Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

It seems like a lot of people feel obligated to get all the masteries just because they're there, even though quite a few of them don't offer very much. With the exception of gliding, I don't care about most of the high-level Maguuma masteries because they wouldn't affect me all that much. The last two for Itzel and nuhoch lore seem unnecessary to me, and even the last two for exalted lore don't seem like that big of a deal unless I really want to complete a collection. So right there that's 4-6 masteries, or 53 mastery points I don't care when or if I get.

I do agree the exp requirement for some is a bit steep and I think it's pretty likely it will be reduced at some point. Personally, I'm more concerned about the number of mastery points I'll need to unlock all the stuff I want. Needing 8 points to get a champ bag or 12 to eat a mushroom seems excessive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

For the record, advanced gliding is loving awesome.

Yeah, that's one of the masteries I really want. All of the gliding stuff seems cool and each tier seems like it adds something valuable. A lot of the final tiers for the other ones seem kind of boring and not really worth the effort.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

If the mastery level wasn't visible under your name to all other players like some new sperglord dickwaving showoff thing, I don't think most people would care as much.

Have you seen other people being show offs or being rude to people about their mastery points? I haven't, but I don't actually notice other people's numbers unless they're ridiculously high. Making fun of someone for having less masteries makes about as much sense as making fun of them for being a lower level. There is no real reason to actually have the numbers be public though, especially if some people don't like it.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Yeah, the addition of all the leather is annoying. Ascended armor already took long enough. I wouldn't say it's "way, way harder" but it's definitely more time-consuming/expensive than it was before.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I'm pretty happy with the changes to Tangled depths. It would be nice if they actually fixed it for real, but I really only care about getting the chak eggs so I can get the weapons, not actually beating the gerent. Plus I also got some chak acid as an event reward, so now I can actually open caches without spending my measly amount of ley line crystals.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

So what exactly is the problem with the pvp league icons? A few people seemed pretty upset about it, but I don't get it. I barely even notice them in the first place. To me it just seems like an incredibly minor thing and that people just wanted to complain about something, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's ugly visual clutter and completely pointless to display in the PvE side of the game, that's literally the point multiple people have made. It's incredible how some have extrapolated beyond that.

In the post you made before you seemed to be concerned about "lower league scrubs" being made fun of or something, so I was wondering if people simply didn't like looking at it or if there was another reason beyond that. I don't really think I'm extrapolating by asking that. I mean honestly it still seems like a really minor thing to me, especially as like maybe 25% of people have one from what I've seen, but whatever. Only displaying it in pvp seems fair enough to me if people are bothered by it. For all the complaining you've been doing about people being dismissive towards your opinions, you're pretty good at doing the same thing to people who disagree with you.

• Locked thread