Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Corey Feldman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

CLAM DOWN posted:

This wouldn't have happened if Anet had a public test server.

Fixed it for you.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Orv posted:

Mecha Legs is the best trait in the worst tree.

Same.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Kind of wish they would add glider skins for all the backpacks. The ghoul backpack could extend its arms and flap, the blades and karka could spin like a helicopter, the winters day toy pack could fart snow flakes like a Santa jet pack.

A built the stupid Aetherblade backpack. At least let me fly with it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
When does the patch drop?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Schpyder posted:

It'd be kind of tough, 8 PM for you is 11 PM for me, and running the full train would take us close to 1 AM, when I get up at 6:30.

I'd be amenable to running a half train at 11 EST/8 PST, maybe doing VB one night and AB the next? I'd probably be up for doing that a couple times a week for west coast goons. Sound decent?

I don't normally get to play until 11 CDT. :emo:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Harrow posted:

I would, too, really.

I'll echo what others have said: I'm (mostly) fine with a decent portion of the cosmetic items being tied in one way or another to the gem store (costumes, weapon skins, and Black Lion Claim Ticket weapons), but having to also use a limited resource to use any of those cosmetics other than costumes is kind of lovely. I'd understand more if gem shop cosmetic items didn't require transmutation charges, but even then I'd be annoyed.

I'd even be willing to pay a subscription in exchange for, like, a certain amount of gems per month and unlimited transmutation.

I get 500 ZEN a month with my ST:O lifetime sub.
I haven't played in more than a year thanks to GW2. :eng99:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I've finished Scrapper, Chronomancer, and Herald. I think I like Scrapper best so far. I'm going to get my Necro to Reaper soon and maybe my Charrdian to Dragonhunter someday. I'm really bad at Guardian.
Berserker, Daredevil, Druid, and Tempest are getting a pass.
I understand Scrapper and kit swapping for survival. Drones play into being more mobile which is necessary in Maguuma.
Chronomancer is nice, but I haven't been able to get a handle on Alacrity or phantasm builds. I'm still used to clone shattering.
Herald seems boring. Turn on facets, poo poo out boons, auto attack.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Waci posted:

Chronomancer is great for shatters, and made shatter builds strong in PvE too. You get alacrity on shatters (and from your wells, which are all strong, and from your shield phantasms), together with either quickness (pvp) or regenerated phantasms (pve) on shatter. Congratulations, 4-illusion Mind Wrack every 7.2 seconds.

Does Alacrity make shatters recharge faster, too? I didn't realize.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Any fashion advice for my Sylvari Herald, Frond of Tindalos?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

mike12345 posted:

the shield doesn't flow with the rest (color- or shape-wise), that zephyr skin or whatever it's called is also a noob indicator (to me at least)

It reminds me of Glint. I hate most shield skins, to be honest.
Any suggestions for a shield that won't break the bank or cost gems?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Mastery question: does poison mastery help in the final story mission Mordremoth fight, where he poisons the whole platform? Because my glider didn't work half the time to get away. After my third slog, I said "gently caress this" and went to bed.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Can people still group up for the new story missions? I may end up begging for help in the last story mission, Dragon's Stand.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Yeah, it's exotic insignias you use to convert ascended armor (thankfully). It's still going to be kind of pricey, though, I think black diamonds are ~4g apiece right now.

Really?

Crap. I got a Black Diamond as a drop and stuck it on an accessory without looking at price because I liked the stat combo better than Ruby Orb.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

oxidation posted:

I'm seeing that I get scaled down a couple levels when I went to Queensdale (I'm a Norn). So hypothetically, doing every single 1-15 zone for all races would be a viable leveling plan? I'm not going to, but I noticed I was lagging behind the level recommendation for the Norn hearts. :(

Yes. Your level downscales, but the rewards are appropriate for your real level.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

kater posted:

I still can't believe there have already been 4 black lion weapon sets since HoT came out. $50 got you what, Chak, Auric, and the Plated line? And those sure as poo poo ain't as easy to get as just handing over more money.

"Economist"

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Disco Infiva posted:

Meet my musketeer warrior.

Warriors are the best, but ANET please make rifles more flexible.

Very nice Conquistador look.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Aesis posted:

I'm seeing handful Thieves without Daredevil spec or Engineers not using Hammer, but that's about it. Also sPvP is frustrating no matter what unless you play certain meta builds, due to balancing issues.

Yes and no. Warrior can play without Berserker spec (unless you want to utilize condition damage), but Warrior itself has almost zero competitiveness.

Get Scrapper, use Flamethrower.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Kenshin posted:

I stand by my rant about WTF were the developers who wrote and code-reviewed the ranking algorithms even loving thinking in light of this further information (ah ha ha I'm kidding myself about the code reviews aren't I?) and where the gently caress were the QAEs during this process. Actually, what TPM designed this? And why did their devs and QA not spot any of these loopholes?

Sounds like standard QA testing (test intended functionality using a script).
They need to add in some ideas from security testing and test for unintended functionality and emergent exploits, you know, like people who actually play the game.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Kenshin posted:

Standard QA testing for idiots or brand new QAEs, maybe. (I'm a professional QAE, literally sitting at my desk right now posting between testing software)

Real QAEs are supposed to question design decisions and, well, do exactly what you said in your second sentence. :)

I... I wish that happened here. :smith:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Vargs posted:

All current MMOs are bad, and I do not like this because I would much prefer them to be good.

Same.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Disco Infiva posted:

At least Scarlet didn't came back.

:wave:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Alteisen posted:

That's impressive, is that the only effect that can prevent the damage? Probably because then people would cheese it with signet of stone or endure pain.

I'm sure Anet will nerf it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

all they do in sfd is check your post history, which begs the question of how i got in, but as long as you don't come off as a weirdo or an rear end in a top hat or some poo poo there's no issue. non-goons can be repped by members already in the guild and all they have to do is make an account on the sfd forums mentioning as much + the rep goon should also post to corroborate with it.

Most of my posts are less than five sentences because I read the forums from my tablet. That was good enough for SFD.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
HoT has great sound design. All the new critters have unique noises, unique "voices." The chak, vinetooths, bristlebacks, even the hylek all have their own audio signature. They put thought into it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Isn't this tedious crap supposed to thwart botting (somehow)?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

AmericanGeeksta posted:

This is a dumb question, but for legendary collections and the old, pre-HoT legendaries, does the collection give you the precursor at the end and then you craft the legendary as normal, or do the collections result in the legendary itself?

It gets you the recipe for the precursor.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

learnincurve posted:

I'm getting the very distinct impression that hunters may suck and no one plays them end game, which is a bummer because I'm one of life's mmo hunters.

Ranger is great. It's super easy to not die as a Ranger, even without Druid. Plus, you can use a greatsword like your on Ritalin.
For generic PvE, I use greatsword / axe+warhorn. I swap out with longbow when I want to stand far away and still kill things.
I use Devourers as my pets because I like my pets to stay out of melee.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
You know who releases extensive new content on a reliable schedule? Star Trek: Online.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Amante posted:

If the next expansion isn't Cantha or Elona then they've really hosed up.

Let Palawa Joko show Zhaitan how to do undead with style?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Kenshin posted:

I've got a dragonhunter to pull through, so I'll be online at 9pm eastern this evening to see if it's happening. :)

I have a Berserker and a Tempest that I will probably never bother pulling through. I've fully unlocked all the other ones.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Toraen posted:

I meant the troll unguent thing as being less useful to a healing role. Healing Spring gets you a field to blast for even more healing and innately has condition removal + area regen (useful for building up CA), Glyph heals in an area and plants a seed with the trait (which has numerous benefits), and Heal as One has the shortest recharge and with the trait grants AoE regen. Unguent can remove 2 conditions from yourself only, if you trait it, and can't heal allies at all aside from the druid trait that creates an AoE heal off of any heal skill.

I can more easily use Troll Ungent while running away.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rand Brittain posted:

Also it uninstalled my scanner utility program without telling me it was doing that. What's even up with that?

It manages your drivers by default and will uninstall the ones you install and silently replace them. You can turn this feature off.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Schpyder posted:

:siren: ATTENTION GOONS (and other interested parties) :siren:

Starting this week I am proud to announce the launch of HP Train Tuesdays, aka Choo-Choo-Choosday! (thanks, Funmaster)

At 9PM EDT each Tuesday I'll be leading an HP train through Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, and part of the way into Tangled Depths, with the goal of hitting the 250 HP a brand-spanking-new tomed or boosted level 80 would need to fully unlock their elite spec. I'll be forming a squad 5-10 min before I start, so /sqjoin Fat Hobo around then, or message me in-game (Fat Hobo is probably my easiest alt name to remember).

The ONLY requirements for these trains are Glider Basics, although Updraft Use and Bouncing Mushrooms will be a big help in a lot of cases. Regardless, I'll be taking one of my mesmers each time, so I'll be providing portals past things that require exalted marks/ley line gliding/mushrooms. I also request that if you're going to come along on the trains, please haul your rear end across the Silverwastes and to the first Verdant Brink WP (Shipwreck Peak Waypoint) before I start setting up the train. It's fairly simple to get to, just take the Triforge Point WP in Brisban Wildlands and run north into the fort. There's a portal there to the Silverwastes. Run west along the south side of the map to Amber Sandfall, immediately past it to the west is a door in a rock face that has a portal at the back taking you into Verdant Brink and the Shipwreck Peak waypoint.

Again, this train is open to all comers: goons, dentists, whatever pubs want to tag along. The more the merrier! So bring that neglected alt that you just used the lv80 boost on get their elite spec unlocked!

PS: dragging an alt through an HP train is a GREAT way to get mastery XP, so bring as many XP boosting items as you can! The GH has a flat +10% bonus you can get at the tavern, a number of items offer unique XP boosts of +50% from kills, if you have Celebration boosts that's +100% from kills. Enchanted reward boosts and fine (yellow) XP boosts will give you +50% to ALL sources (absolutely killer when doing HP train, you get a lot from map areas and events). A decent amount of foods and utility boosts also offer 10-15% bonuses to kill XP. Lunar new year fireworks give you another +10% to all sources!

Is a Mastery Point train even possible?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I'm playing through the HoT story missions as a Daredevil. I'm actually trying to use staff most of the time and "physical" utility skills.
I won't say "it sucks" but I will say it is more difficult to play than Scrapper, Herald, Chronomancer, and Reaper are.
Is there a way to make Daredevil play like Daredevil and not be sub-par? Thief is much better as far as I can tell.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Brain In A Jar posted:

For Daredevil advice guy, remember that staff 4 can instantly blind an enemy, repeatedly, for basically free. Also the dash dodge gives you lots of fast movement and extra iframes, and you can use your elite to pop a whole break bar on your lonesome. Then use the punch one because it's cool

I started using staff 4 more last night because I realized I hardly need to use initiative for anything else. I was already using the punch elite.
I do pretty well one on one, but still struggle in groups fights.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Visidan posted:

2nd fight is a lil buggy, talked to a dev about it they're still working hard on it so keep whining it motivates them.

Dev also refused to comment on something xushin told us so this xushin news is 100% concrete and confirmed.

Crystal Desert, Expansion, September. It's happening

You've got a dev's ear?
Why boob armor?
Why butt capes?
Why trench coats?

Why, Anet? Why?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I played GW1 for three hours a night.
But.
I work a full time office job; sometimes I'm even on call. My wife has been on medical leave for two years and I'm her caregiver. Money is tight and I'd rather spend time with my wife than sit in front of a screen.
I try to play GW2 one hour a night. Sometimes I just skip it and read or watch TV or play with our cats.
I will never see ascended armor or weapons. I will never finish the Masteries. I will never have a Legendary anything. I will never "raid". I can't even afford to buy tons of gems and shortcut myself to cool.
It's still my favorite game. I still love it. HoT isn't what I wanted, but I appreciate what went in to it; I appreciate what they tried to do. I hope the living story brings more content for casuals like me who haven't given up on it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Fully unlocked Tempest.
It's so much better than plain Elemental.
I didn't care for Ele, but Tempest is effective and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I spent some time in Tangled Depths last night. Normally, I'm only there for the story steps.
I had no idea what to do. I was never close to events, the way points were always far from the action, and I died way too many times just trying to run to an event.
Verdant Brink and Auric Basin have logical schedules and the events are easy to find and participate in. Do you have to have an organized map with squads and commanders before Tangled Depths makes sense? I did the Rata Novus chain and helped some Nuoch raise some beetles. I never saw an indicator for another event. Map chat talked about another event but I couldn't find it.
I assume Dragon's Stand is even worse.

• Locked thread