Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I would guess they added a way to enter it to get the achievement for getting the chest at the bottom. People burn Teq down so quickly these days, most people probably never see one of those whirlpools that would send you in there mid-fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

ijyt posted:

Does Living World Season 3 still have the 2 weeks to claim thing? Haven't played the game since the launch week of HoT (didn't have time then forgot). I've got a lot of catching up to do. Again. :sigh:

They are doing the whole sign in during the story to unlock it thing, but the episodes are going to 2-3 months apart this time around. So as long as you own HoT and sign in, you should be fine as you'll be waiting for it to catch up this time around.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Man, what happened to mag voice comm? I hopped on Teamspeak for WvW for the first time in forever and I think I could summarize the entire two hours as "Man, this is gay! Stack on me, stack on me! Empower, empower! Go left! Kill these faggots! Downed human being on the right, kill that fag! JQ's a bunch of ching chong ping pongs! loving fags using siege! A loving queue? Who's this no name commander? Tell that human being to go to a different map!"

I think the last time I did voice comm we used Mumble and making fun of transfers for using the names of the objectives instead of cardinal directions was the worst it got.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
oldsmeller?

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Trailer for LS3E2 "Rising Flames"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyKleU1C4Rk

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Destroyers, Karkas,
Dinosaurs, and fire wurms,
Skulls puking lava

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I tried searching for double skillless coward bitch build on metabattle, but no luck.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I proudly rep GOON 100% of the time I log in every few days when I remember to sign in to get my daily reward chest, then log back out, waiting for new content to drop.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Ascended-Vending-Changes

quote:

With the next release we will be making some changes to ascended vending in PvP and Fractals. Over the past year we introduced ways to obtain ascended gear via participation in either game mode thus allowing players to acquire gear by playing the game mode they chose. We implemented these vendors in a way that made sense for their perspective player base at the time. With the next release we are making two significant changes to these vendors to create one system that functions the same regardless of game mode.

First, each game mode will still use a specific currency unique to that mode as part of the price but the rest of the costs associated with purchasing the gear will be the same across the game modes. Having a unified system for acquiring ascended gear via vendors will give us more flexibility for adjustments, if they are needed, and it will give us the flexibility to potentially introduce this system in other game modes where appropriate.

Second, purchasing the ascended gear will now rely much more on player crafting. The cost for a piece of gear will now include a crafted token which shows a player’s mastery of the appropriate crafting discipline, the game mode specific currency, and raw gold. Ascended crafting is vital to sustaining a healthy economy and it is important that we keep that in place even when a player acquires ascended items via a vendor. For PvP, this will add a considerable cost to the acquisition of ascended gear. Please note that you will be able to buy gear with current prices until the update is live.

Ascended vending is not intended to be the optimal path for acquiring ascended gear, but rather a way for players to acquire the gear through time spent playing their preferred game mode. And while ascended vending now requires max level crafting, players that obtain ascended gear via vending will see a moderate discount in cost over traditional crafting.

TL;DR - Vendor ascended gear will now be game mode currency + gold + 500 skill crafted item. Buying vendor ascended should be cheaper than crafting it, but you need to be 500 in that piece of gear's crafting discipline.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
There was a bug where free to play accounts were getting the booster.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

cage-free egghead posted:

Good point about the character. But I guess I don't understand your last sentence, do you mean that I can join any guild despite what server people may be on, but WvW mode is server-dependent?

Yes. Your home server only determines your team in WvW. All PvE maps are shared and have players from all servers in the region (NA or EU) mixed together. It just spins up as many instances of a zone as it needs to accommodate the total number of players in the region that want to be in that zone. And guilds, communications, the trading post, etc. are also region based, not server based.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Looks like they're finally raising the cap on chef to 500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Trailer for Ep6 is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_VNG6N2evU

• Locked thread