Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

I just logged in and got the glider skin and wardrobe unlock. The wardrobe unlock was the 700g deathly shoulderpad skin, which is the cheapest of that particular set so it COULD be better, but not by much!

High point of tonight's free time was logging in.

Priapus Unbound fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

SFD has a new member guys

Now here's a character that can get people in LA riled up just by existing.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Are we posting asura heavies? A goon gave me lots of color advice for my dye job a couple days ago and I really like it.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Behold, the redditiest of all reddit posts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5ot2ep/sexy_guild_wars_2/

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

I've grown to appreciate most of HoT, especially after some of the map reward rebalancing.

I even enjoy the majority of the mobs now, even itzel shadowleapers. Still not a fan of mushrooms (gently caress chargers, and why must mushrooms in some areas explode after death while others of the same name do not) and the incredibly long aggro range on the mounted mordrem mobs and the pretty much everything ever about mordrem devastators, but overall fighting stuff in HoT maps is a lot more engaging and fun than most parts of the game. I really enjoy the non-stop stabbing and dodging action of working down a chak tunnel on my D/D thief. The increased mob density in HoT maps makes them really nice for just chilling to music and killing things nonstop.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Poniard posted:

blast from the past

This is a nice post! I'm the thief in the lower right with a hoodie.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Alteisen posted:

So more stupid poo poo that does nothing other than benefit the spergs.

It will also raise the value of mats used in ascended gear crafting, which is great for people who don't care about ascended gear who like to sell crap from salvaging while playing normally.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

If anyone needs mastery points or map completion in HoT zones, I really enjoy them all including Tangled Depths. I'll totally help you out. Look for Johnny Madhouse during North American evening time!

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Unnnnggghh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxEYyQHEBXc

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Jinh posted:

usually on Jinh Cyren and just made a sylvari named Canna Phasion to try a heavy armor class, ill be on a good chunk of the day today

that makes sense, i was recieving them while in the VIP area in divinities reach and that's not a big area to lose people in

side note I'm loving SFD so far but I still have no idea what's going on 90+% of the time in chat so i'm just completing personal story and stuff to catch up so i understand. Not trying to be antisocial or whatever, id like to try fractals (how do i start) and just finished gearing a thief in zerker exotics for entry level raiding with you all

If you're getting them in the VIP area of Divinity's Reach, you are most likely eavesdropping on RPers in the Ossan Quarter tavern to the north. That's a pretty frequently used area for RPers.

It can be fun to observe them in the wild. Don't scare them off, or we'll no longer have stuff like the asuran triplet abortion to talk about.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Cletus have you been logged in since gmissions? I found you idling in Southsun surrounded by pubbies that think you'll lead a karka-killing zerg. Also the bounty is by you for some reason.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Richard M Nixon posted:

OK so it's been forever since I played - I had 4 birthday packages in the mail waiting for me and I've forgotten everything. I suspect my gear is poo poo anyways.

Is metabattle.com up to date for picking builds? I'm a guardian and I want a build for loving around in WvW and another for playing through the game. I haven't done any living world stuff and I guess I have an expansion to play.

Should I buy the xpack ASAP so I can get the new subclass + whatever else it comes with? Does the deluxe whatever version ever go on sale or should I just grab it from anet?

I am poor as poo poo, thanks inflation.

As of today the price of the expansion is 30 bucks as the new standard. The next expansion is likely to come out (soon?) after the current living world season is over, and right now we're on episode 4/6 with the next episode dropping soon.

Hopefully that information informs your decision!

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

AnacondaHL posted:

Let some leaker's gaff be your gain
Legendary Armor animations, all types, races, genders
https://vimeo.com/215430230

Honestly those look pretty cool apart from the medium set being a perfectly nice pair of pants until you pull a weapon out.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

So, regarding selling at the TP: Do I want to just price match the current lowest seller? I'm not in a particular hurry, just getting rid of some stuff that I can't deposit anymore and it's annoying me in the inventory.

Matching lowest seller is usually best. If there's a noticeable gap between the lowest seller and next lowest seller I'll match that, but the market moves fast enough you don't need to worry about undercutting people at all.

As an example, the lowest sell order for ecto is often a couple silver below the actual bubble. Put your ecto on the bubble, (around 34 silver lately) and ignore it. You'll get the cash in twenty minutes at most.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

TeaJay posted:

Biggest issue with TD is that the layout is so confusing. When you leave the first outpost, you'll more than likely end up in various underground passages filled with deadly mushrooms and jam-packed with other monsters, hopelessly lost trying to find your way to Teku Nuhoch. It should've been easier to make it to a central hub like TN where you can use the wallows to travel all over the map.

This exists, though! The map is mainly a 5-spoked wheel, and it's easy to get to the center.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Linking my reddit post here because I don't want to go through formatting all of this again:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6cgzhl/spoilers_there_may_be_a_connection_between_the/

Yesterday I joined Saturday Raid Crew and made a realization.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Harrow posted:

However, I have to hear "Swift and steady" every 10 seconds. (I put up with that for the entirety of world completion so I guess I can do it again...)

You can turn off voice lines like that in options. I think it's labeled as 'chatter'.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

lucifirius posted:

Who's Tivac other than an ex-Anet employee?

He's this poster. He's always been very professional and I wish him luck on whatever he's doing next!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745583&userid=33775

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Check out this legendary spike drop timing!

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Magres posted:

Hell no, shove UTC down people's throats until they like it.

My fellow Americans,

Pacific is UTC-8 in winter, UTC-7 in summer
Mountain is UTC-7 in winter, UTC-6 in summer
Central is UTC-6 in winter, UTC-5 in summer
Eastern is UTC-5 in winter, UTC-4 in summer

Knowing your basic UTC conversion is considerate of non-Americans and now you don't have an excuse to not know it.

Isn't there an option to display UTC on your minimap?

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

BexGu posted:

I keep trying to come back to HoT but I really hate the first expansion area and the whole vertical feel (I can't get any where I want to). Does the later area/season story area get better or at least a bit easier to get around in?

VB has probably the most verticality, while Tangled Depths is often seen as the most confusing. Auric Basin and Dragon's Stand are both fairly simple maps. I'll happily guide you through TD if you would like a hand; you can look me up ingame as Khongorzul. I can help with any of the maps, really, but I am likely the goon who loves TD the most out of all goons.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

see, i liked TD as well, the whole lanes thing was neat and not that hard to navigate

however, i recently did another round of map completion on TD, and now i firmly believe the entire map can go gently caress itself

It does have a lot of map completion objectives in odd corners that require an intentional effort to get to. You can't really do map completion by running a big loop like you can in most maps. That can be frustrating.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

TeaJay posted:

TD Mushroom queen HP might be a good contender for the hardest HP in the game. It's fought in such a small area and the queen is a nasty opponent even for a bigger group.

All in all, the Mordrem are complete pushovers in comparison to the mushrooms (and raptors).

Yeah, I don't do purposely do that HP when I map complete TD. It's one of the ones I'll hit up if a group of pubbies are actively attacking it while I get the poi nearby, but I'll otherwise just use the wvw tokens to get credit for it and any other HPs that would have been inconvenient to get legitimately later.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

My stack of these is shrinking now that I'm doing wvw more. I've been making and selling about one legendary per week for a couple months now, but I'm definitely going to run out of karma soon so it's going to feel like too much work again soon enough. On the plus side, I think I will spring for a permanent hair contract!

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Adhesive Gamin posted:

If you're making and selling the things it's a simple matter of waiting on buy/sell orders and burning through karma, Gifts of Exploration and Battle, spirit shards, and dungeon tokens, which (some) people tend to have stocked up from playing over a long period of time.

Basically this. Every legendary you make can be sold for more than enough to pay for the raw gold components of the next legendary, so all the account bound stuff becomes your limiting factor. In my case, it's karma. If I were actually trying to make legendaries for myself I'd have been broke a long time ago. I have lots of gifts of exploration because for a while I would relax after work by completing a zone or two. That was a bad time for me; really I'm monetizing the products of my depressive funk of a couple years ago.

EDIT: I really can't recommend this site enough. You can generate an API key for your account on the GW2 site then use it here to perform various actions like generating a shopping list and set of crafting steps for legendaries.

https://gw2efficiency.com/

Priapus Unbound fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 3, 2017

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

I Am Frick posted:

Make sure you refresh this a couple times if you don't like the title and want a better title.

This thing must be hooked to a dictionary or something, the word list is truly astounding. I got Penes of Fleshiness.

EDIT: Pledge of Fetus

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

I feel a sense of completion!

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

ItBurns posted:

Congrats.

On that note, what are you spending your laurels on? I think I have ~1,000.

T6 mats, usually.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

The footsteps are neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

This is an unironically good reddit post with some great fashion inspiration:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6ourlr/it_took_me_4_years_but_i_finally_achieved_my/

• Locked thread