Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Kessel posted:

turning in my tournament tickets

Bought thimbles?

Completely forgot the historian sold those.

whydirt posted:

Can you WvW to get HoT hero points or just ones from the core maps?

There are two items to buy from the WvW notary.
Heroics and Maguuma Heroics. The latter unlocks HoT hero points and cost 10 proofs. The former is for central Tyria and costs 1 proof.

I think the growing consensus is to buy the Maguuma Heroic since the overall cost is the same, but you can avoid having to find a train for the challenges.

treizebee fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

There is actually, in the keybinds there's a hotkey to hold-toggle the 'lock AOE on target' on/off.

You are blessed.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

quote:

The Heroic Notary and Notarized Scrolls have been disabled temporarily to deal with an exploit. We’ll enable them again as soon as we fix the issue.

Posted late last night by their security lead.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Everything is fluid. Your damage will change on the fly based on whatever buffs and debuffs your character has on every pulse.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Foo!

Or is that a sneak peak of a yet to be posted article?

e : lol, blessed you are the best Tivac.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
You were so eager to tell us. :3:

For those at work :
The recap is fewer required hero points, refined adventure minigames, and fixed a setting that caused low player population in the new zones

quote:

Heads Up! Iteration Incoming
by Colin Johanson on October 27, 2015

Hey, folks,
It’s been about five days since the launch of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™, and it’s been a really exciting time for all of us at ArenaNet and for the game. We’ve had an incredibly smooth launch with very few major game issues, despite the huge surge of players back into Guild Wars 2 to play all of the new content and features of the expansion! This will go down as the smoothest launch we’ve had in the history of the Guild Wars® franchise.

Because we’ve been able to get through this smooth launch so quickly, we’re able to rapidly move to our favorite part of the live experience at ArenaNet: the chance to iterate on feedback and make the things we’ve shipped even better. This is a huge part of how we work as a company. We might not always get every detail right the first time—I’m not sure you can when you try to innovate—but we do always try to do what’s best for the game and our players through iteration. To that end, we’ll be making some changes in an update today that will address some of the things that have come up as players have dug into Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.

We’ve had a lot of really positive reactions to our new take on endgame progression with our Mastery system. However, we’ve received some feedback on our elite specialization system, the rate at which elite specializations are unlocked, and how that ties in with the Mastery system.

When we ran our beta events for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, we allowed everyone to instantly access fully unlocked elite specializations with all their skills and abilities so we could get balance and gameplay feedback on them. We’d also always said you’d need to unlock your elite specialization, but we were never explicit on the details of how characters do this and the hero-point costs associated. We always viewed the elite specialization as one of the major rewards in expansion—but between the betas and lack of unlock info, we didn’t do a great job properly aligning expectations on how your elite specialization is earned. This left some players in a position where they expected to have their elite specialization very early on (or immediately!) in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns. Our goal was always to have elite specializations as a part of character progression, but it’s clear that a segment of our players was so excited about the elite specialization system and abilities that they really wanted to experience most of the expansion with them unlocked.

We’re going to update the elite specialization unlock to find a better middle ground by reducing the cost of unlocking every possible ability for an elite specialization from 400 hero points to 250 hero points total. This means you will be able to access them much earlier in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns PvE or World vs. World and fully unlock them much earlier as well. This also means you’ll be able to experience more of the expansion story as your elite specialization earlier on while still maintaining some of our core goal. This should also help players with lots of alts try out more of the elite specializations. If you’ve already put more than 250 points into your elite specialization, surplus hero points will be refunded to your character for future use.

We’ve seen feedback that people love our new Adventure minigames in which you can compete for rewards, experience, and leaderboard standing with your friends. People like them so much, they want to play them more! We’re going to take another pass on adventure availability so you can play them more easily. Most of them are only closed when events that could happen on top of them in an event chain would break the adventure—and we can’t do anything easily about those. But we’ve identified a few adventures that could be more accessible and aren’t as susceptible to influence from nearby events. The Bugs in the Branches, Shooting Gallery, Flying Circus, and Beetle Feast adventures will now all be made open for play more often. While major mapwide events are going on (survive through the night, the battle for Tarir, and the Trexus boss battle), adventures will remain unavailable as the map is under assault and needs your help!

Finally, we’ve discovered a setting that was creating some lower populations in maps in the Heart of Maguuma than we’d ideally been looking for with our megaserver system. We’re really happy with the difficulty of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns—our players have asked for more meaningful challenge from Guild Wars 2, and we believe Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is bringing that—but having lots of players to play with makes that much more fun, so we’ll make sure you’re always in maps with numerous friends (and soon-to-be friends) to play with.

Iterative development and player feedback are extremely important to us at ArenaNet, and of course we’re going to continue to make Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns even better by listening to all of you. We’re looking forward to sharing even more of that experience with everyone soon with the upcoming activation of our raids, enhanced squad UI, new legendary weapons, and PvP leagues!

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I don't even have an opinion on WvW right now because everyone is in HoT.

I feel very empty.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I've found the best way to stop a Druid from healing is to just 100-0 them.
I recommend using a Chronomancer.

http://gfycat.com/WelldocumentedAgedHoverfly

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
lf2m 1h1t need xyz mastery

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Almost all wvw guilds are spending most nights in arenas. I think I hopped between 4 guild halls last night and barely touched a borderland.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I've been to the new borderlands three times.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I'm at lunch, thinking of you Arus.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

CLAM DOWN posted:

Someone draw arus

Not enough Amazon forest left for the paper however though m8.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I always thought releasing the new WvW maps with HoT was information overload.

Not even including that it was Halloween event launch too.

Had they released the borderland maps maybe 2 months later, the reception would have been very different at the start (for a while at least...).

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I am not sarcastically posting about just how amazing and fun Wildstar's home instance customization was.

All those Devs they took and not a single bit of that system's influence came over?

:(

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
This thread is a murder

of crows

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I too, chuckled at how they specifically said melee autoattacks.

I hope the improvement to acrobatics is deleting it.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
The rally and revive changes in WvW are cool.

I can't wait until November when they finally revive and rally WvW.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
When they do add capes, it will only be medium armor and just affecting the existing buttcapes.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Keep up the good work, my street cred has never been higher.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Day 3 : They still think I am part of the pack.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
The colors of the new weapon set are cool 'cause it looks like anodized titanium.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Win 10 is pretty good. Didn't even have to format.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
drat.

I didn't like Desert, but I sure don't want to see Alpine again.
Would be nice to find a middle ground.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I meant the actual maps, not the weather.

Desert reminded me too much of EOTM, and it is too massive. Alpine...I can count the blades of grass I've run loops around that map so many times.

e : If they took the canyon side of the Desert BL, expanded it a bit, added a few more bridges and walkways. Hell yes.

treizebee fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 30, 2016

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I hope wvw is saved so i can finally use my long sought-after super pistol

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Sure did miss my thief.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Boon buffing builds have been on the rise in wvw. Even gank squads and roaming.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

CLAM DOWN posted:

You could say that those builds are....a huge boon.

I think a doctor needs to check out your...conditions.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Apparently I never remembered to use that free character slot from the HoT price debacle.
So I made my first engie.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
When is and who to contact for the HP train tonight?

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I no longer revive someone when trying to pick up my loot.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Unless all you do is WvW. You get nuthin.
.... :downs:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Hefty posted:

Everything in this patch is good.

Let us not forget it was like this originally via account-bound rank up chests that contained proof of heroics.
But yeah turning them into currency is patch good.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

UberN00ber posted:

according to the official forums of course.

So do you just not play any video game ever created?

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Hmmm, so...

Karka helm + sloth backpack + bat shoulders + raven staff...any other gear with critters?

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Don't be silly. Poutine can't type.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Are all your characters logged off in vip areas?

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Our Eles in Terror were not backline. It was the necros who did range bombs while we only ran 1-2 eles that hugged the guards.

GvG builds.

RIP 😞

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Sure but not in a GvG 15v15 comp.

Not that it matters anymore 😞

• Locked thread