Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Fart of Horns :marc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-reward-tracks/

quote:

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns will introduce Shards of Glory, a new tradable crafting material obtained through PvP. Because Shards of Glory are going to be a part of legendary crafting—which you’ll learn more about in the coming week—we’re updating all reward tracks with them. To accommodate this change, we’re replacing two of the four transmutation stones on each reward track with Shards of Glory.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Trogdos! posted:

From what we know, the specializations are going to be very hero point intensive. So if you stock up now, you don't need to farm them at launch to get your sweet engineer hammer or w/e. I 'm guessing he means that.

You can also do pvp for hero point scrolls.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

In the last beta, did anyone come up with a fun Scrapper build that didn't utilize the drones much? I didn't like any but the spinning one and it breaks my loving heart.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlUUhqrYnXwdLQ7FLsFFdwP8JPYIeiBgYHVFPBA-TJhHwADuAAAeAAj2fwYZAA

e:fb

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

So do you normally just go in with no AR and do level 9 (?) fractals until you have enough tokens for the AR infusions? Doing three in a row always seemed like such a big commitment, but I've got some ascended stuff from pvp chests and now that you can do them one at a time I'll probably try them.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Generic Octopus posted:

How it works right now: you have a Personal Reward Level that starts at 1 and goes up as you do fractals of your level or higher (so tagging along on higher level fractals is fine). The relics/pristine relics you get for completing fractals & fractal dailies will let you get oodles of AR via Versatile Simple Infusions from the fractal shop bot. It's so trivial that you can't even call it a barrier to entry; the only real limiting factor is how much armor/weapons/accessories you have to slot AR into.

The wiki is your friend, give it a quick read.

Cool. I've probably got 10-12 slots now that you can mystic forge things into having useful stats.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 posted:

There are two components I can mention right now, the rest you’ll have to wait until the 23rd to see:

Gyros should be a good bit more snappy when it comes to staying near you and are also going to experience some additional survivability.

Rocket Charge will have the leap play at start rather than finish (like other leaps) and isn’t going to be so erratic once you’ve closed to your target.

Hopefully it won't leap you off the edge of poo poo or three miles away from your target anymore.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

midnightclimax posted:

Yeah I noticed that, so I switched. Just mentioning Mesmer because watching people go for his illusions was frustrating to watch.

The other thing is that most people who want to actually pvp rather than just get their dailies done use the matchmaking queue anyway. Your best bet if you want to see people with a reasonable level of skill is probably to spectate one of the dueling servers. You could also just queue up for unranked and play a couple games. It's fun!

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Are the gyros effected by the new 95% untargeted damage reduction for minions?

It specifically mentions "things like engineer turrets" so I would assume that means gyros as well.

Did anyone use the stealth gyro in PvE? Do mobs target it? I see how it could be situationally useful in PvP or WvW (stealth stomps/resurrections), but that's about it.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

That fight is cool but, like everything in GW2, the boss has too much health and the gimmick gets old pretty fast. If they could do multiple short phases with gimmicks like that it would be p good though.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

PseudoFaux posted:

Didn't Anet say that Revs are disallowed from using anything but boosters for the first few months?

yeah, my uncle cletus who works for anet told me

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I got just enough hero points to unlock the scrapper line and the first minor and then started exploring. The new zones are really cool and scrapper is still amazing even with no traits, but it really does sap my desire to play the actual content since I have to run around with only two full lines. I guess I'll go back to pvp where I belong until they sort this poo poo out.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Azazell0 posted:

Thanks for the tips on Chronomancer, but now I'm even more confused. Both archetypes of the build work so well. I wish you could change on the fly, with GS/S+(shield? focus?) for the AoE type situations with lots of shatters and the S+S/P for when you want to put up phantasms and make single targets suffer. Or at least that's what I feel it's like.

I gotta experiment with ItBurns's the whole "top options from chrono line" suggestion some more. Lots of slow and crtit chance? Plenty of options on that traitline, I'm really positively surprised.

This is why I want saved builds so bad. No idea why they still haven't implemented them.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

It's pretty great and makes the game 100% less annoying on your hands. It can be kind of tricky if you use a class with a ton of manual ground target skills though (like Grenade Engineer) but there are some lock-on hotkeys that help.

There's no way to bind the "aoes follow target" option to a key, right? It's great unless you're fighting a big group of enemies or until you want to drop a helpful aoe at your feet or on a friend.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yeah I feel like they need a 'cast on yourself' modifier key or some other way of helping you target stuff very close to you without having to wobble the camera up and down.

There is actually, in the keybinds there's a hotkey to hold-toggle the 'lock AOE on target' on/off.

Oh, nice! A modifier key would be even better, but being able to toggle it on the fly is a p good start.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Priapus Unbound posted:

I felt really accomplished by soloing a group of four of those loving rear end in a top hat dagger/dagger shortbow hylek with the stuns and ridiculously powerful poison pool attack. At first I died a lot, now I don't, and I feel really good about how I've gotten better at the jungle!

While I do feel like a lot of the events are overturned, and some of the mob types are complete bullshit, I like that I actually have to play the game in order to not die. Most other (open world) pve content in the game is pretty brain dead and you can get by just spamming whatever.

vvv that's a good idea. I'll try it when I get home, thanks.

Hefty fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 27, 2015

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Your Computer posted:

New demon race is looking pretty slick.

(without wings edited in)

That's rad. I saw a heavy armor character with those wings that looked like a demon whatever warlock thing from WoW.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

malhavok posted:

The jetpack could be an actual jetpack.

I would pay the insane amount of gold for the molten jetpack in an instant if it shot flames and poo poo.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

treizebee posted:

You were so eager to tell us. :3:

For those at work :
The recap is fewer required hero points, refined adventure minigames, and fixed a setting that caused low player population in the new zones

These were my biggest complaints about the expansion by far. Good patch!

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I've accomplished nothing else in my life why would you take this from me anet you fuckersssssssss

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

nessin posted:

Except those loving frog assassins and the couple packs of 10+ mini-raptors I've seen.

I haven't had a problem with the mini raptors, but the bow and arrow frogs and the ones that do the revenant sword 3 thing can gently caress off. Everything else has been pretty okay, though I did switch to soldier armor with berserker accessories. Things still die just as fast.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

nessin posted:

Have you hit the large packs of mini raptors that are difficult to avoid? Off the top of my head there is a tunnel running south on the west centerish side of Auric basin that you have to run through or divert through the city to get around, but the tunnel has 15 or so mini-raptors. They shred you nearly instantly, I only got through by loading up on condition abilities and having them burn themselves out so I'd keep rallying after falling in the first couple seconds.

Yeah, but I was playing scrapper and hammer 5 > 3 > 2 is usually enough to kill all of them while taking almost no damage.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Finally finished. Thanks, Tivac!

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Ghostpilot posted:

Very nice, what are the other pieces? :aaa:

Thanks! The shoulders are stalwart, which anet has been saying they'll eventually make available again for a couple years now. Chest is from the glorious pvp track. The boots are from a level ~30 crafting set, I think. Most of the other options look like clown shoes on Norn.

My dye game is non-existent though. I'm only using abyss and midnight ice right now (or ever because I'm boring) so suggestions are welcome.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Sooooo, as far as I can tell target nearest ally and target next ally only target minions, minis, and maybe npcs. Is that a new bug or has it always been like that? I've never bothered to bind either before.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Rakeris posted:

Man ya'll making me want to level a necro now just for reaper.

Do it! Reaper is really fun.

I just power leveled a norn necro because I wanted a new look.

I went too goony with it though.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Harrow posted:

Come to think of it, we should've gotten masteries the same way we get hero points in Heart of Thorns.

There are actually mastery points you can find and commune with, but they don't unlock anything. Also, the fact that points are separate from the xp required to use them is confusing and unintuitive.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

AmericanGeeksta posted:

So I was watching Chaithh stream today, and he basically said that he never does PVE. So how does one never do PVE and still manage to pretty princess themselves?

Dungeon reward tracks, trading post, gem store.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Arus has become the God of the Arena through the discovery and use of the Arus Maneuver™ to vanquish his foes repeatedly upon their mere entry to the field of battle

Haha, yes! DH just does such insane burst right now. I fully expect it to get nerfed because it's 100 'nades level broken, but it's so so so fun while it lasts. Also, the healing on the F2 is out of control. It's like 80% of your hp with berserker amulet.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

There are also karma vendors in orr that sell exotic armor if you can be bothered to drag your rear end all the way out there. Between karma, dungeon tokens, laurels, and wvw badges most people that level normally have enough of the different currencies to piece together a full set.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

True Shot is totally going to get nerfed :(

The True Shot > Judge's Intervention combo is pretty rough, but as others have said you can dodge TS most of the time. The traps and the daze trait are a bigger issue imo.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's finding Revenant a little dull. I really want to like it, but I've tried a few builds and none of them really do it for me.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Generic Octopus posted:

So, still no pics of the legendary armor?

Is it this? because lmbo.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Generic Octopus posted:

Nah that's a mash of light armor.

Solumin posted:

Looks like the Trickster's armor with Carapace armor shoulders. Could be wrong about the boots though, and I'm not sure if there's even a helmet in the picture.

Whoops, you're right.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Also gently caress Chak holy poo poo.

Only good thing about chak is that dope claw hand focus skin.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Illuyankas posted:

I actually liked thinking about the mastery stuff in terms of levels, like how the level 1 ranks are two lots of the exp needed to level at 80 in the old system. How much attention did you pay to levelling up at 80 beforehand? That thing that happened 2/3rds of the time you did a dungeon, or at a Teq? Now instead of ten meaningless things for every 2.5 mil of exp you never bothered counting before, now you can do exactly the same stuff as before only now you get to fly a glider forever, which is nice.

This is a great argument for adding mastery experience things to the pvp rank up chests. Please, anet. Also give me a way to earn hero points in pvp, thanks.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Swapping your runes for different fights is a pretty min/max sperglord thing and there should definitely be a cost to it.

Is that really the only situation you can think of where being able to freely change all the stats on your gear but not your runes would be annoying?

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

wanna pet that pup.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I did Dragon's Stand for the first time tonight. It took ages and I had no idea what was going on most of the time.

We zerged through a bunch of random vet/champ mobs, then we flew back and forth between some platforms with a dragon in the background. I guess everyone in my group had ley line gliding because by the time I'd updrafted over to the next platform they'd finished with whatever and we're headed back. It must have gone well though because at some point there was a cutscene and the dragon died. Unless I missed it, we never actually punched the dragon directly. It somehow managed to be more tedious and less satisfying for me than Arah story.

People in this thread seem to like it other than it being overly long, but I can't figure out why.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

I read it as one bag slot and was excited. It'd be cool if it was a bag slot.

I wish I'd read this before I bought one. Maybe I can get customer service to give me a refund, because that's really loving ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I finished the pvp reward track for the last maguuma zone and I got a chak egg that I can apparently use to buy a weapon. Kind of hosed up that this reward track only gives you one weapon, but whatevs. So I go to buy this thing and oh actually they cost 3-5 eggs.

God drat it, Colin.

• Locked thread