Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Visidan posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:
Happy bday Arus.

:yotj::yotj::yotj::yotj::yotj::yotj::yotj::yotj:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWNTOdO3Fwc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

Trying to recreate my weird mesmer from when I played before.

I can't figure out what that face paint thing is. Any ideas? I don't think it's in the Makeover Kit.

Gemstore shop item, might be out of commission right now, dunno. They now even just change regular armor that's up there per season to make things special or some bullshit.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Kessel posted:

The leaker who's gotten everything right so far strikes again with info about the WvW overhaul:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3uznbc/major_wvw_overhaul_colin_j_ft_e/#s

This is the stupidest poo poo I've ever seen, which is perfectly inline for this expansion so probably real.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Brain In A Jar posted:

You can use it once on one scepter, and it will unlock the skin for you to use on any number of sceptres for the Low Low Price of 1 transmutation charge (only 150 gems for 3 in the Black Lion Store!)

edit: that's per subsequent sceptre, not every sceptre forever.

And you can buy those scepter skins very cheap on the trading post, so don't spend a transmute on them if you want to use them for another skin. Just buy another of those consumable skins.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I feel like Heart of Thorns is in the running for the dumbest purchase I've made all year.

Definitely thinking the same. Maybe the dumbest in a few years.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Visidan posted:

Also for some reason it bumped my fps up a bit, maybe these yellow icons are resource intensive or something.

Regular names are too for some reason, always have been.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I keep trying to princess my thief to match birdstaff but the neon blue bits are at war with my inclination towards neutral tones :saddowns:

My favourite armors are the ones I came up with trying to use pieces I hated. Give it a go! (most of the time it sucked though and those pieces deserve to be hated)

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Crafting is the worst thing to happen to video games.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Generic Octopus posted:

The SAB portal will be locked, unless you have a key crafted via scribe.

Such keys will of course be account-bound.

Soul.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Sair posted:

What hat is that?

Pirate Outfit.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

ExHumus posted:

Why does this poo poo always happen on WvWednesday?

They are trying to finish off the job HOT started and finally take the only good thing left in the game away from us. Wednesdays with SFD.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I think if you were already in when the login servers apparently shat themselves you can still play, but if not rip sucka

Nah was playing fine and then got kicked. So its just a crapshoot.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Jackard posted:

yea see If i wanted a copypasted feature list i'd read their website

where are the real deets? the expansion breakdown, the word on the street

Vargs posted:

replace the op with a jpg of a big turd, imo

you can update it with more turds as further patches are released

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Don is great.

and grats on the staff. Judging by guild chat over the past few days it wasn't exactly a fun experience and I happy for you that you don't have to do that garbage anymore.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 13, 2015

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

balloongate 2015 will never die

I upgraded it.

and made a sweet fountain

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 14, 2015

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Yo they just made placing poo poo in guild halls like a million times easier, so that fountain that took like an hour to make before now would take like 3 minutes. Its awesome.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I hope that includes deleting specific items rather than plopping your green circle on or near them and hoping for the best

Nah that still sucks poo poo, but at least the thing you are destroying to delete the small thing thats hosed up is much easier to build back.

Also sometimes when you place things there is a dumb green aoe circle blocking what it would look like, but I'm sure they will patch that away eventually. hopefully.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Cletus the patch changed the bee gems into the snowflake gems :saddowns:

e:

oof, that's not good.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Some upcoming changes for wvw

anet posted:

Objectives upgrades will no longer be automatic based on time. They will upgrade based on dolyaks that reach them. Smaller groups can now prevent an objective from upgrading by preventing dolyaks from reaching that objective.

Supply cost for all catapults are being reduced by ten supply. The layout of the Desert Borderlands map has increased the number of catapults required to take some objectives. We agree with your feedback that also increasing the cost of catapults pushed the balance too far towards defense so we are tuning that more towards offense.

Points per kill will be turned on and kept on. This is to more directly recognize the contribution that fighting other players adds to the success of the world.

The number of players who can rally off a single kill has been reduced from five to one.

Players will also no longer be able to revive defeated players while in combat. You still will be able to revive downed players while in combat. Both of these changes are designed to help fights resolve and to give smaller, more skilled groups a better chance against larger groups.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/World-vs-World-Holiday-Sneak-Peek

It's not much, but its something. Kinda.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 19, 2015

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
I like balloons.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Oof, the number of things you can have in your guild hall is really not that much. I hope they eventually up it because really we don't have very many areas decorated and 0 jumping puzzles this time around and still hit it. Someone did the math and we have like 800 things placed right now, wiki says limit should be 2000. Tivvvaaaac

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 27, 2015

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Ahahahahahaha what a wiener.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
It's boring as poo poo and takes for loving ever. The last part looks kinda nice I guess but that's kinda all there is. I've done it 3 times and pretty sure I'll never do it again now that basic guild hall objects don't need the ore from it. Thank loving god.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Dec 29, 2015

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Looks real good bud. Great use of human cultural legs.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Vargs posted:

My favorite part of guild wars two was always clicking 2000 times to get through a bunch of +10 luck essences

Right click.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Asurabutt 2.0

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

whoever did this is getting a promotion

Yo. :)

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 5, 2016

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
I think this is who designs armors for anet.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Late Unpleasantness posted:

I've finally discovered a new world beyond our mere mortal limitations. A world...of prog rock.

Did you find the floating random flamethrower? adds to the feel imo.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 6, 2016

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jan 7, 2016

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Jumping Puzzle night for SFD was

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Did I miss a hint lately that SAB is actually coming back?!

Just every once in a great while something gets datamined.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
At least with this new ugly rear end outfit I don't even want any part of it to be regular armor.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Kassad posted:

Is there really that much potential to break stuff? Most of the maps are pretty flat overall, aren't they?

I can already break out of about 90 percent of the maps without gliding, so this will probably just make it a bit easier unless they added some invisible walls here and there but it sounds like they didn't.

Also maps are prettier when you break out of them.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 13, 2016

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Alteisen posted:

It looks like a turd.

Was that intended?

It's HoT in it's purest form.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Also thanks mesmer for the awesome guild hall balloon puzzle! I beat it!

Awesome! I love seeing people finish the puzzles or even just attempt them. Gonna try to make a new one at least once a week.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Mesmer you're my favourite

• Locked thread