Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I'm always happy to guide new groups along assuming I'm actually in town to do so. Message me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Atari teenager posted:

I don't know what's your in game handler.

Kes Ferdinand

gently caress if I remember my handle+number

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Schpyder posted:

It's mangoes.somethingsomething. I know that much, mainly because I constantly try to puzzle out how you arrived at that for an in-game ID.

Holdover from the days when I used to lead the grief-heavy fire-extinguisher-wielding goons from Star Trek Online. Such a lovely game with a community so bad it basically invited constant mockery.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

In many cases buying outright can be cheaper

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The first time I listed UTC nobody understood it so don't underestimate the inability of goons to grasp the existence of borders and basic math

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Yeah well that typo sat in there for months and literally nobody noticed so you know where you stand

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

1) plenty of people still playing

2) because of megaserver technology, you'll always see people running around the open world, even at the oddest possible hours. sometimes I'll be exploring the rear end in a top hat end of some stupid map, an event will start up, and within the next minute people will roll up even though it's the middle of nowhere

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

it went unused in GW1 too

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Yes. The base game is more than worth playing through.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

His complaint is not that there's nothing to do, his complaint is that the fixed timers mean someone logging in at the same time every day who wants to do world events is stuck doing the exact same events every time

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Raid group: my power is out

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

where the red fern gropes posted:

anet servers are laggy for some people so you may not have missed out anyway

yesterday was unplayably bad. entire raid team disconnecting during a fight

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

The ghost of Colin

I think you'll find the ghost of Colin would disconnect everyone from open world into a raid

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Scrapper (for real)

This. Take the meta raid/instance build and just tear out the Tools line for Scrapper. Pick the obvious survivability boosting traits (Recov Matrix, Rapid Regen, Adaptive Armour).

You don't even have to swap any skills. Take a purge or bulwark gyro if you're extra lazy.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Per boss: one guaranteed exotic per weekly kill, a chunk of xp that isn't worth it, some mag shards for exchanging into gear or cosmetics, a chance for those cosmetics to drop

Long-term: doing required tasks in each boss fight lights up portions of a collection leading you to legendary armour, which is stat-switchable and doesn't destroy old runes when you apply new ones

the fights are fun and adding raids to the game hasn't detracted from the incontinent drip feed of regular content so treat them as a fairly enjoyable extra

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Also it just occurred to me how many gems I'm going to buy tonight

the new 1% area has low gravity, unique music, all merchants including fractal merchants, and a direct gate to fractals. it's so much better than the old ones it's not even funny

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I can't wait for Aug 1 and Guild Wars 2: Plenty of Fish, the expansion in which the entire game turns into a dating sim with erotic asura raid bosses

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

you may or may not have missed it, but there are nine new Tyrian mastery insights

this makes getting a full set of core mastery points much easier

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Piss off Fucker

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

it's really funny that the way people confirmed the name was to put permutations of P o F in place of heartofthorns in gw2 website url until something happened

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

You won't ever get either of those so may as well give up now.

to be fair you'll never get anyone to read the OP but you still attempt to write it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

that launch date is a lot closer than i had expected

• Locked thread