Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Regret for posting many words on SA is the correct response, no matter what words there were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Oh god I went to see what pics I'd posted in the old thread and I have 15 pages worth of posts

kill me

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Well, it could be worse

Arus has 95 pages

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

OneEightHundred posted:

That depends how willing players are to fight each other on a jumping puzzle.

Oh boy!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

If they could make minigames where the glider controls like the plane in Diddy Kong Racing then we'd be talking

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Dorkopotamis posted:

This is insane. Dragon Hunters were already very powerful.

Will definitely be replacing my traps hunter for fun-times point holding in sPvP.

Ah, but as that one annoying guy kept saying in hotm during the weekend, one dodge and they've wasted a utility skill

And by kept saying I mean repeated approximately 18 times a second

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

You have to collect all the bird pieces to become a Tengu

all the drumsticks

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Amante posted:

Good time to be a PvPer

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

ItBurns posted:

im gay and embalmed

Twinkankhamun

e: mesmers are cool

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 13, 2015

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Attack on Faren

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Schpyder posted:

Rambling, incoherent, stream-of-consciousness 10-paragraph posts tend to come off as functionally identical to ranting diatribes most of the time, dude.

I didn't really see anything that bad about the layout, personally

disclaimer: am dumb enough to read threads in D&D

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

It makes us look like the butt of a joke :C

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Make the four beta character slots regular permanent ones tia

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

malhavok posted:

So that blog they posted today says "overcoming challenges in the jungle to unlock your elite specialization", which sorta implies hero points won't be the only way to unlock them right?

Challenges could also be 'more than one hero point'

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Kinda late on asking this but holy cow what is that hat? I've been wanting a headscarf kinda look for my guardian for a looong time.

It's a hairstyle for male norn combined with the scarf version of the Adventurer's Mantle. This is my norn ranger using the full mask version with a female norn hairstyle to have a similar but far more purple effect.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

It looks like if it ran into my asura mesmer I posted earlier, they'd mutually annihilate each other in an antimatter reaction

Let's do it in Rata Sum

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

At least I didn't retroactively screw myself by unlocking every traitline on all alts. Just by getting every skill.

While it's a shame I can't dick about with a half-traited herald from the get go, the '100% MC = half an elite spec wtf' guys in that thread are hilarious.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Schpyder posted:

Joke's on you, Colin says you need to have everything trained before you can start putting hero points into the elite spec! :downs:

Well crap, I guess I just misread it was just the traits finished first.

Really though, it's going to be 40 hero challenges to get all the trait and cosmetic stuff from scratch, but a lot less for just the traits. Assuming that datamined thing was still valid.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Xae posted:

We need 400 hero points to unlock the Elite Specs?

What is the fastest way to grind about 200 of them?

Do about 20 HoT challenges.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

If you don't like pve or wvw, you play pvp. So you get the traitline anyway. Why are you complaining?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

treizebee posted:

e : Btw, if it weren't for the RAGING VICTIMS like my lonesome self pointing out grindy crap like this, the original hero point change where you couldn't get enough points to unlock everything 1-80 would still be in the game.

a true american hero

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

That doesn't even make any sense!

He's an extremely eager shipwreck survivor's manservant, obviously. I mean, seriously.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Attestant posted:

Tomorrow is going to be agony at the office, and I don't have my resistance gear set up. :aaaaa:

I forgot to delete the alt on my 75% off EU account with the name I reserved for my salad rev before I went out today, now I can't use it til after the first day of HoT cause I have worked tomorrow first

god drat it

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

^Pigments, go ctrl+f for dye on the patch notes

flosofl posted:

I'm wondering if Anet has upped drops on dyes since you can salvage them now.

Maybe they made dyes able to drop again, after they restricted them in the wardrobe update.

It's taken me 45 minutes to get to a mere 100,000 files remaining and I haven't seen it moving faster that single digit kb/s in 20 of those, hooray

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Incidentally the activated Aegis duration is less than the dragonhunter F3 cooldown, so you can kiss goodbye to guardian screenshots being ruined forever

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Is Torn From The Sky bugged?
I went to got get salvage but there is nothing at the site.

Should be indicators showing it's south of the camp site, unless you mean you went to the marker and nothing happened. Also you let Laranthir down, you monster

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Had a lot of fun running around getting hero points with the torrid mass of goons tonight. Important note: tonics that can jump can also glide, though they do not show any wings. The large spider from the normal plastic spider tonic can jump. It works best if you have a kite with it, though the birthday blaster is also great.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

BobTheJanitor posted:

Also I get that masteries are a thing you have to unlock with points, but the game is not doing me any favors as far as explaining how they work. It tells me I have so many central Tyria points, presumably from old world completion stuff I did a year or two ago, but it doesn't tell me how to spend those points on anything. My old saved hero points gave me enough to get about halfway through my elite spec, which is neat I guess. I'm still kind of sad that ele got a boring rear end warhorn of all things.

You have a bar, that fills up with exp. Once it fills up, you can activate it with your mastery points. This lets you gain the bonus for that level of track. You can't use either without the other, and one is governed by map exploration and achievements, the other by cat genocide event and crafting experience.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Oh I didn't know the frog wasn't talking to some people

Guess your gliding wasn't stylish enough to get his attention :smuggo:

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Stereo posted:

I'm really enjoying levelling my thief but I don't get how you're supposed to stay in stealth for any length of time or keep going into it, I suppose that's something I'll get with more trait slots etc unlocked later?

Also, is there any point in a level 13 Thief doing EoTM or WvW of any kind? Or would I be more of a hinderance than a boon?

You can either get Shadow Refuse (not fixing that typo) for aoe stealth or use dagger/pistol and combo the leap of dagger 2 with the smoke field of pistol 5, or the blast finisher of shortbow 2 with that or whatever that smoke field utility is. What you can use short stealth periods for is manoeuvring behind dudes and giving them a backstabium enema, by which I mean hitting them very hard with the dagger stealth atttack.

As for wvw, you'll be killed easier than normal thieves without all the tools they have that you don't, but zerging with shortbow is pretty easy and Scorpion Wire will take any single enemy from threat to puddle if you drag them into the zerg. Or off walls.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Longbow owns, blendtec trap owns, giant blue jaws own, it owns

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Priapus Unbound posted:

Goon Squad Guild Hall Capture: So Nice We're Doing it Twice

Once we spread out, that was cake.

Best part was the titanic taunting toads travelling tight tunnels towards target 'tenders, thrashing thieves thoroughly. Also every other class I saw in that mob at first.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Don't worry, getting all the cultural skins is only about 770g total, piece of cake

Rakeris posted:

Anyone have a reaper? If so how are they, been thinking about making a necro to try it out.

Greatsword owns, 15k spammable critical lifesteal cleave owns, screaming zombies out of the ground owns, it owns

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Finished the storyline, last mission dragged a bit, although opening my Victor's Cache and not getting a vision crystal wasn't particularly great. Even if it was, despite the wording, RNG. Which it shouldn't be.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

If you tomed to 80 and then finished the prologue would that give you the exp to hit level 2 for a mastery track? Cause if it bugged out and filled that track, wouldn't that be something.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

goattrails posted:

Guess a marvel villain:

Mystique?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

As a Britgoon, I vote 30 mins, as that would be half an hour more sleep I could really do with

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Lonk posted:

This is some loving terrible Spider-man cosplay. Get good.

Your new mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make a JJ Jameson character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Play dragonhunter in pvp before they nerf it, hurry do it nowwwww

• Locked thread