Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I've done all my TT in afternoon (really more like 1800 CET) slots with the "European" TTS group but that was in the months leading up to HoT and I never went back to do the new achievements after HoT's release.

There's room for error and I basically never saw a properly organized TT raid fail, but I've seen very close calls with TTS raids and a lot of failed attempts at 1-5% with mostly-organized raids. It's obviously better now with HoT power creep but in the end, "idling an hour before the event to make sure you have enough people on the right map" is what makes a huge difference and this is just stupid no matter what.

orcane fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Nov 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I ended up making lots of alts with tomes and bday scrolls in the pre-HoT lull, the original goal was one each, too, I ended up having two each because having an asura everything was worth it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

ApeHawk posted:

Lonk is a poor.

Let's laugh at him.

That's not a problem, goons will happily help you get your legendary.

Right?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Snowflakes is easy, presents is dumb. I don't know if it's a latency thing but my success rate with presents has been like 10% the last two years and I'm not going to bother anymore.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

congratulations :v:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
How much you in for, Arus?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
On launch day you'd sometimes get 2-3 slots for the price of one, it was funny.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it also worked in the other direction, you could pay 800 gems for one and get nothing, like you (and me with the 3rd one I was trying to buy that day) - though, how is "buy 1 character slot for 800 gems, have 0 or 2 or 3 slots added" not bugged :confused:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I started working on them with Neoman - didn't want the full 50 but a few more for certain unlocks. I think I managed 2 before I got bored out of my mind :v:

Sorry Neoman :(

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
"content"

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
WoW "free" version, can't level beyond, or log into old characters over level 20 out of - for now - 100 :v:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

CLAM DOWN posted:

If I can duel wield shields on my engineer I'm never playing anything else ever again

e: :toxx:

I can imagine you dueling shields is not a fair fight. Shields' gonna win.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh man cattlepult :allears:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

nickhimself posted:

Not to mention you don't base an economy off of what 1% of the population has hoarded.

You do if you want people to buy gold with gems :haw:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's still largely the same game as in 2013 though. If you didn't like it then, I have a hard time coming up with reasons why it would be different now.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I like some of the HoT systems and improvements those have received, and the old stuff that was changed as well (Fractals etc.).

Still hate the HoT zones, enemies and story though, so I'm mostly waiting - new expansion should be out in time to compete with Star Citizen's release.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
"link converted by SALR" ruins everything :v:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
"""economist"""

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Illuyankas posted:

They hid story content featuring Saul D'Alessio behind raids?! loving GW1 plot follow ups like everyone asked for in the 5% player based mode, holy poo poo

Just raid, mate, it's easy :colbert:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I was joking :ohdear:

Since I was doing it with 24 other people in WoW hard mode raids, I know all about the fun that is scheduling your free time around playing :turianass: challenging group content :turianass: in MMOs.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's divine punishment for asurabutt.jpg

Or for living in Australia.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I first thought it was the "amazingly soft and supple" part.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

PhoenixShen posted:

You can convert sprockets to shards in the toilet. I think the instructions are on the wiki.

That's what I did to get mine to ascended. Not going to bother buying the color globes though.

Are the color globes still from a once-upon-a-time event and not available anymore or did they add them to some current content by now?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
colored spinal blade backpack took all my gold and my wallet never recovered, but it was worth it :pcgaming:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

lucifirius posted:

I bought the copper fed salvager. I'm pretty much out of ideas as to what I can buy with gems. Got outfits I like, bag slots for the main, bank tabs, storage space... Guess I'm just saving it for the fun/convenient things.

Glider skins obviously.

Or BL keys if you're addicted to gems like Arus.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's kinda funny reading that between GW2 and FF14, the former is considered to be the "clunky" one when it comes to combat and controls :v:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

where the red fern gropes posted:

dreggon stars in: the adventures of the man with no internet

Pretty sure I made a joke about your internet before so I'm just sending goondolences instead.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
GW required typing the name of a character in order to log in even before GW2 launched. It certainly was funny trying to remember a character name I made in preorder beta six years earlier :v:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
OMG MORE LEGENDARIES TO GRIND FOR CONTENT.

What would we do without MMOs.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Obligatum VII posted:

I know it won't happen, but some tiny sliver of me hopes for playable margonites because I always loved their design. Plus, their god has been dead for ages, if any of them are still around, they've had a lot of time to do some soul searching (and would be totally on board for killing all the human gods).

The company that struggles to actually make more than a handful armor sets for an expansion because ~it's hard~ is supposed to release an entirely new race. Sure buddy :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think shadow abyss was not available in the bday dye packs? Or maybe I'm confusing the dyes.

• Locked thread