Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.

Schpyder posted:

It's unfortunate that a few good traits got the axe in the new specializations system (fare thee well, elixir-infused bombs), but the overall increase in flexibility is well worth it, IMO.

Say "Feline Grace" three times in front of the mirror and you'll summon the ghosts of salty thieves past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

armor and weapons from the actual game instead of your wallet:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3px5h0/look_at_the_new_awesome_collections_including/

Bladed armor is amazingly over-the-top, Leystone armor looks awful, more meh glowy weapons.

e: I'm the skull mask with razor blades taped to the front

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

a-net continuing the proud tradition of ugly-rear end female armor that focuses entirely on the chest armor or lack thereof

What, you don't want your bare boobs out beneath some metal neck spikes?

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Kinger posted:

So I know that the answer here is probably "get gud" but I feel compelled to ask anyway - how the hell am I supposed to do things in the new zones without getting wrecked? The enemies do so much damage and while I can burn them down pretty quick (playing a Necro with a half unlocked Reaper spec), I have all the durability of wet tissue paper.

I've been dying a lot, which really isn't fun.

Should I bite the bullet and swap over to Knight or maybe Soldier gear?

I've been doing okay as half-done reaper running full zerker with the death shroud line for life force gen as well as death magic with minions to help distract and purge conditions. Make sure to drop your GS pulsing dark field, then pop into shroud as much as you can to tank / do good aoe damage / drop the big #5 stun on things.

Occasionally you just run into a cluster of overtuned event mobs and get blasted to downed state in one second, poo poo happens.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

The Auric basin guide is up now, too. This is a godsend for me since I spend way too long trying to get to most of the points only to get immediately killed by a champ :downs:

quote:

Mobs do need a tune up though, those frogs do WAY to much damage, I found a hero point with 3 veteran ones around, I got shot once in the air and lost half my health, also the Bristleback is awesome and insanely powerful, pls don't nerf it.
A single almost-instant shot from a normal tree frog does as much damage as the giant super-slow conal aoe from the mordrem guard hammer dudes

e: props to the sniper kick that does almost as much damage and knocks you down

Smith Comma John fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 26, 2015

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Turns out that the precursor collection quest ends up costing you almost as much money as buying it off the TP directly :geno:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3qe2cv/precursor_journey_complete_the_colossus_steps_and/
All of the work this person put into the extra steps ended up saving them ~80-90g out of ~750g. I think we can safely assume that prices on the required materials are going to spike up even more as people attempt this.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

This is no more or less doable in small increments than farming up gold for precursors previously; the huge number of mats you need are functionally the same as a huge gold sink given the existence of the trading post.

e: it's not functionally the same for me since it will drive up mat prices and I will be selling instead of attempting this

Smith Comma John fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

actually the oversized chicken would have critically pecked you for 20k damage twice and you would spend 5 minutes getting back from the nearest waypoint

• Locked thread