, the specializations are going to be very hero point intensive. So if you stock up now, you don't need to farm them at launch to get your sweet engineer hammer or w/e. I 'm guessing he means that.

You can also do pvp for hero point scrolls.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

OneEightHundred posted:

The best and most fun fights I've ever had in gw2 WvW happened in the OS puzzle during the 4 months after launch. People queued EBG not to fight in stonemist, but to get access to the OS portals. The borderland puzzles also had some great flashpoint fights.

But yeah that is true, the new borderlands took too many bad aspects from EOTM. :(

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
Hello I quit this game after hitting max level and my friend talked me into coming back, and now when I do well in pvp 15 people see WEEDLORD GOKU is on a rampage and that's pretty cool

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Trogdos! posted:

Here's the datamined table from a month back. If nothing changes you'll need 170 hero points total to unlock the last of your elite spec's grandmaster traits, but 50 will get you in the door with the first minor trait.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!
Well I have plenty "HERO POINTS" to spend. I will have my hammer!

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Here's the datamined table from a month back. If nothing changes you'll need 170 hero points total to unlock the last of your elite spec's grandmaster traits, but 50 will get you in the door with the first minor trait.
Given that there aren't actually enough hero points in the game to fill out the full lines in that datamined stuff (including the cosmetic armour/weapon unlocks) I'm pretty confident those won't be the final numbers.

The costs there for the skills/traits are exactly double what a normal skill/trait line are and I suspect they're a remnant from when it was intended that you'd need to do a third of the open world hero point challenges to even be able to fill out your trait lines which was scrapped as a concept a while ago.

The only way I can think of those numbers would line up is if the Mastery challenges in HoT give hero points (they haven't in any of the betas so far) but even so, I think expecting players to basically do world completion of both the old and new content before they can get everything in the elite spec lines seems unreasonable given how alt-friendly the rest of the game is.

Incidentally, using a level up tome at 80 now grants a spirit shard rather than a skill/hero point so you can't just farm them from PvP reward tracks anymore, either.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
I would bet on there being Hero Points acquirable somewhere in HoT and that being accounted for in the new trait line costs, actually. If the plan is to keep adding different prestige trait lines like this, they're going to have to keep adding new hero points to unlock them.

I'd say that and their new hang glider system seem like an interesting take on the whole perpetually expanding end game mmos need to do.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

If they could make minigames where the glider controls like the plane in Diddy Kong Racing then we'd be talking

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Have a hang glider star fox parody that ends with you having to fight a giant hologram of scarlet briar's head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I finally got this poo poo to reinstall after downloading at 250kb/s and below for like a day and a half. Logged off after about 5 minutes when I realized I had no idea how to play my Mesmer anymore. Looks like I need to set aside a few hours just to look at the skill menu.

• Locked thread