Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there a build that actually uses torch? I mean I do as a berserker but I'm terrible at this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

UchihaHirou posted:

Man the new legendary is super disappointing and dumb looking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNeMFSPrI-c

Mesmer, in The Unknown Fractal, with the Candlestick.

And it seems to turn your footsteps into burning snowflakes?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

dad on the rag posted:

Somebody cut the brakes on the hype train!

I don't know, yeah it probably means a spring 18 launch but it also looks LS 4 comes 2-3 months after instead of a year.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I don't think so, the economy is kind of a weird state where buying the finished products are a little cheaper than buying the components.

Also if you going to turn Laurels into crafting materials to sell don't buy the highest tier, you want tier 4 since the volume will more than make up the for lower individual price.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Apparently during my time away from the game they changed how to get Gifts of Battle, is there anything worthwhile to spend all these Badges of Honor on now if I'm primarily a PVE player?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
God with leak pointing to Elona and the LS pointing killing gods, I'm really hoping to finally beat the poo poo out of Kormir. I'll even make a Koss on Koss backpiece to celebrate the occasion

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

KirbyKhan posted:

I dunno, I came back to my pre-order account with a bunch of bouncing chests and mail. I dropped out having a level 79 2 months after launch. I remember so little of that time other than cooking was oddly sensible while having a mango pie karma to cash exploit. Get rich or pie trying. So when I loaded up my account it felt like I had just won a lovely storage unit auction. I found linen level crafting components, and dry ingredients that, while technically still good, I'm probably not gonna touch.

There were a lot of boosters in my bank for some reason. I may have been amassing them in a dragon like hoard, or they just dropped like candy back then. Who knows, use em.

Those are probably birthday boosters. You get a little bonus every year on your characters birthday.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Avalerion posted:

GW2 bosses often have a thing where you need to figure out it's gimmick (throw shards to stun then damage etc) but then have do do it 6-7 more times, when it should just be 2-3 at most, or the gimmick itself should keep changing (like after the first time he puts up a shield so you have to hit him from behind).

Never did this feel more true to me than the other night when I tried killing the coalescence. Chasing the thing around the map for ten minutes only to fail in the end.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Harrow posted:

Oh hey, that actually sounds fun. I was afraid it was just a huge collection quest.

Nothing big, if you have most waypoints unlocked it should only take about an hour or two.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aleph Null posted:

Elementalists have attunements. Tempests have attunements.
Guardians have virtues. Dragonhunters have virtues.
Rangers have pets that they cannot disable. Druids have pets that they cannot disable.

And.
Mesmers have clones and phantasms. Chronomancers have clones and phantasms.
Warriors have adrenaline. Berzerkers have adrenaline.
Thiefs have iniative and steal. Daredevils have initiative and steal.
Revenants have legends and energy. Heralds have legends and energy.
Necromancers have life steal and minions. Reapers have life steal and minions.

Well, according to the leak at least, The new Ranger elite spec will remove the pet for a passive buff.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Inzombiac posted:

Be honest with me:
If I wanted to make the easiest legendary, what would it be and how much of my hair would I pull out?
I have 400+ gold just sitting around so I can seed this adventure but I sure as poo poo won't buy one outright.

You say that, but saving 2k in gold for one of the cheaper ones might actually be quicker and easier.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So far it seems so, if just because it saves a lot of time to do the three daily fractals at the highest tier you can to autocomplete the lower tiers as well. Plus there's kind of a snowball effect, I've gotten two additional pieces of ascended armor in the last week of doing the t2 dailies.

And then, if I get a armor box for a piece I already have I just choose a different weight for an alt so I don't have to spend anything to equip them with ascended armor.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

jokes posted:

Dope. So I can take my nightfall character to do the Prophecies campaign?

Yeah, though I think there a few missions you're locked out of, mainly pre-searing ones. For the trophy you really only need to the last 5-6 missions in Prophecies since the game considers you Ascended if you finish on if the other campaigns first.

There should be guides with what heroes to use and their optimal setups for easy mode through the campaigns. When I did it it only took a few hours of Jade Quarry to unlock all the skills you need. Though this was 6-7 years ago so the pvp might be a ghost town now.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blarfo posted:

I haven't touched this game in ages. Have they done anything that helps speed up getting mastery points for the new HoT subclass thingies?

Yeah, each of the new living story zones have 4 dailies that reward a chunk of Maguuma Mastery xp. The first one Bloodstone Fen also has an account wide perm 10/20/30% in zone xp buff you can buy, which is nice since it's an easy grind zone for mastery xp.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Erdricks posted:

Your assumptions are correct. I would buy all the LS3 content asap, not just the most recent chapter. I think the maps are fun/good, there is very rewarding zone-specific currencies to earn (albeit time gated) and the story content itself is notably better (not saying much).

Also, oakheart's reach (a mastery you can unlock with ep 5) is incredible. It's basically a batman style grapple that will attach to any surface within 2000 yards or so. Only works so far in the ep 5 map, but totally worth the effort.

Do you still need to enter the various HoT zones to unlock the masteries?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Fifteen of Many posted:

Semi-related, anyone else have a hard time parting with gold once you've massed some up? I'm sitting on several hundred gold and keep thinking "but you might need it later" any time I start to look at an expensive proposition like ascended crafting.

Maybe I'm just a big dumb idiot though!

Same, but I was able to convince myself that full ascended was a better long term investment

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Not really, you can't do the collections again so you have to craft the two pieces instead. I believe they're pretty expensive to do that.

Edit: yeah about 60g based on the stuff you can buy and then you need 30 fulgarite.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jun 17, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Atari teenager posted:

Are they gonna raise our character levels (rendering all our gears obsolete) with new expansion or just add Masteries like HoT did?

Judging from the leak, just masteries. There was a mastery for each of the different mounts. The mounts are also the likely subject of new PiC specific legendary

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Magres posted:

I'm pretty sure there was a dev Q&A where they were aiming for roughly the same amount of time between Ep5 and Ep6 as between Ep6 and the new expansion, so I'd guess October/November release for PoF. Also, this would be just in time for the holiday shopping season.

The most recent Q&A said that was the plan but they underestimated the time to put the expansion together and it would take longer than the regular time frame. If we see it this year it'll be late November- Mid December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Apparently it's also confirmed that the max level boost from PoF comes with an extra shared inventory slot.

• Locked thread