Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

bloodstone fen is filled with a lot of events in close proximity that are always firing off, so even if both maps give you good exp you're gonna level in much less time in bloodstone fen since it's not tied to a giant, map-wide event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i dunno if they plan to add a new class with this expansion. with the leaks you'd think something would have come up, if so.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Bieeardo posted:

Is this some sort of Mystic Toilet reference?

Zommoros is armed to the teeth with vials of blood, bottles of wine, and a truly horrifying case of hepatitis.

pretty sure it's a reference to jk rowling saying the same thing about harry potter

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

TeaJay posted:

Especially if you play a sylvari character your character arc with him during the core campaign is actually pretty good.

the problem there is that sylvari are only a single option out of a decent handful of them. the main story is kind of a sloppily hacked together mess

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Rakeris posted:

Is dragons stand still the best way to get exp for mastery levels?

bloodstone fen gives good exp and isn't as time-reliant as dragon's stand

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Inzombiac posted:

But neither let you tank Tyrian masteries. I hate that they are split.

yeah, it sucks, but at least fractals give good tyria exp

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

despite doing everything we can to suck at things we also manage to do incredibly well at the same time, which doesn't say a lot for other guilds

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it gets to a point where the game starts throwing exotic gear at you anyways, so it's not too hard to get a character geared up with that. it's basically the baseline for endgame equipment, with ascended being for those who do a lot of fractals. typically people will aim for things like ascended weapons first, and ascended accessories can be purchased outright from vendors.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

as dumb as these things look i feel like they might actually work for a guardian

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Baron Snow posted:

I forgot how profitable fractal daily runs are, even at babby levels. If you're poor, you should run some fractals.

i can definitely support this. fractals love to just throw a whole hell of a lot of crap at you and if you're looking to make some bank and/or get crafting materials it can set you up

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

where the red fern gropes posted:

asc weapon for only 60g sounds pretty cheap to me

yeah, that's actually kind of a steal

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for a first time character you really should just level normally to get a better feel for the flow of the game. unlike other mmos it doesn't take a limb or two to max one out, and you can save level boosts for fresh characters once you know more about what's going on.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

in my unprofessional opinion i get the feeling that it's not going to fare too well, because ncsoft doesn't really have a 'recognizable' stable of characters beyond a couple of vague exceptions

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

when the hell is the last living story chapter coming out

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

CLAM DOWN posted:

Post new gem store things

someone already made an album of the things, apparently

http://imgur.com/a/jOWhp

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

finally, good lord

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they know for a fact that if they raised the level then people would riot. they're absolutely never going to do that

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ultimately all the raids lead to is a good chance at ascended gear or things to get you on your way of making a set of incredibly ugly legendary armor

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the most important thing to note is that the only thing gated by raids is the legendary armor, so if someone never has the urge to do them then they're never going to really be missing out on anything important, because ascended is pretty much the highest anyone is ever realistically going to need for anything in the game.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Obligatum VII posted:

I know it won't happen, but some tiny sliver of me hopes for playable margonites because I always loved their design. Plus, their god has been dead for ages, if any of them are still around, they've had a lot of time to do some osul searching (and would be totally on board for killing all the human gods).

the margonites were such a well done design that it basically pushes the chance of that to 0% based on that alone

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm glad they're adding a fairly utilitarian-looking hammer this time

but for all we know it's going to morph like a transformer and turn into a 20 foot long drill lance that spews ghostly fire or some dumb poo poo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's a pretty decent chance of there being the actual expansion announcement happening at the end of this final chapter in the form of a cutscene, along with whatever else

dunno about a release date, though

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

even if we didn't already know for a fact, that announcement page is pretty blatant about the second expansion being around elona

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the latest zone is cool as hell, i gotta say. makes me look forward to what they have planned for the expansion.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

does anyone know if the newest living story mastery is even worth a poo poo. 7 mastery points is pretty steep

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i actually enjoy the general group of supporting characters the player has now because they at least have actual personality beyond whatever the gently caress the 'destiny's edge' fuckwits had

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

turns out that a god dedicated to killing and burning things is an rear end in a top hat. whodathunkit

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if it helps, gw2 is really nice about giving you materials and such for a wide variety of things just from doing anything at all. it all adds up over time and you'd be hard-pressed to find something in the game that doesn't benefit you in some way

except for erp, which only creates shame

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Inzombiac posted:

New expansion announcement tomorrow?

yeah, presumably we're getting the official name and...maybe a release date? they could definitely have an idea of a timeframe by now for all we know. at the very least i'm expecting them to have some kind of presentation displaying the various key things the new expansion is going to add.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we've known for the longest time that it's focusing on elona and the crystal desert, and guardians have pretty much been stated to be a retooling of paragons along with other things, so lmao

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/expansion

stream starts in like 5 minutes

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

path of fire confirmed

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lmao, unsurprisingly the leaks were 100% real

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress I'm late, tell them to hold on

it started like 10 minutes ago, bro

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

WHAT THE gently caress, THAT'S SO SOON

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also someone should get the thread title changed because the current one sucks

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Harrow posted:

If you want both, you'll need to buy both. That said, I think you'll probably only need to buy Heart of Thorns if you actually want to play Heart of Thorns, since there's no expansion-to-expansion progression.

I reserve the right to be wrong if it turns out you need gliding from HoT or something and they don't also give it to you pin Path of Fire, but I kinda doubt they'd do that.

i have a feeling that gliding is going to work like it does in the main world map: nice but not specifically necessary

they're making a point to sell the expansions as separate entities (with a small discount if buying both together) so i have doubts that anything actually important is going to require stuff from HoT specifically

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gandlethorpe posted:

Ok scourge is starting to look a lot better than the preview vid would have you believe. F1 spawns shades from life force, and you have a bar of skills above your weapon skills for shade abilities. Micro ahoy!

i'm incredibly excited to have an alternate way to use life force that isn't just 'turn into a billowy pile of gently caress with legs and hit things', i gotta say

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nessin posted:

Weird that Mesmer, Engineer, and Revenant didn't get a weapon announcement. I suppose Engineer's holoweapons may count but still seems kinda sucky considering I like Rev and Engi.

we know they have axe, sword and shortbow respectively so i feel the devs were more concerned w/ going over the changes to the class itself instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm kind of glad they didn't dump a bunch of resources into playable tengu or whatever which would have just been a model-swapped charr with yet another boring personal story

• Locked thread