Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Maxed out daredevil on my thief, got a new look

Reclaimed skins own btw

Staff is also pretty fun

I don't even care about effectiveness, it looks and feels great

Also I am a ghost now??

woooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

Presented with no comment

:nws: Ban this sick filth :nws:

glide with jumping tonics one day

you might just be pleasantly surprised

Also my salad rev since I missed the rev pics earlier

yeah it's the same as from the beta pics but this time I know what new skins I'm working towards to add to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

400-250 points up with goons, I go to help out on home and my connection dies, I check and it's just GW2, only it takes forever to get the security log in text code to arrive

Fffffuck I hope it doesn't start happening again

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I had to press F on the updrafts myself, and I'm fairly certain that the shield is for npcs only and does nothing for the player

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Petunias In The Mist

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

This probably won't be a factor for goons unless only a small number of us try it, but I did a rush with a mate's guild (9 people running) and it was the first time they'd done the quaggan one, so we only managed to get three through - however, they've changed it so that you don't get individual rewards unless you get 15 through, so it just fails and you get nothing. It's a little bit of a dick move.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Rakeris posted:

When we did it last night it "completed" but no one got any rewards so it seems to be broken atm anyhow.

We did puzzle twice cause 4/9 people got rewards the first time, and four more the next, and the ninth guy would rather leave it than make us do Langmar three times in a row.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Spent 25 minutes doing the Chak Killer achievement, last lurker walked into a wall and out of range of anything my rev could damage it with.

Why does Tangled Depths have to hurt me so

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

There are times I think that having a list of all the bugs they know about and are working on visible on the forum or somewhere, just a note saying "We know this bug exists, we're working on it, we can't give an ETA yet cause we want to make sure the fix won't break something else but we want you to know we're going to get it sorted as soon as possible" but I know that there is no amount of disclaimers that the entitled won't ignore to whine about

Also the PR aspect, now I think about it

Oh well

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

The only noob indicator worth a drat is if they haven't changed their pet's names from the default

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Waiting for bobblehead charr pics in that outfit

Schpyder posted:

:agreed:

Edit: I kinda want to take my second ranger and rename his pets a very slight misspelling of the default names just to gently caress with people. Or swap it with a default name of the same type but different species and see if anyone catches it.

My asura ranger has had a devourer pet called Juvenile Brown Bear since 2012, you occasionally get pubbies stopping midrun to turn and look a second time

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

In case you can't read the Raid Rewards in Guild Wars 2 article, let me quote the salient information here:

quote:

a new map currency

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Oh man, I got the Flameseeker Prophecies pre collection and the very first step for making the Chosen is to make a book called an Anthology of Villains, and take it with you to kill a bunch of bosses.

Except that it needs Weaponsmithing 350 to make, oh, and also Scribing 300. Which you require to make the 13 sheets of quality paper needed. Which so far don't even have an entry on the wiki beyond 'made by scribes somehow'. And are currently bugged to be accountbound, and a fix is still in progress. Basically I hope you didn't want to make a shield legendary!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Lean mastery gives you a greater endurance pool for gliding, and leaning forward reduces the rate you drop during forward motion, at the cost of more endurance lost. So basically you can either glide for longer, or glide shallowerer. That is a word now.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

The mistward chestpiece is also disappointingly grabby on female alts. Nothing else matches the leggings and my norn guard needs some better duds, drat it

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

That bank tab is generally ascended rings, which don't drop the salvaged items needed. Now, if it was stuff gained from salvaged fractal speargun skins, then you'd be onto something.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I actually liked thinking about the mastery stuff in terms of levels, like how the level 1 ranks are two lots of the exp needed to level at 80 in the old system. How much attention did you pay to levelling up at 80 beforehand? That thing that happened 2/3rds of the time you did a dungeon, or at a Teq? Now instead of ten meaningless things for every 2.5 mil of exp you never bothered counting before, now you can do exactly the same stuff as before only now you get to fly a glider forever, which is nice.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Rytlock got Herald in the mists, so logically he must have been running a lot of eotm trains for all those hero points

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

So, after busting out both blue and yellow EXP boosters, a celebration booster, 15% exp Halloween food, the cheapest utility buff for 10%, and the guild exp booster when it was 6%, I did a full Dragon's Stand meta chain while failing one event and not tagging a second, and got 45% of gliding 5 in about 75 minutes. That was definitely more than a little bit over a million exp. It'll probably work out to be about a third of leyline gliding each time, so if you can spare 90 minutes you should be able to be some real progress with the higher end ones.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

U.T. Raptor posted:

So are you just being contrarian for its own sake at this point or what?

It is possible to find both the meta builds created by the spergasaurs useful and extremely capable for game content, and also their gloating about being first to completing instances they worked on unlike everyone else completely backfiring hilarious

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

All the fingerpaint he could eat

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Alternatively, you pick pets based on what horrible puns you can name them

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I am 4 million exp (not a problem) and four mastery points (god drat it) from autoloot

Also I am even more sick of Southsun than before after completing the map about eighteen times, thankfully I only have two alts left

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Visidan posted:

Did you get anything cool.
All the superior sigils of grawl slaying I could eat

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Ebola Dog posted:

I want to make my berserker condition/burning focused. There were a couple of builds posted earlier in the thread but I can't find them again.

Going for sword/torch and longbow for weapons I think. Does anyone mind posting the builds again? Thanks.

I don't remember what the pro traits are, but it's something like arms/discipline/berserker for stuff on crit and better burst skills/recharge

Also cool and of note, zerker sword burst doesn't root you like the regular one does, as well as being ranged and hella burny

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Decided to take another couple screenshots of my charrdian, except it feels like something's a little off.

Can't quite decide what it is though.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

OzFactor posted:

This is rad, you look like a Space Pirate from Metroid Prime.
Oh poo poo, yeah, haha, that's completely unintended

President Ark posted:

what armor is this, it owns

It's Inquest (Crucible of Eternity dungeon) helm, Priory shoulders/gloves, Primeval (gem store/recent new account bonus set) chest/leggings, Vigil boots. The latter three pieces have a greater contrast than the former, so I have amenity and enameled sky respectively with pyre highlights cause I loving love gem store dyes goddamn

Also there is a very serious problem with that picture being of my charr guardian, and I'm going to actually ask you guys if you can guess! Closest to the right answer will win a prize!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Kajeesus posted:

Is the problem that he's a revenant/not using Juggs?

Yes! Charr who use staves and aren't rev/daredevils hold them in one hand horizontally, and I'm pretty sure I have a screenshot of my guard in that armour holding a staff in their usual pose somewhere back in the thread. PM me ingame for your prize!

I would also have accepted 'tried to pick a hairstyle for my charr rev and couldn't bring myself to not take the goku hair, so decided to make it themed to be an Anti-Illu' but that was less likely to be guessed.

hair game too strong

e:

Fortunately dragonhunters can get rid of aegis in towns for screenshots, making HoT Expansion of the Year

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

...OK so on testing this properly, while activating Shield of Courage makes the Aegis timer count down from about 25s with the refresh at 75s, it actually switches between 19 and 20 seconds remaining no matter what. So no, Anet didn't fix Aegis ruining screenshots, game is terrible, life is terrible, Christmas is ruined

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Just wait til it comes out that they're all run ragged trying to improve everything, so busy that they can't take, and you're all sat around making GBS threads all over their difficult endeavours. For shame, goons. For shame.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Pretty sure at least one is 'fail event to get npc his home back, then laugh at him'

Also I am still a fan of the 'wait until the colossus in cliffside fractal bows, then throw up' one as well

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Bird you haven't posted those whispers yet

You know the ones

birdmouth post the screens

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

All the wailing and gnashing of teeth is getting completely overblown. It's not perfect, but it's hardly the poisonous sludge of despair and misery and betrayal you're all making it out to be. The game isn't that bad, guys! Take a break if you're feeling down, it's not a subscription one and the problems you feel are there will probably be patched out by the time you feel like trying it out again.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Generic Octopus posted:

*unless you're the guild scribe.

Even then! NO MERCY

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What if you go into the fight without doing your personal story?

You get the best moment of the expansion.

"This won't end well... for you."

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Every day is his girthday

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Try waiting for the drawn gs idle animation to cycle to the part where he lifts it up, pats, it, then holds it out in front of him

For instance;

Also reaper lets you scream corpses out of the ground, which is something I wasn't expecting when they announced it

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

You can get the primal burst recharge to 3.5 seconds, which you will fill the bar on before that time runs out. The longbow burst is particularly nice for condition, especially in PVE, as 15k burn ticks are always pleasant to see pop out of a mob.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

if anime has taught us anything it's that fists are inherently superior to swords, and swords are for pussies who lack belief in their own strength

do you want to be a trunks? or a goku?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Generic Octopus posted:

I mean, goku blew up a planet and didn't kill freeza. Trunks used a sword and did kill freeza.

actually the planet blew up at frieza and didn't kill him, goku didn't punch him to death because he is a good and kind person who was just going to let him die in pieces when the blast wave hit him except it wasn't as good as his fists

also trunks couldn't kill an android with his sword and then he did with his fists later, so there

there might be other anime sword people out there but man who even watched a non dbz anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

oh thats cool i was hacked and all my characters are gone

WELP

Send a ticket in, maybe they can revert some activity on it or something? If not /w my user name ingame and I'll send you some gold to get started again

• Locked thread