Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Finally I have something someone wishes they had! It's how I feel whenever people post anything here.

same except sex life for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

"Mount Maelstrom:
Due to the weight of players, boxes surrounding the Golem Mark II have collapsed. Workers have carted their remnants away."

get hosed idlers

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Joust posted:

New strat is hit the boss then run away to idle.

actually you can't. they thought about that too

"Event participation can now time out due to inactivity. If you stop completing objectives in an event, you will eventually receive a message that you are no longer participating in that event, and you will not receive rewards when the event completes. If you begin participating again before the event ends, you will regain your previous participation level immediately."

get hosed taggers

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

gos

"The Mossman can no longer be kited into the water."

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

"Black Feather Wings Backpack and White Feather Wings Backpack owners can receive a free matching glider by equipping the backpack and talking to any map scout in Verdant Brink."

this game is becoming even more anime

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

the improvised weapon set is loving amazing

the sword is the bars of a broken window with the shards of glass still attached

the hammer is an anvil glued to a stick

the greatsword is a bunch of sawblades glued to a pole

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

the bow is a fishing rod

anet's art team taking the piss

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

God loving dammit you're killing me here

really smooth launch, almost everyone is playing instead of faffing about with connection issues

except you. you're not playing.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Fractals have changed. poo poo xp, drops are better. Arch diviner has better tells, two chanters on each arm replaced with single vet so must be done legit now. Swamp wisp timers have changed massively - start when wisps spawn and count down, then cycle wisps automatically. Ascalon frac has a red iris flower. Harpies in uncat frac have been repositioned for maximum player tears. Fire shaman in grawl frac is much harder to pin down now because of new defiance bar - can't pre-chill him, the chill just greys out and he moves at full speed.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Goon Squad world first autoloot and fractal masteries

fractal mastery unlocks a teleport to a special island in the fractal lobby, where you can buy things to make your pink rings even pinker. the upgrade itself is dirt cheap, and the special vendor also sells extractors for 24s so you don't have to gem store to get your poo poo out of your rings

mistlock singularities are things you can interact with in the fractals themselves. they grant a buff that gives you +5 AR and the next time you would go down it negates the down and gives you back 25% hp

Kessel fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 23, 2015

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The mastery points themselves are okay; it's the obscene amount of experience required to train masteries that isn't.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Lots of really fun stuff going on but MAN the grind is really really bad. Masteries take for loving ever.

The last tier for some of the Pact masteries is five million XP. Good luck with that now that dungeons are gone.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

reminder that you can unfuck your elite spec pvp thing:

quote:

Fixed a bug that prevented Adept and Master Elite Specialization achievements from completing in the Heart of the Mists. For characters who had their elite spec achievements broken, a “Specialization Achievement Repair” NPC has been added to the heart of the mists you can speak to who will repair the achievement.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Well keep in mind I haven't played it yet as I've been traveling, but solely based on everything posted in this thread I'm feeling like I'm hosed as a casual player. My only hope is that Anet reverses this stupid rear end poo poo.

it's the same GW2 experience you've always known. parts of it are really good and parts of it are really dumb poo poo

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Shazbawt/status/658092329962573824

quote:

Central Tyria Masteries were designed with older content in mind, how quickly you level and obtain those masteries is your choice.

that's Chris Cleary, for all you farmers

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

ShadowMar posted:

actually, is there a recent writeup about all the differences and stuff in the current chinese version besides no skulls, im curious

I wrote it up somewhere in the last thread but I'm not going to look for it

i'll just leave you with this tidbit: the playerbase calls it the mystic toilet in Mandarin too

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Basically I think if all MMOs let you do everything with one character a la FFXIV I'd be a much, much happier human being :(

I want to see this in a modern MMO but without FFXIV's server-destroying, bandwidth-clogging wonk rear end backend code

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I have all my scrapper traits unlocked from turning in my tournament tickets plus a single long evening of running around in WvW.

Seriously, if you're too lazy to do hero point challenges and want to kill other people instead, WvW is an insanely good way to get points.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

also this is a quote I collected from my first round of pvp as a scrapper:

off to a good start, I think

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

quote:

Several PvP build components have been removed in order to promote healthy gameplay:
Removed Minstrel Amulet. Anyone who has purchased this amulet will be refunded their gold.
Removed Rune of the Ogre.
Removed Rune of the Lich.
Removed Rune of the Pirate.

oh ho ho

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Raids and stuff coming mid-November! PvP League starting Dec 1! Wintersday Dec 15!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-road-ahead-for-2015/

quote:

As we continue to monitor Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ on live, we’ll keep pushing out bug fixes and polish and performance updates. We’ve reached a point where these will come bundled together in larger, less frequent updates as we prepare for the activation of additional expansion features. We’ll also be releasing limited balance updates to fix really key game-breaking issues. Once every quarter, we’ll release a new, major balance update to shake up the meta for the next quarter.

once again confirming that everyone should just move to PvE

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Apparently higher up fractals bosses have increased Toughness for some reason so Sinister becomes best for more than like 2 classes or whatever. RIP Zerk

Pretty much. From all the runs I've been doing, it's clear that toughness is scaled up a lot faster than vitality for mobs. Not bringing competent condition damage basically means your team will be there a lot longer than it needs to be.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Except fractals don't give good gold rewards either.

I'm curious if this is just because I have the mastery ground out, but fractals have been dropping a constant stream of trophies and T5/6 that sell for solid amounts of gold for me.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

While we're talking about condi duration, I wanted to answer a question someone asked me yesterday before I crashed for the night:

Condi duration is capped at 100%, yes, but Chemical Rounds (engineer pistol trait which extends all your pistol conditions by 50%) actually modifies the skills themselves. So the 50% extension doesn't count towards the 100% cap.

If you're thinking "well doesn't that make Chemical Rounds really good" then - you're right!

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

To be fair it reads as if the currency is used exclusively as a bad luck catch up mechanic to buy boss drops. Like Valor Points in WoW circa WotLK

Yes, it's a bog-standard bad luck insurance mechanic. Allowing players to accumulate the raid currency lets them purchase gear even if Colin doesn't smile down upon them.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

There is literally no way to balance the raid around the difference between pink and orange gear without having everything else matter more. Classes, builds, weapon types, everything.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Dreggon posted:

to be fair that cutscene is incredible in a really good way

It's a very good cutscene. Art team knows its poo poo.

Kessel fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 15, 2015

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

True. But with the likely cost associated with legendary armour, how often are you going to be switching stats that will make the runes a cost problem? I guess we won't really know until the full set is a thing. Do you think you'd switch stats often? Or every 6+ months?

This may or may not be how you play, but there are plenty of players who switch between gear stats all the time for legitimate reasons - for instance, you may want to play a hammer scrapper in PvE but a burn-based condi engineer in WvW because it's fun.

People were hoping legendary armour would remove the need to lug around more than one gear set. Given that runes and sigils can make or break a build, I don't think it's that unreasonable to ask for an easier, less idiotic way to swap those out when you swap gear stats.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The raid is actually really good. And wipes are almost always because people didn't pay attention to mechanics.

(i still wish anet would learn raid design from destiny though)

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

DnT is always entertaining. Remember when Wildstar's community manager called them out for phoning his personal number to beg for beta invites?

(and then the game turned out to be a turd anyway)

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Lyer posted:

Kes, you think the general goon kingdom will be able to do pick up runs within guild as the raids stand?

echoing cletus: no

The raids require people to actually pay attention during fights (impossible) and not use halfassed builds. Like, you don't need to bring minmax to the fight at all, but the typical builds posted in this thread starting with "i've been running nomad's and relying on field dispersion in inventions" isn't going to cut it

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Visidan posted:

You'll be able to take random people to the raid a few months from now after they nerf it to try to get more than 200 people to play it once a week.

after they change the liquid gold rewards to be John Smith popping out of the boss chest to pee on you in lieu of coin

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Visidan posted:

I have ~insider~ info that everything is on the back burner until raids are finished. Raids are considered the flagship of the expansion at ANET, it sounds insane but there you go.

a flagship feature with no tab in LFG, so all the raiders mix with all the people looking for a taxi

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Due to a family emergency, the two raids I promised I'd lead today will have to be postponed. Sorry.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Circle pylon right pylon right two more TWO MORE hey-o

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

the requirements for the legendary armour collection are so ridiculous that nobody who gets the armour will need it by that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Serious question: why is Nomad gear needed to tank the Vale Guardian?

• Locked thread