Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Kajeesus posted:

So I've been more or less unable to play the game since some point in June, due to absolutely insane ping spikes. I figured it was an ISP issue or a patch issue, and just kind of forgot about GW2 for a while. It is still an issue, though, as you can see. I checked the forums, and apparently there have been a lot of latency issues, but the kind of people who complain on official forums are completely void of information, and there's been basically no response from ANet, either.

I ran several traceroutes, but all they seem to indicate is that my base latency almost entirely comes from a lovely Telia server in Sweden:

The single 400 ms spike was literally the worst lag spike in 30+ traceroutes.

Do any of you computer smart goons know what could be going on? It seems like nobody in the thread has been having this issue.

The only way I know of dealing with bad hubs when connecting to distant places was to run through a VPN/proxy so you can mess with the pathing. I'm not sure how euro ISP's work though; maybe you could call them and possibly get routed differently? The easiest method of a VPN fix now would probably be WTFAST, though I've heard both good and bad things about it. The "art" also looks like the guy drew everything in high school math class

Somewhat related, I also had issues with the downloading portion of gw2 (probably has no effect ingame), which I was able to resolve by following this:
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/93290408-Problems-Downloading-or-Patching

and GW2 has it's own traceroute tool which probably does the same thing as a cmd line via this:
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27698133-Connectivity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
So I take it full zerk gear is still "meta" or "best" or whatnot? I was really hoping they'd buff up other stats without turning it into a trinity, but so far I've only heard about zerk still being unbeatable. Gonna use commander's gear, but is zerk really that far above everything else? Am I gimping myself out of raids/fractals?

e: read the respones from a couple days ago. If I still want to not die in a couple hits or rely solely on dodge for survivability, is commander's a good mid-choice?

lewtt fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Oct 29, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Is GOON and SFD active, and do I still have to fudge around on offsite for my 3rd or so reinvite?

also how bad is the mc'legion population hit?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
i know the process, i was just hoping I could weasel around going and finding my offsite info again

but i can empathize on no one reading your nice and pretty OP

• Locked thread