Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Different item same icon. It's bought from those weird guys that collect rare crafted items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I made a thing. I dunno what was worse, the eSports or the emptying of my T6/mystic coin reserves.

JK, it was the eSports. Thank god I never have to PvP again.

Just in time too. I'm gonna look gud saving Divinity's Reach.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

If engie gets a sword, and ele gets another loving off-hand...

Looks cool though. Is that the Garden of Sebohrin I see in the Vabbi map?! And bunnies! loving hype!

I feel bad for ANet though, this spoils a lot of their reveal plans. And by a lot, I mean pretty much everything.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Lol, ranger mechanic is no more pet. Sign me up.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Dual attunements and sword!

:gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

gently caress, I only have a month and a half to make Shining Blade for my future weaver. Gotta get to choppin.

Holosmith looks so much more fun to play than scrapper. Seems like it'll be a big mashup of engine, ele, and necro fightinf styles. My fingers are ready.

Iboga pets! Also lol at finally getting rid of ranger's reliance on AI. But seriously soulbeast sounds rad.

I don't care how deadeye works. They had me at thief rifle.

While not very flashy, spellbreaker is an interesting direction to go with warrior. Finally, heavy armor and daggers, together at last. Do they get them for both hands?

Not too crazy about scourge, but maybe once the details come out it'll look more attractive. If the summons are good, it could bring back the classic minion master necro. At least torch gives a good chance of getting reliable burn!

Renegade's shortbow skills look awesome, but the spec seems out of place thematically. Wish they could've tied it to Elona somehow. Smh at the erasure of Elonian culture.

Mirage. Not looking forward to playing against these if I ever do PvP again.

Firebrand. Ehhh? It's AoE heavy I guess.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Kiwi fruit quaggans

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ok scourge is starting to look a lot better than the preview vid would have you believe. F1 spawns shades from life force, and you have a bar of skills above your weapon skills for shade abilities. Micro ahoy!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Warriors get both main-hand and off-hand dagger. Spellbreaker is inspired by the GW1 domination mesmer!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Some deadeye info from WP:

Has ammo as a mechanic. He didn't really go into it, but seems like an additional resource when using rifle.

Skill 5 - go prone and stealth. Locked in place but can dodge. Get extra (huge) range on weapon skills and double projectile speed.
Skill 4 - nuke skill with very high damage. If it hits you can shadow step backwards.
Other skills rip boons.

F1 - becomes targeted Mark. Builds malice every second. Traits and skills interact with malice.

Gets cantrips.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Mirage

Doesn't move when dodging
More stealth based
Gets stealth skills like thief
More focus on clones, they get some cool looking damage skills (crazy barrage scepter skill that they all use at once)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Weaver info dump from WP stream. It looks like a loving blast and everything I've always wanted ele to be. Glad to see they're really pushing boundaries with the new specs.

Main mechanic: Dual Attuning
-Primary attunement determines your left two weapon skills, secondary determines the right two, and the third is a dual skill that combines both elements.
-Third skill is the same no matter which order you are attuned.
-Colored bar between weapon skillbar and attunement bar represents your composite attunement.
-Using attunement swap is like a queue. Your right attunement becomes whatever your left attunement was, and your left attunement becomes the new one. To attune to one attunement fully, you have to use the same one twice in a row.
-Attunement swapping is on a 3 second global cooldown.
-Dual attuning and single attuning are both encouraged with traits.
-Many skills/traits grant a barrier so you don't instadie as a melee ele. Barrier is a new mechanic that buffers your health total.
-Left attunement is considered your primary attunement for the purposes of traits, like passive heal or immunity to crit.

Sword skills
F1 - Chain that burns on the final strike
F2 - Leap and short fire field
F3 - Deals extra damage to burning enemies, also causes burn itself
W2 - Evade backwards, regenerate, and leave a water field
A2 - Shadowstep to a target, daze, and gain superspeed if you interrupt. Leap finisher

Dual skills

Sword
F/W - Double strike, apply burn and chill
W/A - Ranged chill attack that hits multiple targets

Staff
W/A - Moving hurricane that pulses heal and chill
A/E - Large piercing boulder that moves very fast and dazes. Long windup but big damage

Scepter
F/A - Piercing beam that deals large damage
F/E - Meteor that causes vulnerability and burning
W/A - Piercing projectile that chills
W/E - Multihit aoe attack that causes bleeding and vulnerability

Stances

Non-elites have 2 charges, which can be used successively on short cooldowns. Charges take longer to refresh.

Healing - Gives a buff that heals in an aoe when hitting enemies
Stone Resonance - Gain barrier periodically
Unravel - While active, forces you into one attunement
Twist of Fate - Stunbreak, evade, and gain superspeed
Primordial Stance - Damages and inflicts different conditions based on attunements. Fully attuning one element gives the same condition twice
Weave Self (elite) - Reduces attuning cd, gain bonuses for attuning. If you attune to every element before the stance ends, gain a powerful buff that combines each individual attunement's bonus, and you can end the stance to float nearby enemies

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Firebrand looked pretty lame from the preview video, but the tome mechanic actually sounds interesting and super flavorful. You gain pages by dealing damage, then activate a tome to bring up a new skill bar. Tome skills are chapters about Elonian heroes, and using a skill eats up a page.

Mantras are also cool. The final charge is stronger, and it's possible that charges replenish if you don't use them all up.

Looks like the found a good way to recycle the old tome elites.

• Locked thread