Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
You get some unique recipes or something from the vendor, only when it is in certain locations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Go RV! posted:

If you want some easy levels, be a chef. Getting max will get you 10 levels.

Levleing a crafting profession to max nets you 7 levels; you will get 11 levels if you have an xp booster on.
Also, leveling cooking requires a guide because all the recipes are very obtuse and also requires having done a lot of exploration and unlocked a bunch of karma vendors so you can buy some of the untradeable items needed for the best recipes.
It is technically the cheapest crafting to level but requires a lot of work.

Protip: use a boster for character xp and a booster for crafting xp and you will need far less resources/money to level a crafting profession AND you will get more levels out of it.

For crafting level up guides use the guides located here, they are far more efficient and up to date than the guides that will appear at the top of google searches.

Erdricks posted:

Probably have more fun without HoT than with HoT.

HoT is a poopsock tragedy. Core game is not.

This is the weirdest case of "everything was better when i was young" i have seen in any MMO. I am starting to think it is a meme.
HoT is amazingly fun with huge sprawling maps with lots of stuff to do and secrets to find and you are really rewarded for exploring. The vanilla maps are all flat as a pancake and really loving boring. HoT is literally the only reason i fell in love with this game.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jun 26, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Holy poo poo does Star Citizen have its own convention? It has become a cult

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I think HP trains are kinda required. Some of those bosses are impossible to solo. I pity anyone getting into the game without a good guild. Even more for when/if those trains dry up in favor of newer content.

Not at all.

On my first character i had 250 HP's in 4ish hours, and every successive character got faster and faster. On my last few characters i got it done in about an hour. Experience in knowing what order to go in and which are easily soloable, easy to get help for etc helps, as well as masteries, but it is perfectly doable without a HP train on your first character; just do some research and ask in map chat. My playtimes are EU while i play on US realms and i never had problems finding people to do the difficult hero points with.

I did a HP train with pubbies on one of my characters and i found the experience unbearable. It took loving forever, we are talking several hours, because people would just not listen to instructions or DCd or fell off the edge or whatever. Most of those people wouldn't be able to find sand in Saraha.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Is there a list of all the various ascended items you can buy with LS3 zone specific currency? I haven't played since Ep.2 but am curious. Or perhaps they did not add more ascended items in the later zones?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Kessel posted:

you may or may not have missed it, but there are nine new Tyrian mastery insights

this makes getting a full set of core mastery points much easier

Specifically these

Gonna assume these are all super easy, "just go there", like the similar ones in HoT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

How in-depth has the information on the new specs been? Too early to tell their roles/playstyles/geartypes ?

Several of the new specs looks interesting though not really my type of playstyle. I have leveled all classes to 80 with elite specs and Condi Ranger with sb/axe-torch for soloing and druid for teamplay was my favorite, with auramancer in a good second place. E.g. lots of self sustain for solo play and supportive/healy type of builds for group.

I am also of the opinion that the elite specs added should be so good that everyone is going to be using them, they are the biggest selling point of the expansion so it would suck to play a class that gets a spec that is not good for the new content (e.g. spellbreaker being a pvp spec if that is true) so if the ranger spec doesn't make me stronger at soloing or supporting i am not sure i'll be getting the expansion.

• Locked thread