Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I look like something Todd Macfarlane came up with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Softface posted:

A friend liked one of my animes so much she had one of her friends turn it into another anime, making it anime squared!

The anime in question:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Tivac please inform the rest of the staff I need some sort of everlasting goat tonic.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I've found my load times on an SSD to average around 15 seconds for most zones but poo poo like LA still takes me about 30-45 seconds

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
http://imgur.com/a/FNPJG

I think I'm gonna do something like one of these with Gonk

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I was just sitting here thinking about how Anet said they're looking into bringing back living story season 1 to work with the story journal and honestly I wish they would/could bring back the LA Breachmaker fight. That was legit awesome and the best part of season 1 hands down. It probably helped that Scarlet finally quit having dialogue and got serious during that poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqUsh9PJOZw

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

lookin good huntin dragons

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
gently caress reddit and gently caress those idiots who want bad event design to be even worse.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I'm banning all of you assholes from being minion master reapers dammit. I was into minions before they were "cool". You're all banned from SAB when it comes back too. NO FUN FOR YOU.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Arenanet continues to not test anything ever. Remember, we can't have SAB now because it's "too buggy" but we can have HoT if we spend real money! Buy more gems dude.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

goattrails posted:

Guess a marvel villain:

This is some loving terrible Spider-man cosplay. Get good.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Mouth of Mordremoth is effectively Mordremoth, yeah. I mean they make a point to hammer in that he is "everything" in the jungle and that's pretty much anet's way of having a giant dragon that you can fight directly sorta.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

The ghost dog guild rush is so hilariously bugged, here is a dogpile trying to finish the dog race

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Canach loving zinged a crippled child. 10/10 would/did play on all my alts.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
For the Chak Killer cheevo, I killed every single one of them and did not get credit, then I did it again and magically got credit once I killed about 3/4ths of them. In summary, the achievement is loving broken like half the story achievements and Anet still hasn't fixed it.

:10bux:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Alteisen posted:

You forgot that Marjory's sister died and the mission where she dies ends with her corpse dangling above you and the end mission game rewards popping up and your character going "SWEET SWEET LOOT" completely killing whatever mood they tried to establish.

Also lesbians.

"You're dumb and you'll leave a dumb corpse"

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Also Tangled Depths is great. Learn to navigate and quit being babies.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I guess I'm getting a bit on the glowy side now.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I changed my Reaper up just a little bit, though I might change the dye scheme still.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

:911:

Almost as naked as Gonk

Lonk fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 14, 2015

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I am sprucing up SFD's guild hall tonight.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

mike12345 posted:

now do nipples

I tried but it wouldn't work.
Come on Arenanet, first SAB and now this?!? I paid $50 to put pumpkin nipples on a statue and you won't even let me!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Also imagine glowy blue poo poo from leystone that you can't really see due to background there. I still need to get more transmutes and look into what weapon skins I want. Kiiiiinda want leyline weapon skins to go with it but then I'd feel like trying to match my look to them and they're kinda ugly.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I wish.

Also learned a funny thing tonight in the final fight with Mordremoth; If sylvari characters go into that fight in a group, the non-sylvari players can attack them at the beginning of the fight. Some pubbie kicked my rear end and stomped me and it was hilarious.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDdR4c9vcEw
Best music to do goon-made guild hall jumping puzzles to.

Lonk fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 18, 2015

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It's a datamined glider. Gold wings supremacy tho :smug:

It's actually in the gliders menu atm, just can't buy it yet!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
*looks at his free set of viper's gear just sitting in the bank*

:smug:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
http://i.imgur.com/tCmyF78.jpg
The end of Dragon's Stand is rad and cool but gently caress the build up to it.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Everyday Goast posted:

That dog is the best post in this thread for the last three months

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

VIOLENTERECTION posted:

i give up, is it the charr on the left?

This would be the best guild hall upgrade.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Kessel posted:

the requirements for the legendary armour collection are so ridiculous that nobody who gets the armour will need it by that point

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Cool I blew 300+ gold in the past week on shadow abyss dye and gems to prepare for the soul river glider, only to find out it's loving locked behind a goddamn 2000 gem pack oh boy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg8htLidHLA

edit: I got it with help from Don (thanks Don!!!) but I still think it's lame if they're going to keep locking exclusive stuff behind expensive packs, if they never sell it separately down the line somewhere.

Lonk fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 24, 2015

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Dreggon posted:

They told me to gently caress off

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Real talk: I honestly like a lot of what Arenanet does as a concept, but not in practice. They tend to overtune everything and apparently test nothing (except in windows xp!) and I believe they honestly become too ambitious at times with their projects.

I'd even be fine with raids if they just innovated with them at all instead of practically copy pasting the bad design of other MMOs into GW2. Enrage timers are stupid, period. Forcing people to only use berserker's after saying you're getting rid of that meta is loving stupid. Why do you do this poo poo, Anet? You can't just cater to the 1% and ignore the rest of the fanbase pleading with you.

edit: legendary armor preview

Not really. Mordremoth fight bugged out and I remained glowy, as if I were still channeling a rift.

Lonk fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 25, 2015

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I decided to do a positive thing and teach you all about the secrets of Gonk! Obviously going to help if you're a guardian but I don't really have tank experience with any of the other classes. Hopefully this will encourage other goons and help them with raids and possibly other things.

Alright first off the obvious is Guardian and secondly is Nomad's but surprise surprise, the new Wanderer's stats are also good with this build, though I stick with Nomad's for the raid. I use exotic Nomad's armor and ascended trinkets. You can craft the armor fairly cheaply and get trinkets from Living Story season 2 cheevo awards.

You're going to wanna go for Quetzal Crest, Ventari's Chisel, Forgotten Band, Sandford Family Ring and Aspect Amulet. These will probably be the most annoying part of your build or you can craft exotics for a little less tankiness. For your weaponry, you will want a mace and a focus as your main setup and your swap could be staff for utility, hammer for damage (with might stacks) during the raid or my all-around favorite would be scepter/shield for ranged/immobilize and shield shoving others.

I try to do Nomad's weaponry though my scepter is berserker's for just a little more damage. Really your weapon stats don't matter much compared to the armor so use what you want.

For your skills, you are going to want to bring along Shelter for your healing due to decent heal combined with 2 seconds of blocking poo poo. bring along Retreat! for speed/aegis, Save Yourselves! for tons of boons and either Hold the Line! for protection/regen or Stand Your Ground! if you believe you're going to need to toss up some stability for where you are. Your elite skill should be Signet of Courage for obvious reasons.

For your traits you're going to want to go with Valor, Honor and Virtues.

For Valor, go with either Strength of the Fallen or Focus Mastery. Both are good honestly but Focus Mastery might be better for the raid. Get Strength in Numbers if you wanna help others be a little tanky or Stalwart Defender if you use shield as your swap offhand. Use Altruistic Healing if you want or Retributive Armor which is my preference.

For Honor, you will either want Invigorated Bulwark for reduced mace recharge or Protective Reviver to revive your allies with a shield shove and everyone gets Aegis, Protection and Regen for 10 seconds. Next go Pure of Heart or Honorable Staff if you're using staff for your swap. Lastly, go either with Pure of Voice to reduce your shout recharge and convert conditions to boons or go with Force of Will if you want a bit more Health.

For Virtues, you'll want to get Retaliatory Subconscious to occasionally protect you from stuns and such. Go with Absolute Resolution to improve your Virtue of Resolve and lastly go with Battle Presence if you wanna give Resolve's passive effect to nearby allies or go with Indomitable Courage if you think Aegis/stability is going to be more useful.

There's a lot of good trait choices for tanking here so play around with it and see what you like using. Some things might work better for PvE or Raid or WvW. Now I will try to give advice here for each game mode

PvE: Pretty much you're going to be using mace auto attack, mace 2 for AoE regen, mace 3 to block powerful hits, focus 4 any time you can and focus 5 is pretty much like mace 3 so try to use it when you think some nasty attacks are gonna happen or you are tanking several enemies at once. Use your shouts pretty much whenever you want because PvE is easy and your only real problem is slower damage output so you might want to group up whenever possible.

PvP: Nomad's isn't allowed here so just skip this trash game mode! (sorry I couldn't resist)

WvW: Mostly the same tactics here as PvE and this is where you can really get some good laughs. You'll likely be tanking so well in 1v1 fights that the enemy will either die of actual boredom and try to run away or they will literally do nothing but try to kill you forever out of sheer spite, ignoring the chance to cap anything or do anything remotely useful. Your only real enemy in WvW is going to be the sheer amount of conditions from zergs but don't feel bad because that poo poo destroys everyone.

Raid: Alright, you've decided to try tanking in the raid. I can only speak on my experiences with Vale Guardian so far but take everything you've learned about tanking in the other modes and remember that you will ALWAYS have the boss aggro due to your toughness level. Before the fight starts, do your best not to hit the Vale Guardian until you've pulled him over to the blue pylon's speed mushroom since the timer starts once he is hit and the speed shroom will boost your speed and attacks. The blue teleports take about 2 seconds to pop off and you will want to dodge out of it into the pillar so you don't move much. You will only want to move if you get teleported or if you absolutely need to in order to keep the Vale Guardian from spawning the teleports on top of the green lightning AoE.

During the split at 66% hp, run to the green pylon and just solo tank the green guardian until blue team has killed their boss and come to help you with green, then everyone takes out red. At this point the Vale Guardian reforms and you all need to get to the red pylon's section of the arena. He's going to teleport you almost immediately so dodge this and stay in the red section. He will occasionally spawn the green lightning circles and also occasionally go into a break bar phase, where the bar needs to be broken as quickly as you possibly can. The other sections will be electrified at this point and during this particular phase, only one at a time will do so, starting with green and changing roughly every 20 seconds.

As the tank, you will want to keep him near the electrified floor section without actually going into it until a few seconds before it changes. After awhile, the Vale Guardian splits and you repeat that phase so just do the same as before. After this he will reform one last time and you repeat the electric floor phase but now two of the three sections will be electrified at a time and they will change a little faster, probably around 17 or 18 seconds instead of 20 by my count. I've not gotten past this phase myself but it's the final one and you pretty much know all you need to know to do this so just hope you don't screw up and your team can dps/break bar fast enough to beat the enrage timer!

Now I did mention Wanderer's stats earlier and they are great for a Guardian but due to how aggro works in Raid, you should stick with Nomad's for that. Anywhere else, you can go Wanderer's for extra damage. Easy way to get Wanderer's is simply beating the Heart of Thorns story mode on your alts. I also recommend picking Viper's gear boxes from doing this when given the choice as it is also the easiest way to get that stat set if you need it for an alt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Sheesh and I'm seen as too negative in the thread. Nomad's rocks for tanking and has a place in the game was my point. I'm sorry I don't literally masturbate constantly to berserker's gear because I'm unable to use anything else in the game. I am well aware of how terrible the game design for raiding is and how most people in this game will never beat Vale Guardian, let alone have to worry about the other bosses.

• Locked thread