Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Your Computer posted:

But the glorious AoE and fancy flips! How can one be disappointed? Also, wouldn't it be cruel to hit dudes with your ravenbuddy? Not that I'm an expert, considering that

lmao the name display makes it look like the beginning of an angry online editorial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

wow there's a whole lotta new posts in here! this is going to get buried fast but goons, if you're not in a guild/have been inactive for 3+ weeks :siren:THIS IS FOR YOU:siren:

GOON officers posted:

Hello goons! With the advent of Heart of Thorns we've run up against a familiar problem: Guild space. Due to the 500 guild member limit in place in GW2, the popularity of the expansion, and the sheer amount of goon activity, GOON SQUAD once again has less than 20 available guild invites. I strongly recommend putting in your application now, rather than later.

If you are inactive for 31+ days you will be kicked to make room for new goons. If you are kicked, your spot is not reserved or guaranteed for you on your return. Remember to log in regularly. If you are going to be away for an extended period of time, ask an officer to change your guild rank to Traveling Goon so that you are not removed accidentally. If you are a member of Goon Squad that is not active within the guild's community, please consider relinquishing your space to a new or returning goon in need of a home.

When the member limit is reached, persons applying to GOON will be wait-listed. As guild members become inactive and are removed, invitations will be sent out to waiting goons as quickly as possible. They will be processed in the order in which they were received.

Thanks, and happy adventuring!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Tambaloneus posted:

You'd think if anything those big angel wings I see all the char with would work as a glider skin. As far as I can tell it's just a skin that uses the back item, like the angel wings.

The angel wings & the bat wings unlock associated glider skins :toot:

e: and the feathered ones look goofy as hell

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Heavy Lobster posted:

I can safely say that we vastly underestimated how difficult it would be to get the new hero challenges done.

lol

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Time to make a positive post! Chronomancer is hella fun and Chronophantasma/alacrity brings back shatter burst in a big way. That is great news for me because I loving love shatter mesmer.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:siren: ATTN: GOONS: GOON SQUAD IS NOW FULL. :siren:

Any members ticking over to 31+ days inactive will immediately be removed to make room for waitlisted goons.
Invitations will be sent out as soon as they are available, in the order in which applications were received.

If you are in Goon Squad and do not rep us I urge you to give your spot to new or returning goons that wish to be part of the guild's community.

Thank you!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-October-23-2015/5650168

Also I just found the best change in the game :allears:

quote:

Courtyard is no longer in unranked (or ranked) queue. Your options are “Conquest” or “Stronghold”.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

malhavok posted:

I feel bad for the people who will have to do hero points after the expansion rush.

Yeah, I'm going to have to haul my thief through the jungle to get her hero points before people stop doing them. Bleh.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The last two nights we have had goontrains running as many hero points as possible (thank you so much Monorang, Hlatun and Schpyder) and I can safely say that without a mass of helpful guildmates unlocking hero points loving sucks.

Even with a mass of helpful guildmates it was pretty brutal at times. I'm not sure it'll be possible a couple months from now.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Insert name here posted:

So are there more Pact Tyria mastery points than are needed? Because if not that means if I want to get 100% masteries for Pact Tyria I have to buy the rest of season 2 that I don't have. :nallears:

It takes 49 Tyrian points to max out all 3.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ItBurns posted:

It's real!

Time Marches On might be my favorite thing about the expansion right now (since I have already destroyed my three thousand ascended rings). Best minor trait in the game :allears:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Schpyder posted:

Also, Chronomancer owns owns owns.

not emptyquoting

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Alteisen posted:

Might be, my embr buds did it with like 8 people and the monsters you can summon with the powder and whistles

I expect the GOON hall expedition Friday is going to be an ENORMOUS clusterfuck but really, if it was anything else I'd be disappointed

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The only problem I have with action camera is sometimes it doesn't want to let me actually target whatever I'm attacking (necessary for phantasms) and occasionally even after I have my mob targeted it lags a little. So like, I'll target a dude, hit my button, and get the "you must have an enemy targeted" error anyway.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Liberatore posted:

Do you have autotarget enabled? I find it very useful for action camera. For instance, if I want to use Unrelenting Assault (which requires a target) on an enemy I'm not actually targeting, I just need to aim at said enemy and use the skill; it will temporarily lock on to that enemy and the skill will fire flawlessly. But it's not a hard lock, so you can aim at a different enemy and do the same thing, or aim elsewhere to lose target. If you need to keep a specific enemy targeted, you can do this and then press tab (with the default "next enemy" key binding) to lock on to that enemy.

Oh wow is that how autotarget works? I've never used it since as far as I knew the only function was forcing me to heartseek directly into a mob/player instead of bravely running away :saddowns:

Thanks!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Awesome! :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Liberatore posted:

That's how it works (kinda) if you don't use it with action camera. But with action camera it doesn't force a target unless your crosshair indicates you're aiming at an enemy.

Trip report: you're my fuckin hero, dude :buddy:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Does anybody here have Exalted Mastery 2 and also happen to be a Mesmer? I am missing one PoI in Auric Basin that I would like to get :buddy:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yay! But it's okay Happyactionfuntime just took care of it! Also, I 100%ed Auric Basin and got... literally nothing. :saddowns: Aren't they supposed to give out stuff for the gift of maguuma exploration or whatever?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

SlothBear posted:

If your character has world complete you get nothing for completing any zones. You should also be able to get stuff retroactively for karkaland/dry top/silverwastes but you don't get that either. I'm assuming it's a bug but you never know...

:lol:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Cobra-Commander posted:

I ran into some goons on a conquest map today, they may remember me, I had fun decimating you both over and over. It brought back memories from when Chosen Chaos use to decimate you guys on Lowca, and I really missed those days. If only I could take out my frustration on conando once more, god speed elitist jerks, god speed.

grats :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Schpyder is a treasure.

e: oh hey an entire new page, that was re: hero point trains

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I hope they fix fractal weapon collections soon. :( I have 15 and it thinks I only have 7. I don't want to buy the ones I don't have and have it manage to bug out even further...

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Do SSDs even affect GW2 loading times? I have all my games on SSDs and GW2 doesn't load as fast as the singleplayer ones do.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Kassad posted:

It would apparently be even slower on a normal hard drive.

welp :haw:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Four observations that may or may not help people:
  1. Experience boosters!!!! Love them, use them!!!! If you have a bunch of old boosters lying around, repackage them with boost enchantment powder into enchanted boosts. These let you pick which kind of booster you'd like to use. There are two kinds of xp booster: the old, cruddy kind that only gives +50% xp from kills, and the heroic one they added a little while back. The heroic boost gives +50% from all xp sources as well as a killstreak buff. If you use the CoF farm I mention below that killstreak is actually super good. These two boosters stack with each other, and the celebration/birthday booster further stacks with those. Additionally, if you have a pile of laurels in your wallet, you can buy boosters from the laurel guys functionally identical to the heroic xp booster (these stack with the old xp boost and the celebration boost but not the heroic one).

2. Tyrian masteries: If you're weird like me and like farming (rip Pavilion) the "CoF farm" that has been mentioned is insanely good xp. Grab 3 - 4 other people, head into CoF 1, and start mowing down the cats that spawn after the boulder hall. If you're using all of the above buffs, food, and a potion, they're worth nearly 2k xp per, and they spawn a dozen at a time. With everybody running around the braziers and barfing out AoE you get 100k xp every 10 - 15 seconds. To compare, a dungeon path gives 66k after the nerfs. Bring some friends and have a couple beers or smoke some weed, I actually had quite a bit of fun running around with Kes and Crono and Demaga flailing at cats. We maxed out all three Tyrian paths after... probably 10 hours total?

3. Tyrian masteries, again: You absolutely don't need to do the ridiculous stuff like buying all the cultural armor or owning all the fractal weapons (speaking of which fix my collection Anet argh). It takes 49 points to max out all the Tyrian lines, which sounds like a lot, but most of the veteran GW2 players in GOON logged in on launch day to 50+ points. Looking at it now, there are 61 points available in total, so even if you plan on maxing out all three lines there's wiggle room to pick and choose which ones you want to earn. If you have LS2 playing through the episodes gives a mastery point each, I think.

4. HoT masteries: Play the adventures!!! There are several in each of the first three zones and a bunch of them are really goddamn fun and pretty easy to get gold in. They reset daily, and the very first time you hit each respective rank (bronze, silver, gold) in each respective adventure you also get a huge xp bonus. Again, pop a heroic booster! That +50% makes a HUGE difference and the adventures are a great place to spend them. The wiki has all of their locations. Neither the wiki nor the in-game interface gives a very good explanation of what each adventure entails, so start it, run around a little to get a feel for what you're supposed to be doing, then give it a couple proper goes.

Personally, I aim for gold in: Beetle Feast, Wings of Gold, Drone Race, Salvage Pit (this one is SUPER easy, especially if you're the only one in there), Tendril Torchers, and the Ley-Line Run. I usually get silver in Sanctum Scramble, Floor Is Lava, and Bugs in the Branches. The other ones I haven't really bothered with. Skaazi likes Fallen Masks but that's locked behind Exalted 2 so I haven't really tried it. Getting gold in adventures is mainly figuring out the most efficient route with the most shortcuts possible, and once you get it once or twice it's usually pretty easy to replicate.

Anyway this is a lot of words I hope it helps somebody :toot:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

They're tricky. There are a bunch blending into the big vines lining the path beside the airship. If you like bug me today and I'll show you my route. :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The first books for the new legendaries aren't in game yet.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:rolleyes:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yeah what Arus said only wrt GOON. If it weren't for those dumb nerds I would have lost interest in this game years ago.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Maybe I'll bring my necro to the next HP train. I 100%ed all four zones on my chronomancer but map rewards are still bugged so I got bupkis :saddowns: I hope they fix it before the Nevermore collection goes live, I don't want to do that all again so soon.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Saki posted:

Well I rejoined the guild and bought HoT but they sent me a faulty serial code. 24 hours now with no response from support that isn't "Thanks for your e-mail". I have been owned.

the dev tracker, 10 minutes ago posted:

We did have a batch of bad codes generate last night.

Those impacted will get new codes via e-mail today. You may also contact support; but do keep in mind our billing team is very busy due to HoT and responses will take longer than usual.

I am looking into reports of bonus items not sending correctly.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I just tried Reaper for the first time (I didn't bother before bc the person I tend to play with had decided to main it). Holy jesus you all weren't kidding is there a :stare: / :fap: combination emote because now I feel like there needs to be.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

So I went to the reddit page for those motherfucking wings Kakapo linked in /g earlier and this comment made me chuckle

GW2 Goon Squad: now lore-friendly :patriot:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Both, however, are full, so if you pick one that gives another goon the chance to join the other :shobon:

And in answer to your question they are both very very active. ~120+ goons online per guild during peak hours.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Oh no! Get well soon Schpy's computer :ohdear:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Did you play thief before HoT? Mess around with Acro pre-nerf? General thief consensus (goon thieves at least) is that it's just nothing new or interesting for the class. It doesn't shake things up the way Reaper or Dragonhunter did, or give us any unique edge like Chronomancer has, and that's disappointing. But if you're having fun go hog wild man, absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

OzFactor posted:

Sure it's not Dragonhunter or Reaper, but those will get toned down, we all know it. And nothing is Chronomancer. But it's fun!

I'm not so sure about that. All of the elite specs but dd & tempest seem to be on the same level wrt damage/utility/survivability, and tempest still has base ele going for it. I think it's more likely dd will eventually get number buffs, like, a year down the line, not that that'll fix anything about it really.

• Locked thread