Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Place your bets on the Halloween event being the same event as the last two year's due to dropping the same date as the expansion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Relatedly, :siren:GOON SQUAD:siren:, guild hall capture event will be 30m past reset on Sat. Oct. 24th Sun. Nov 1st. Makeup missions will then proceed after the event has completed.

edit cuz of the thing cletus said

Boy I sure am lucky I already took that Monday local time off to complete the big 4 day celebration of big horse race weekend

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
I sure hope I can talk to this bugged out guitar playing jerkfrog sometime soon, would be cool to actually advance the story past the part I've been stuck at for three days now, let's check the oforums and see when the fix is going in

quote:

These changes should be in tomorrow’s hotfix release (we just missed the window for today’s, unfortunately).
:monar: :buddwyerweildingquip: :monar:

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

xZAOx posted:

According to a random post I read on reddit, puzzles just give credit to the first 15. That seems to go along with what GS puzzle run #2 experienced.

That's loving stupid. Are big guilds just supposed to chain run missions constantly so that everyone gets their rewards now?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Wait if that's true then wouldn't that mean you can only get 15 people their rewards every half hour(assuming the puzzle counter has to run down before you can start the next round)? In that case wouldn't a guild need to collectively spend a over a full day's worth of time a week just to get everyone in a max size guild their puzzle commendations?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Man the lag these past few days has been terrible. Just what hell is going on?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Animazing

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Visidan posted:

Oh yeah tivac there's some kind of issue with the guild upgrade ui and guild panel ui opening both at the same time/within seconds of each other. It will crash the game 100% of the time everyone I've had test it has the same issue.

There's issues with opening just the guild upgrade ui by itself and god help you if you talk to the dedicated guild treasurer.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Dreggon posted:

somethings wrong with the thing that makes the guild server work which somehow slows down the rest of the game???

Sounds reasonable, the game is perfectly playable in small groups, situations where the information about which guild a player is in would be only slightly queried, but then at larger events where it would be queried quite a lot it all goes to poo poo or at least it does for me. Could be some error from the guild server somehow choking a connection and causing people to lag out

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Attestant posted:

Yeah, what the hell is there supposed to be to explore in the halls? There might be some fairly pretty bits, but it's all non-interactive, static map.

Obviously all teh good stuff is gated behind 'Further Exploration'

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Hey now, that's 10,000 contributions or 1/10th of the total needed towards pre-existing getting tore up cheev 'Thirst Slayer'

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

malhavok posted:

Wait, how do i get that tree?
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warming_Grawnk's_Heart
It's running this year as well

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Clintonlied Ratdied

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Anet does so much right when it comes to how guildwars runs, like 0 patching downtime, but they are the slowest modern game I've ever seen when it comes to bringing out patches and new content or just fixing old content.

So much that gets pushed back and back and back and 2+ months on the same raid wing.

A example of old content that's close to being perfect but is neglected off the top of my head, Sanctum Sprint is a amazing little minigame and mario kart racer, but whoever gets into first place stays there because the fake upgrade bombs are largely unavoidable on extremely narrow paths and way too strong by wiping all pickups and knocking back, probably also into a pit and back to the last checkpoint and whoever is in the lead is going to get tons of them.
If those fake upgrades didn't wipe your pickups and only knocked you down instead of knocking you backwards or had a smaller hitbox so you could jump over them easier the gamemode would be much improved.

Lightning Pull, or at least the guided version, is also mad hosed if you have latency issues and has been for over a year if not longer. Nothing better than being first and then being unable to even complete the race past a point due to travel abilities not working and causing you to fly over platforms.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Fair points, but they've only had like, one major update since HoT dropped. Like a bunch of other people said, the wings generate a bunch of revenue for not a lot of effort. More communications on the Raid wings would be nice, or some indication of when LS season 3 will start, or something. I guess it does kind of feel like the time before LS1 started on launch (granted the game was riddled with issues back then)

I'm kind of holding off on forming an opinion until the next major content patch. Be thankful we haven't had a Year of Siege of Orgrimmar(TM) :colbert:

I like all the new mapwide events v:shobon:v I think I spent like almost an entire week on HoT launch dicking around in VB without really exploring any more. Elite specs being overpowered was something i think everyone expected, I've never really done WvW in any organized capacity so I can't really comment on that, dungeons were never good (the fun way was bad and the good way was unfun)

we had 10 months of point of no return, close enough

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Is GW2 actually using your graphics card and not the internal GPU on your motherboard? That sometimes causes similar issues to what you have for some people with Nvidia cards when their settings get messed up

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

CLAM DOWN posted:

*slams fist into wall in furious anime rage*

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Anet should have kept Buttbot around, tweaked it to scale down a bit if the player count is a bit light, and added it into the world boss schedule

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

ItBurns posted:

what is wod

Warlords of Draenor, the most recently released World of Warcraft expansion

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Illuyankas posted:

First teq and guild missions in a long time (I've missed you crazy kooks) and sorry Bird, turns out you can idle just fine on that pad

You just glide right to the edge and walk on, real nice and easy. So when are you coming back?

(on an unrelated note, the heads up on the greatsaw price drop was real nice)

Noice, how much you end up paying for it?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Some new events and sets of cheevs for them setting up Living Story 3
http://dulfy.net/category/gw2/pre-lw3-events/

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Illuyankas posted:

I guess if you've lost your garrison in your home BL and you need bank access, Anet just expects you to leave WvW and your place in the queue* for it

good job

At least adding in the missing sets is great, popped collars galore

*if it's not popular there's no queue to lose your place in, genius

they expect you to use your large stack of amassed bank summon items or to gamble for/buy a bank access contract

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
You know who does undope things and let's people into Accounts they shouldn't be able to get into? Support
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Account-hacking-incident

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Serenade posted:

When was the last time GW2 was down like this? One thing I recall from GW1 is very very low down time.

also people I know are very smug that final fantasy 14 isn't down right now

the only other gw2 downtime i remember was when the currency wallet was added and the servers went down for a bit as part of the release but that was planned and not sudden so not quite the same thing

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
So how much new content(if any) do y'all think we'll see this year for the Halloween seasonal event? I'm taking the safe bet of none except for some insanely expensive recipes that no one in their right mind can complete without being filthy rich. I also won't be surprised if we get less Activities overall because one broke again and none of the ones that were broken in year previous were ever fixed.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
oh, at some point in the last week or two i must have capped out my daily/monthly cheev point pile and now if i want to get anywhere i actually have to do things, gently caress

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

malhavok posted:

Ok but how many total can you get? I have slightly over 5k from dailies.

15k total which includes dailies and any monthlies if did those from back when those were a thing

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Halloween had two years of of events but from then on they just got recycled and eventually they started coming back with less things to do and more craftables to encourage you to grind out stale content.
The first year(2012) had two instanced activites, Lunatic Inquisition and Reaper's Rumble, and a quest chain to make some book backpacks. Reaper's Rumble was only ever available to play in that year. There were doors that spawned events in all kinds of different parts of the world, they disappeared one year, dunno which
The second year didn't add any new activites but it had it's own story in place of the previous years quest chain and added new items
The Third year reused the second year's content but with some more new items
The Fourth and Fifth reused the first year and added some new items but removed Lunatic Inquisition and the Book Backpack quest chain

Wintersday has fared a bit better iirc, Tixx's workshop used to travel about but now it and all the wintersday stuff is all in DR, I don't think they ever really took anything away from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
How do you have loot drama when there's no way to roll need on anything?

• Locked thread