Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Attestant posted:

But are raids good for the game?

Y / N ?

everyone has RAIDS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I would bet on there being Hero Points acquirable somewhere in HoT and that being accounted for in the new trait line costs, actually. If the plan is to keep adding different prestige trait lines like this, they're going to have to keep adding new hero points to unlock them.

I'd say that and their new hang glider system seem like an interesting take on the whole perpetually expanding end game mmos need to do.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Have a hang glider star fox parody that ends with you having to fight a giant hologram of scarlet briar's head

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Adhesive Gamin posted:

If you miss out, don't worry, raid gear will eventually make you strong enough to solo the mission when claiming for your bank guilds.

What kind of scrub has a bank guild that doesn't already have its bank?

VVVV: all of those gifs own

brainSnakes fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 12, 2015

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Alright, I was on the fence, but you guys have convinced me.

Once the ability to craft specific precursors is in with HoT, i'm gonna go for Frenzy.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

AzureSkye posted:

Why do the collection when Rage (the precursor) has buy orders at 65g and sell orders at 80g? You'll spend that many many times over on the other parts of Frenzy.

Haha, holy poo poo I had no idea. making a legendary isn't a thing i've ever seriously considered doing so I hadn't bothered to check.

But i'm almost done making ascended gear so i'll need SOMETHING pointless to waste all my gold on soon!

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Oh my god I need the pumpkin hammer

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Was there a goon who said they wanted the Kraitkin precursor? One just dropped for me so I can sell it to you or something :downs:

You had me excited until I realized you were talking about the trident, bird.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Kerrrrrrr posted:

And some scrapper stuff too i guess
:swoon:

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Ever since I got the birthday blaster, i've been at a loss for why I even bother to keep max cooking on my toon.

The only reason I can come with is I think it's mildly funny to have max cooking on a Sylvari named Onion.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Tivac posted:

Oh looks like Action camera stuff snuck out, rad.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3p0wg5/guild_chat_livestream_notes_pro/

Action camera is pretty great!

Holy poo poo I want this :worship:

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So this unlocks in 5 hours? What's everyone going to be doing first

Whatever it takes to get a pumpkin hammer.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

the whole scrappers can rez allies with a drone thing doesn't seem to be working for me at all.

i'm sure people appreciate my staring blankly at their floundering corpse asses as monsters tear them apart though, so it's cool.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

it has never once procced for me, so i can't imagine the problem is it being on cooldown. i can get into melee range and regular rez folks, but the gyro ain't doing poo poo.

edit for a thought. i've been playing in action camera mode all day. i wonder if that's the problem. i'll test.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Doesn't function gyro.

Also my one complaint with scaling is how bad the hero point challenge monsters are if you happen across them alone. I wouldn't feel as down on Scrapper taking a while to unlock if I could actually make progress on unlocking it.

Like someone above said, everyone is spread really thin over the big zone, it makes this stuff feel like a wall.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

For Scrapper, function gyro is finnicky as gently caress, but I actually don't hate the other gyros so far. I was reading a lot of disappointment about them, but it really helps that they're a daze on self destruct. Just don't go about intending to keep them around for their whole lifespan.

The cleansing one in particular i'm getting some good mileage out of in verdant brink. conditions have always been a pain in the rear end for my engineer. Having a second healing turret type small party cleanse that pulls double duty as an aoe interrupt is actually pretty nice to have.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

hammer/flamethrower scrapper with action camera on is the most fun i've ever had in this game. hammer holds its own really well, so i'd say it feels like you have to swap less.

i'm just dicking around in the new zones though. the real test of its mettle will be spvp.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Impressed by this patch and excited to run around HoT a lot more now that my scrapper is finished. Well done Anet, believe in yourselves

A handsome scrapper above, too.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

ItBurns posted:

The weapons are ascended too, so I guess subtract ~50 gold from the cost.

Whoa, hold on now. I've suddenly gone from not caring to very interested. Where is the collection of poo poo I need for this in the achievements?

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Speaking as someone who's not fond of crafting in this game, and only needs one ascended weapon due to being an engineer, and has been waiting for a while for a single loving weapon box to drop with no luck,

:dance:

Looks like I got a new white whale to focus on even with scrapper completed! In your face, idiots who say they removed the grind!

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Oh fun, I was doing the crazy cocktower jumping puzzle, game crashed, now it's giving me errors trying to log back in.

Hope i'm not stuck in the mad kings realm for a year like that one rear end in a top hat npc keeps whining about!

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Cool, i'm back in.

So, now that i've realized the tower isn't a daily locked thing, i'm pretty good at it, and it's a fun easy way for me to farm empyreal fragments, i've got a question.

Is it worth selling my redundant halloween skins now, or hanging on to try and sell them for more money like half a year from now? i'm bad at auction house baron stuff.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Do we know exactly what day halloween ends in Tyria? I spent all of two seconds googling this and the answer wasn't my first search result, so i'm all out of ideas.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Are any of the new stat setups cool? I've been as happy with my assassin's gear on scrapper as I was power rifle, so I haven't really looked into them. I did find some book to let me craft minstrel chest pieces in some ship wreck pod, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Oh, very cool. Marauders is what i use in spvp and also what my trinket stuff is already statted as. I may have to look into that.

• Locked thread