Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Xae posted:

The dumbest thing was that I swore I had like 500 points on my characters before I came back from the expansion. When I came back they all had 200.

Okay!
I checked all of my character and, regardless of what they had before, they all had 200 points or less.
Anet capped everyone :psyduck:

I'm really trying to not sound dramatic but I have a hard time playing a character to 80 and getting all the goodies then having to play them a ton more just to unlock the new spec. I was really hoping that I'd have one new spec to play in the expansion but instead I need to trudge through old zones to pick up points.
They really need to triple the population cap for the new zones. 150 is pitiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

whydirt posted:

Can you WvW to get HoT hero points or just ones from the core maps?

Yes you can. Like a bunch of people have said, it's a fast way to get them if you have a competent train.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Your Computer posted:

Tired of purple mesmers, I tried for some Symphony of the Night vibes:

Oh golly gosh I love this. The pants are Human cultural, right? I'm a salad gal and now I'm bummed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Your Computer posted:

New demon race is looking pretty slick.

(without wings edited in)

Speaking of pretty princesses, is there a list somewhere of the new equipment/armor that got added in the expansion? I was hoping it'd be like other MMOs with a whole boatload of new stuff to play dress-up with but it seems like there are only a couple of new things :(

loving boss.
I'm trying to do something similar with my salad Rev but I can't give up the stupid Vegeta hair. Are the gloves and boots Arah?

edit: Gloves are Draconic, duh.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've only dicked around in HoT as a Rev. Do their condition builds hold up? It's hard to tell with the enemies being overtuned last I played.
Sword/Mace is *really* fun but I'm worried that a Power (maybe Soldier) build with Staff/Hammer may be better.
Currently in Carrion gear because it is cheap and Sinister is a hassle. Dire may also be a choice but I don't know how much Rev benefits from toughness.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 28, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ItBurns posted:

I just came here to post about this after seeing people say it was good earlier tonight. I'm not getting it but maybe I'm not using the right build.

Mace can stack Might with 2 and 3 and the auto applies poison and torment. I have yet to fight a Champion in a small group so I can't tell how effective it is.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Digital_Jesus posted:

salvage-o-matic is kinda pointless since mystic salvos exist.

I disagree only because I tend to only play one character at a time so switching it around only happens once a month or so.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

rhoga posted:

So now that we have passed to a new anime world, how are the animes doing?

Still kawaii.

Still sugoi.

Still anime as hell.

Beautiful.

You are doing the Lord's work.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LemonAIDS posted:

I made a good 80g on buying coarse sand and selling glass mugs i crafted with them through jewelcrafting. Maybe on your server the price is still good for that? 9 coarse sand still nets 3g if you craft it to a mug on my server

There is one economy. All servers share the same market.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ExHumus posted:

We should all take a moment to reflect on how great is that we play an MMO where 30 minutes of server downtime is a serious event.

100% agree.
I had forgotten how many games that had 2 hours if downtime PER DAY.

Wow!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pre HP patch: There is no way I can get more than one elite with my play schedule.

Post HP patch: I could get a few in fairly easy but now I can't decide!

First. World. Problem.

That being said, the Guild halls are gorgeous and I'm finally getting good groups for HoT content. Herald may wait, Reaper calls to me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

the HP change is genuinely really great and i'm glad that anet caved to the ~filthy casuals~. it still takes a little bit of effort, but not that much depending on what you do.

It's 250 total, right?
My favorite classes have world completion or close to it so it's not going to be dreadful. Looking around, a level 80 could go get all the HP in Tyria without much of an issue. Jogging to the waypoints would be more annoying.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I always forget W3 unless I want to mindlessly level an alt. Now I guess I have reason to!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What?
I couldn't get out of WvW overflow today. Tons of people are doing it for easy HP.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

:shrug: all my dudes are at 80, some frome tomes and cooking, and I got 20 HP in like 30 minutes for running around.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mercurius posted:

Schpyder's point is that in those 30 minutes you could've done the ~7 or so easily soloable points in Verdant Brink and gotten 70 HP.

I see. Maybe it's my luck but I always got crushed in the new HPs but that was pre-patch.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Your Computer posted:

My Dragonhunter thinks this is Final Fantasy

You made a Good Outfit.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

N-N-NECRO POSTIN'!

In flight

Eschewing traditional Necromancer style, Kill Man is ready to summon the dead in style.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

I did yesterday with Merc, I just can't usually because they're at a crappy time for me and take too long, not your fault dude. I usually can play around 8pm pacific on weeknights, not earlier. Weekends are unpredictable, usually I can play in the afternoons. I agree, if I could reliably get on one of those trains I wouldn't have a problem. You guys are awesome for running those though!

I play later at night and would be up for running a train for you. I practiced the route a few times after I was show the way.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I hate to tell you guys this, I know it's a really unpopular opinion, but Reaper is my favorite class. By golly gosh it's neato.

Does anyone know if the Shambling Horrors from "Rise!" gain benefits from Death Magic traits?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey its me I'm dumb.
Haven't had a chance to log in since the patch, do I need to do anything to get the 64bit client or is everyone running it now?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thank you, my beautiful buttery baby.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Raskolnikov posted:

God I love this character.

Thank you!
Overall, he's my favorite for class and look. Once I have my elite items (sans collection weapons), I'm going to revisit all my characters.
The Reaper hood is neat but I can't seem to ever want to cover up their face.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mizuti posted:

I don't normally like the neon hair colors or the bat wings, but this character pulls it off gloriously.

You're making me blush :3:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ItBurns posted:

Condition rev is Not Good (TM) but it's PvE so whatever.

Sure it is. You just have to be on top of blasting your fields as often as possible and herding fools.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Fractals are now one island instead of three and fifteen minutes rather than fifty. I don't really think it's that surprising they nerfed the rewards. Disappointing, but not surprising.

I just did my first Fractal run in a long time. It was fast, easy enough and interesting.
It used to be a huge slog through enemies with a billion HP but I think I like them.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Solumin posted:

Quorum did a big post about his minion master reaper build:

Blood Magic is very good for keeping your minions alive. If this isn't an issue for you, swap it out for Spite and take every trait that procs on enemy health. Alternatively, Shroud traits are EXTREMELY useful for Reaper.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got one from a Fractal but I don't have the vendor unlocked, I think.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've decided to get every achievement for HoT and I'm already annoyed.
With the bad scripting and the players ability to break sequences inadvertently, it's taking a long time.

For example:
Torn From The Sky if you choose to make the turret, there is an achievement for having it survive the whole fight. Pretty basic.
The story makes the assumption that you don't have gliding yet so if you glide from the overlook rock to the camp, the game will spazz out and the engineer won't follow you to get scrap.
There is also a chance that he will start building right away, hammering with his pistol on the ground. You can go to the scrap sites and it will update as normal but he will never build anything.
Making the scripting dependant on the player and not Brahm was pretty dumb considering we can replay these at any time with new movement abilities.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Attention Thread:
Please share a good and great Condition Berserker build. I want an excuse to play my Warrior and Sword/Torch looks pretty boss.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mercurius posted:

I have no idea how good this is in practice but it has 100% bleed/burn duration and tons of bonus condi damage and you can use your primal bursts all the goddamn time (both sword and longbow barf out fire everywhere). Also, critting something with burning puts burning on everything around the thing you crit.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTnMdAVeglkCukCcigFoA7oJEASZKHhL3Q4t1Wb3tA-TRSCQBJ7JAYl1HCn5v4pPAA2AEQ1fU2pA4VKBfmyPCBsYNA-e

The downside is it uses Viper gear (expensive) and Nightmare runes (from Twilight Arbor dungeon tokens).

Hmmm. I cannot readily get Viper but I've toyed with the idea of going Dire to be a tank that makes your blood burn to death.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

Dragonhunter is making me want longbow skins now and my burning desire for shields is lessening, something is wrong with me.

Grab a Tribal Longbow for sweet purple feather action.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

Merc is definitely spot on but I think the frustrating part for a lot of casual players is how long that "playing" part takes. A lot of the people saying "it's no big deal just play a bit" are the ones with like 100+ mastery levels that I'm seeing everywhere now, I've been playing more than I ever have in like a year and a half in the game, and I'm at level 17, missing a lot of stuff. Just a bit frustrating from my angle. It's fine I'll get it eventually though.

Remember:
Those people have nothing more to their lives than poopsocking a dumb video game. I'm at 8, I think but I have a more than full time job and a GF (but she plays, too).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

I saw someone with like 110 mastery levels today, another with 133, and I just don't get it, how on earth do they have so many, how do you do that and also have a job/social life

You. Just. Don't.

I have a friend who is unemployed and WoW takes up 12 hours of every day. He's also a piece of poo poo and refuses to get a job. The same type of population plays GW2.
Once you know the *optimal* way to get XP, you can sink your whole day into repetition for sweet points.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Arus = Asura.
Makes U think.

I just died in Fallout 4 because I tried to glide. gently caress this game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Farg posted:

i'm interested in playing the pvp stuff in this game. what class is the best/most fun in pvp broadly speaking?

Don't ask this question because everyone has the one class they are good at and therefore is the best.

Just expiriment. You get rewarded for losing so go hog wild!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I made a real neat house in Fallout 4 and all it took was to go out and smash some raiders in the face with a flaming sledgehammer.

All aspects of the endeavor were fun.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Still no mage hat?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alteisen is a woman of many hats.
The problem is that every hat is a combination of screaming, crying and/or communing with the spirits of edgy 12 year-olds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

This thread might be worse than HoT now.

Nope, support won't change your account display name (like mine is Arus.1492) unless it's your email or your real life name.

Your name fits because you are an egotistical explorer backed by hundreds of racist murders.

Well... racist dentists but it still fits.

• Locked thread