Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

tirinal posted:

All these QoL changes and no account-wide tradeskills makes me sad.

If they do that I demand reimbursement for levelling them on each alt, or consider my sub cancelled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Really your best option is to roll a warrior instead

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

whydirt posted:

My meta build for PvE is to have Cletus in my party.

Make sure you're angry about it though :allears:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

treizebee posted:

A fully tomed 2-80 character has enough points to unlock every single core trait line.
It costs ~400 points to fully unlock an elite spec (including the armor/weapon skin fluff)
A Maguuma Jungle hero challenge is worth ~10 points.

That's not nearly as bad as it could have been but still annoying I guess. No dragonhunter for a while :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Kinda sucks for people who play alot of characters, and hero challenges are maybe one of the more boring things in the game to grind out.So to have to do it over and over, just ugh. I want to play HOT with HOT stuff not with normal poo poo I've been playing for years now. :(

I agree, I don't expect to unlock hero specs on my many alts maybe ever, at the rate I play :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

kater posted:

Why don't you like having goals?

Lol videogame "goals"

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mizuti posted:

unique armor/shoulder piece

Are there pics of these yet btw?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

YEAH

FINALLY I AM THE BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY PRINCESS I ALWAYS KNEW I WAS

YOU'RE AN ACTUAL BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cletus buy me the wings

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Aroos buy me the wings and I will send you my turnips.

Turnips have a high market rate these days, kid

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Amante posted:

On that note... when you pay influence to rush an upgrade, does it take 25% off the total build time (as if you just started it) or the current build time?

Total

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Anet should slip that change in because the outrage would be hilarious

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

That was the worst probation of my posting career you asura lovers

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dreggon posted:

game is free now, your mom can sign up whenever

Lol

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

It's already Friday the 23rd here and the expansion is out, turns out the whole thing was just a plot to remove thieves and asura from the game

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Harrow posted:

Everybody please take care of your health and try not to die of video games when HoT releases :ohdear: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ps2zo/everyone_thats_preparing_for_release_please/

I hate MMO players

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lol timezones

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ShadowMar posted:

STOP!
SLOW DOWN!
PAY ATTENTION TO
THE STORY!

Nice, you got to see Nilgoow's basement!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Harrow posted:

Predictions on how far they'll throw that bucket when it takes like 10 hours to patch because the servers are melting down?

Not being able to play until Sunday bascially means I'm hitting it right when the servers start working!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

SlothBear posted:

Wrong account Arus.

I don't land until Sunday afternoon Pacific time so Shadowshift can eat my poop

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hi friends so how's the buggy xpack?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

No bugs get owned you hobbit hole dwelling gently caress

God loving dammit you're killing me here

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

except you. you're not playing.

:cry:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Do those new butterfly wings work as a glider skin too???

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

treizebee posted:

Attention : Any Revenant who uses Mallyx, you are completely immune to conditions forever if you take the tier 1 trait that gives you resistance every time you use a Mallyx skill.

How so do you ask?

Just spam toggle on/off the Mallyx elite that has no activation cost.

lel.

This wouldn't have happened if Anet had a test server.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Waci posted:

The elite specs are a per-alt grind that actually does seem as long as the doom and gloomy people were fearing when they revealed how much they would cost. The mastery system is account-wide, but is somewhat back-loaded in that it's a pain to get your first few points, but that's once per account and get significantly easier once you get most of the major movement options.

Yeah, that's not ok :( I'm bummed I won't be able to get a lot of elite specs on my alts, I simply don't play enough.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Xae posted:

It isn't the Hero Points. It isn't the Mastery Points.

It is the Mastery Training.

It is something like 12 million XP per section in a category.

That's grindy as gently caress, Anet tone this down in the next two days or I'm not leaving my hobbit hole.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kinger posted:

So I know that the answer here is probably "get gud" but I feel compelled to ask anyway - how the hell am I supposed to do things in the new zones without getting wrecked? The enemies do so much damage and while I can burn them down pretty quick (playing a Necro with a half unlocked Reaper spec), I have all the durability of wet tissue paper.

I've been dying a lot, which really isn't fun.

Should I bite the bullet and swap over to Knight or maybe Soldier gear?

I don't think soldier gear is the answer for you, I was using zerker gear as a dragonhunter in the betas and had no trouble at all. Presuming the mobs aren't somehow harder/different than the beta weekends, I hope someone here can help you with necro stuff!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

ANET got this hero point stuff the wrong way round. People want to play the new specs in the new content.

Right now you play the old specs, finish everything then you get the new spec... with nothing for it to do.

Agreed, I'm actually not at all looking forward to playing through the brand new content as the same loving class I've been for 3 years, I may actively avoid it tbh. Anet really got this wrong :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Apart from the hero point situation I'm enjoying the expansion tho

How's the new WvW?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

People levelling new revs, you having fun? I think that's what I'm gonna do first, and hope Anet fixes/rebalances elite unlocking.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sounds like I'm playing Misteriarus first, thanks for the rev feedback!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

That's why you're hearing complaints from the thread. Anet has a long history where some stuff only gets fixed seemingly incidentally while other stuff (build lockers) will sit around for literally years unaddressed if at all. People are justifiably worried that some of these problems will never get fixed and sour them on large chunks of the $50 content they paid for.

This is a really good point, I'm not magically going to have a fuckload of free time to grind out the elites, so it's a pretty big deal to me that it may take an extremely long time (if ever) to actually play the content I've paid for. I get how this isn't a big deal to some who have way more spare time but this expansion has a lot of middle fingers to casual players who have been playing a casual game for 3 years now.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Noirex posted:

Personally I'm fine with Masteries should be the only thing gated content wise and have no complains regarding the time it needs to unlock them especially since they are account wide. But imo it's a mistake to gate the Elite Specializations, especially for people like me who enjoy many alts. I had a blast with them during beta and it really renewed my interests in GW2 again so gating the main reason for most people buying the expac is kind of harsh. Maybe give us the first 3 traits to play around with and also smooth the way to the new harder maps? And no I don't expect them to be all immediately available but it's going to be a while before the average casual player can play with their elite specs. Which is a shame because again, the elite specs really are fun and adds a lot to the game.

I'm just bummed out because GW2 has always been close to prefect for a casual player like myself. Gating the Masteries/story should have been enough for an 'endgame'. Doing it to Elite specs too feels tedious and like their philosophy has turned for the grindy worst.

I actually agree, I don't mind masteries taking a while to unlock, but elites, gently caress that poo poo.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I doubt goons, SFD I know at the very least but I'm safely including all goons here, will ever have issues getting a couple pals to group up for hero points. The average pubbie though, is hosed :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

^^^ lol so true

ShadowMar posted:

the octovine event is really cool in theory, in practice it's a bunch of brain dead pubbies running around while 2 or 3 people yell at them for being idiots and the event is tuned for way too many people compared to how many people even attempt it

So it's every large event in this entire game

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I feel like by merely being a few days late for the xpack I'm going to have issues with hero point challenges =/

e: not to mention my casual playtime, I'm really feeling hosed here :(

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 25, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I see one of the expansion purchase options has an additional character slot. How much are those on their own? Thinking about jumping in.

(edit)

Er... hm, maybe nevermind :(

Well keep in mind I haven't played it yet as I've been traveling, but solely based on everything posted in this thread I'm feeling like I'm hosed as a casual player. My only hope is that Anet reverses this stupid rear end poo poo.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

it's the same GW2 experience you've always known. parts of it are really good and parts of it are really dumb poo poo

I know, I'm just bummed about not being able to play dragonhunter for quite some time now it seems and I'm stuck with the same loving specs I've been playing for 3 years, now it feels like I'm going to have issues doing hero challenges because I'm behind. Sucks man :(

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

there's genuinely no way they won't change something or other

Hope you're right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Any chance Anet fixed elites while I've been on a plane for 15 hours?

• Locked thread