Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Acidian posted:

I noticed season 3 is starting in a few days. Is there anything I need to hurry and play before then, or does it not matter? I noticed that there is something in the shop called season 2 that is for sale, what does that entail?

Season 2 was basically the lead up to the HOT story...unless you're absolutely in love with the story, I'd just watch a youtube vid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

scarlet's invasion of LA was probably the best of both worlds, if not a bit grindy, but it was fairly fun the first few times around.

the funny thing is the LS2 eps could probably turned into mini dungeons, as they have some neat boss encounters

but I see what they're doing with the story, they want people to be able to experience it in solo que- oh wait raids have story now lol

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Generic Octopus posted:

There really isn't a compelling reason to not run as much damage as possible in PvE because the bulk of your mitigation should come from evades & weapon/utility skills. The really dangerous stuff will just kill you anyway.

this is absolutely true outside of raids, argument could be made for high level fractals with the heal/support spec, but you could get away (do amazingly well) with full zerker

meta for 3 years running

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

ItBurns posted:

I know this isn't going to be popular, but the new zone is cool and I had fun playing a video game.

yeah its fun, but the mobs sniping you from 10000 miles away gets pretty old

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Make 25 Twilights

ironically that would probably be the most profitable thing to do with em'

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

nickhimself posted:

What's the easiest and fastest way to gain XP? I need to train all of these foreign languages to access the mistward insignias, and I want them right now =[

Also, related to that: Last night my wife and I were in Itzel territory running around their canopy village. My game was playing over my speakers, hers through headphones. I don't have the Itzel language yet, but she does. For me, they're all babbling and making noises that just sound like baby nonsense. For her, they're actually saying stuff to each other in English. I know that's kind of expected given the language is unlockable and all, but that's pretty cool.

Do the meta events if you're taking about the heart of maguuma masteries. If you can get to dragon stand, pop an xp booster and have at it. DS is good for xp and carpal tunnel.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

ahaha the achievements for the new armor skin is the dumbest loving thing ive seen since vanilla wow

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

oh god what did they add

you basically just sit and wait for a boss to spawn, but it's not on an exact timer and there's a good chance the drat thing bugs out and never spawns at all, so you just sat there for quite some time for absolutely nothing

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Having to wait for a mob for 1-2 hours does put it out of reach for people like me, as much as the socksshitters like to gloat

Yup! We have a ton of Eu and oceanic players who I've never heard complain about lag either.

Also waci is hilarious

dude it's not even just you, the mobs spawn in very specific places and they don't stay alive for that long, so you are parked there twiddling your thumbs

im a sucker for particle effects, so I want it

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

if you're bored it's worth it, not like you have to shell out some cash for it right now. however if you really liked pretty princess, then the game is still lacking

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Mover posted:

Hey so I just got Jeweler to 400 without really looking into it b/c those slots seemed harder to fill at lvl 80, but can you not actually craft Ascended tier with that skill where every other crafting skill can?

Oddly, but not surprising, you cannot craft ascended jewelery. It's been rumored and some material datamined that eventually you can, but nothing has come out yet. Ascended jewelery is the easiest to get however, so you don't worry about it that much.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

maybe they should just make retaliation good

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

TeaJay posted:

I've been wanting to try out some condi build on my reaper since you guys have gushed about it so much. Usually I've just ran a GS well build. Is it gear-dependant for casual dungeons/fractals - as in, will they boo my rampager / berserker exotic gear off the stage or do you really need ascended viper?

You can roll with sinister is still do good and that's much easier to get than vipers. you could also roll with magi's because no one would be able to tell the difference

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

in retrospect the revenant wasn't exactly the best class ever and it really felt like they just wanted it to do things that were contrary to the average instead of actually making it all fit together well

HOT in a nutshell

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

skaazi is at the top of the fashion pyramid

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I wonder if we'll see less dynamic events because of the hearts, if so then lol

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Don't necessarily think that a better scoring method is a bad thing, but they needed to include reasons why you'd want to win i.e: rewards

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

apparently Colin is now with the Amazon studio, wonder what they're cooking up

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

from what I gather: still a gold sink, but requires less collection bullshit and more currency grinding

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

haha i can't believe most of the LS missions are literally "do these hearts"

although if it nets us more new zones in a reasonable manner, i guess i can't bitch about it too much.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

but that would dilute the raiding experience and devalue the hard work real raiders did when they cleared it

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

I don't even care, the latest living story update was fantastic (Ember Bay is amazing and for the first time in years I cared about the personal story steps) so please Anet feed us more of this

But to be fair, them straight up refusing to make new armors really kills the game for me.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

lmao haven't seen meltdowns in this thread since release, guess the games not dead

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

looks like all the actual artists went with colin to amazon

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

im surprised no one has posted a picture of a charr wearing the ears

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

i made another white human female but apparently no one gets mad at that anymore

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Did gw2 change something about its graphics? I'm getting massive frame rate dips yesterday and today.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

maybe anet making just making outfits for the last year was a good idea

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

Light armor should be a robe that transforms into a bikini in combat.

should just be a bikini that has a glow

e: several glows

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

i kind of feel option 1 is more representative of goons and keeps in tradition of the old flag

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Not sure how that's possible considering Real Thanksgiving™ was a few weeks ago!!

unfortunately poutine isn't a flag option, would have voted for that though

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

totes gonna rock bolt with that water shield

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Sekkira posted:

You're bad at story telling.

Nah, it's a great tragedy that's being told.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Xun posted:

I wonder if even Anet puts that much thought into the writing

Anet doesn't even put that much thought into game design

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

any estimated time line on the expansion? Also any leaks of new armor sets?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

i saw a lot of outfits, but no armors

At least there were some new weapon skins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

did they say or show gliding in the new zones? I just like jumping off of poo poo

• Locked thread