Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm happy to be part of a thread that contains sick classical mythology burns.

If I, a shameful nub, want to come do Guild Missions and stuff, should I basically just show up and do what the chat tells me? Is it that easy? I understand that I probably should get my waypoints first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Illuyankas posted:

Oh god I went to see what pics I'd posted in the old thread and I have 15 pages worth of posts

kill me

You cannot kill that which has no life. Sorry, goon, it's too late :ghost:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
What up Guild Goons. I thought I'd poke my head back in today, but it looks like actually I'll have to let the game patch while I go out instead :v:

I don't know if my guild membership in GOON is even still active, but that's okay. I just kinda wanted to check the state of the game.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Inzombiac posted:

EVERY SINGLE DAY I WAKE UP AND OPEN-PALM SLAM MY VHS COPY OF THE GUILD WARS 2 OP INTO THE VCR. I DO ALL THE MOVES ALONG WITH IT.

I can't remember the rest but I do read the OP every few months just in case.

I love this meme because it's like a book report.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE GUILD WARS 2 THREAD OP AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, CLAM DOWN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME PUBS OR EVEN WHEN I ASK TO JOIN A GUILD IN THE THREAD. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY REGISTERED FOR GOON SQUAD'S OFF-SITE FORUM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MAP CHAT AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN MAP CHAT CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO HONOR DEAR LEADER AND IMPROVE MY DENTAL FORTITUDE BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING LOADING SCREENS EVERY MORNING. THEN I RAID

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kazoo posted:

Who wants to die first?

Holy poo poo, it took me untl the third image to realize you weren't posting concept art :psyduck:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Help me decide, thread:

How worthwhile is the content before HoT? Should I take my time and do the dungeons?
In short, I'm trying to decide if I want to pop my "boost straight to 80" token on my main, who's a Level 45 Guardian, or save it for when I make a Thief or Mesmer alt later on.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

CLAM DOWN posted:

If it's your first character and first time through the game, I personally recommend not boosting to 80. Play through it, enjoy it! Then, when you're 80 and want an alt, use that boost.

That's how I was kinda leaning. I just wanted to kinda verify, haha. I liked the first dungeon well enough. I appreciate that GW makes it easy for me to swap quickly between dps and support builds.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Waci posted:

Oh boy do I have bad news for you

Well, you know. I mean equipping a staff and swapping out my "everything is on fire" traits to "everything is on fire and that heals your friends" traits.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

lucifirius posted:

Here's the link, https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/503j3c/stabilizing_matrices_and_insider_trading/, and I think flat out denying insider trading exists is delusional.

I think the question is, how much does it actually matter in a game where you can just buy gold with cash anyway? The "economy meta" is already built on a foundation stating that gold has nothing to do really with in-game time/effort when you're talking about large amounts.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
:staredog: So, do transmogs really not stick to the slot you put them on when you switch equipment? Because that's an evil move lol. Like, they're not expensive, but still. I like the Ebon Vanguard weapon skins a lot, especially since all the stuff I find on mobs and in chests still looks like discarded trash weapons.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Mover posted:

Also worth noting that the "end" reward of a track isn't necessarily the most valuable to you and the intermediate rewards vary significantly from track to track, so it's not like the time spent leveling to the end of a track is wasted.

On the various dungeon reward tracks, for instance, the final reward is a single piece of exotic dungeon armor with the unique skin etc. But along the way you get like 3 exotic dungeon weapons with selectable stats, periodic rewards of that dungeon's currency, and a bunch of tomes of experience and similar.

They're like, pretty good chunks of the dungeon's currency, too. If you start doing WvW early, you could easily have enough tokens for the whole set from one of the lower-level dungeons by the time you hit 80.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I don't give one single gently caress about sPvP, but WvW is like if WoW Battlegrounds were good, which is *chef kiss*

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

LiftAuff posted:

Underwater expansion news incoming this week. Hope y'all crafted your ascended breather and poking sticks. They'll be vital for the underwater raid wings that'll have the new legendary aqua breather as reward.

e: hoping for submarines in the borderlands powered by burning up Quaggan corpses

I hope there's a raid that's just one gigantic parody of Hunt For Red October.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Lonk posted:

Worth 150 gems.

:kimchi: he's so happy to see me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Adhesive Gamin posted:

As of tomorrow The No Cussing Club [DARN] will be running WvW trains all day in Edge of the Mists (a more inclusive map), hope to see you there!

Is this real? Because I am ready and willing to heck up some control points :v:

• Locked thread