Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

malhavok posted:

They got rid of clone death builds? drat, that blows.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsaWnsICdohVoB2qBcrhFYDiMAX4llRY3PDNK3cJA-TZRHwAo2fYwhAAwJAQwTA4YZAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
manditory pvp? wow anet is really lookin to fuckin kill their game with this bullshit

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
literally can't comprehend not doing 6 hours of dungeons a day

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

LiftAuff posted:

So that is $400,000 that they could have used to fix other poo poo. I've got bad news for Anet but the esports ship has already sailed and it doesn't have GW2 on board.

guild wars 2 is already recognized by the prestigious ESL organization like fuckin forever ago. the esports ship has been sailing with gw2 on board for a while now

forkbucket posted:

Paging Lazy, gather your disciples for the big leagues.

none of yall including me are good enough which says more about my teaching than anything

Kessel posted:

and not more often

one of those balance patches will be made entirely of tooltip updates and icon changes

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
2 programmers and a janitor isn't going to fix whatever issue you have with this game either way

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

midnightclimax posted:

I spectated some spvp games today, and following a Mesmer around didn't really convince me to try it out. It was also funny seeeing people repeatedly jump to their deaths on Skyhammer, eventually I asked and it was because of dailies. Maybe one day, uh.

i think you spectated a daily server which are one of the saddest things in the game

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

quote:

Rules will be strict since there is so much money involved - No troll player/guild names (i.e. When Our Lips Touch)

Welp, looks like I'm banned from the pvp things. Also lol at using Yourfriendmarvin's guardian as an example name.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So i did my first sPVP match and realized that i sucked, trying to follow my team around and do stuff but man was getting destroyed.

so playing a warrior, changed my amulet to an amulet of ice, changed my signet to one with power/precision/toughness.

Using a sword main hand and axe off hand.

Pretty much was Pushing 2 for -50% movement, 4 for double attack and spins.

Changed my specializations to be strength/arms/discipline

Stomp/Charge/Toughness signet.

Anyone wanna give me some pointers for warrior pvp? felt like i was getting destroyed.

if you're in SFD, bug Lazy he is usually on the mumble a lot and he can do tutorin

I have no idea how newbie friendly the set up is but here's the yolo build I used to wrap up the title:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAneRjMdQVI2FCuhApIGICK9Lm+pwCgIYAwT4FWBA-TpBFwAMOEANOCA12fYxDAoaZAAnAAA

Just run around rushin everyone and going kill or be killed. The shield and stances to help when you're getting super focused.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
SFD if you have any interest at all in pvp, SFD if you're just into pve, Goon Squad if you're just into pve

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

malhavok posted:

My tempest just gets interrupted out of his overloads, i guess i should take stability on overload instead of regen/vigor on auras?

No

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Aesis posted:

afaik Inspiring Distortion and Blurred Inscriptions don't.

yeah they do

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Spvp is poo poo because there is only one boring as gently caress garbage game mode that gets played. gently caress conquest. I'd spvp if there was any variety at all.

:cawg:

Dukka posted:

you can unironically give a different korean company $30 for a better experience atm

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
you will never grow as a pro tier hots player if i do everything for you

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Zhulik posted:

Seriously, the only thing that keeps this game going is that it's such a convenient medium for disagreeing with arus about literally everything.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Magres posted:

Playing on Scrapper, what am I supposed to do about a Dragonhunter's death stack of traps? Like, trying to dodgeroll through it has netted me nothing but death and pain, and trying to block through it has had similar results. Like I tried to put up Hammer 4 and set them off and Dragon's Maw stuns me out of my block then crits me for 5k, then Precession crits me for another 10k. If I try to roll in and out I just get knocked over and die horrifically similarly.

Similarly, how does a DH not using the full heal signet consistently heal for 80-90% of their HP? I would jump this dude and blow him up for the vast majority of his HP then he would instantly be back to full health, spam all his traps, and I'd be dead.

E: I think the answer is deploy Bulwark Gyro just before rolling through, hopefully that finally helps because they've been giving me headaches

Don't dodge into the traps, use hammer 4 after triggering the traps, stay in place if you got hit with maw so you don't knock yourself out of block, avoid triggering the traps and just poke until you can set up a good burst, between your sustain and stealth gyro you should have full control over the tempo of the fight so just take it at your pace and keep calm

don't use bulwark gyro

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 18, 2016

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Don't ask me to play heroes and then avoid me :(

Miss you too just not this game at all

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
there's 3 game modes

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

CLAM DOWN posted:

This is one of many activities in life that I do not wish to do

I got you covered buddy. The conservative estimate according to Arus Lore is $2350 CAD. You're welcome.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

quote:

Infinite PvP Rank Progression

PvP Ranks are no longer capped at 80. This number will now increment on both the in-game HUD as well as the character-select screen.
Players will be retroactively awarded rank-ups for every time they’ve repeated rank 80.

For the 0 people who care, 238. I kinda stopped after the xpac came out.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

iluv posted:

i just picked up the free to play game and been messing around in spvp flailing as a staff elementalist. wondering if I should buy the game, I'm mostly just interested in spvp. are the goon guilds still active?

Power creep with the elite specs is real. Staff ele is going to fall off just due to the sheer damage output people have and the lack of mitigation you'll have to handle it. The game is active but the actual goon pvp centered players are few. As the guy who did play gw2 for the spvp, if you enjoy it go ahead it is going to more or less be what you've already played. I'm at 7554 spvp games played.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's.....it?

it's okay, they've just been focusing on developing Master X Master lately

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
do some spvp, and then follow that with more spvp. that's my advice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

DonVincenzo posted:

I miss you buddy. I miss the good old times.

i'm always in mumble and always lookin to play games with people, honeybun

but work killed my eu play time so miss ya too

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 10, 2017

• Locked thread