Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I said I'd DJ a party that week without checking the date first, so I'll be missing the first evening of launch.

Given how buggy the first few hours not release are though, I'll probably come out ahead (and the alcohol in my system will help me cope with any residual unplayability :downs:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I haven't really touched my warrior since HOT, but after seeing how quickly non-reapers get wrecked I'd personally do some flavor of soldier geared hammer/longbow shout healing build.

Disclaimer: I'm a no-skill casual that plays how he wants pretty princess or bust

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

"To kill an asura is not murder; it is the path to heaven" - Pope Francis I, 2014

e. vvvv

god wills it

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 14, 2015

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Goatsurabutt.jpg, someone make it happen :getin:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Crimsonbeak posted:

The grind really is bad now.

Gold Wars 2: Heart of Taxi

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Vargs posted:

It's a shame GW2 is such wasted potential because you're all mostly pretty cool dudes and dudettes who I like playing video games with.

Only reason I'm still playing tbh. I'm not at home right now to upload them, but I have a bunch of screenshots of some official forum thread where people were bitching about the time SFD put hundreds of guild banners up in LA. Those are the times I'll remember :allears:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Hey, Dulfy has some guides for the new raid content out. Let's see what it's like!

quote:

Unlike Vale Guardian, Gorseval is a pretty big DPS check so you will definitely want to have full ascended if possible. On this fight it is possible to have sub 1% wipes so having every bit of DPS will definitely help.

:rip:

e.
Do fatnorns count as 'big titty'? Asking for a friend.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 26, 2015

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Holy poo poo an actual j4g in the wild.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Generic Octopus posted:

I mean, goku blew up a planet and didn't kill freeza. Trunks used a sword and did kill freeza.

Get this anime nerd poo poo out of my regular nerd poo poo :bahgawd:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Xand_Man posted:

You can also "Break apart" the item into a transmutation charge and the skin if you don't already have the skin.

What do you mean by this? I'm pretty sure the way I'm reading it is incorrect.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I felt like playing a bit the past couple days but could never log in so I found something else to do also you guys should check out Narcos on Netflix it's really good (and not dead like this game)

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

The real gift is the uncensored return address, now we can send Arus (or whoever) stacks of butter IRL :btroll:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

It would have to be mastery gated though.

e. and the mastery is only unlocked after completing all fractals

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Challenge accepted.

Gotta build that gem equity :shepspends:

e. On a semi-serious note, those gemstore items that unlock quests to get other minis or that glider skin are another thing that's slowly turning me off from the game. It effectively gates content (albeit minor) behind the gemstore. I wouldn't say it pisses me off, because that implies an :effort: I can't quite muster, but deliberate decisions that are blatantly designed to make people bust out credit cards makes me want to do the opposite. I'm not entitled to poo poo and if that's the way the game is headed, so be it. But it's the opposite of what I signed up for and if Anet doesn't care about retaining my segment of the playerbase then I probably won't care to stick around much longer.

Anyways that's my calm and reasoned opinion internet, thank you for reading also GW1 managed to not have these problems so it's not like it can't be done so WHA TTHE gently caress obamaNET??

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 23, 2015

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

The only thing stopping me from getting into raiding (or sPVP/WvW/world completion/whatever) is me. The only thing stopping me from completing that content is busting out my credit card (or farming for 3-4 hours to complete a half hour quest chain). It's a subtle but very deliberate game decision designed to suck irl dollars from players or suck them deeper into the skinner box and predispose them to do more of the same. ANet has kids to feed just like I do, and that's their business, but it's not one I want to be a part of.

There's also the opportunity cost of content that could be developed for the game at large, but isn't.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

I mine both types of guild halls daily with one character and am getting both types of crystals.

I think you've been hitting the maple syrup a little too hard because I've never been able to mine both halls in the same day.

Either that or you've spent enough money at the gem store to trigger some flag in the code that lets you do things that casuals can't.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

My solution was to abandon thief after hitting 80 and princessing out so my character selection screen aesthetics wouldn't be totally ruined. Your mileage may vary.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Wait so you're telling me I didn't have to j4g?

So triggered right now :ohdear:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Years ago I worked with some grognard who had five different EVE accounts and rolled with Band of Brothers. Every few days he'd come to work salty as all hell and bitching about whatever latest antic goons were up to.

It was all the highlights of playing without the drudgery of min-maxing excel spreadsheets and godawful timesinks in-between. :v:

e. Our shift went by super fast the day after BoB collapsed and he was the source of that entertainment :allears:

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 27, 2015

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I'd also like to point out that GOON/SFD have been insulated from all the negative quality of life changes to buildsguilds because of their sizes. Most guilds don't have the bankroll or activity we do, so the smaller ones in particular got hosed out things they used to be able to do ever since they were placed behind senseless currency sinks. Want to do the same old guild missions? gently caress you pay me. Want to store things in a vault? gently caress you pay me. Wvw guild want some seige? gently caress you pay me, also you get less seige and it doesn't perform as well as it used to and you need a scribe and you can't claim for free anymore ahaha :smith:

e. autocorrect

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 29, 2015

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Pidgeonpen

Illuyankas posted:

It's the single worst thing they hosed up in the whole of HoT.

Followed closely by 'everything else' :v:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Get some extra characters with max bag slots loaded up with 20-item bags, that way you can exclusively devote Tuesdays and Thursdays for inventory management.

tl;dr; buy more gems dude

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Probad posted:

Make one with a Super Adventure Box down there and ship it to Lonk.

Super Adventure Balls

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Sprite141 posted:

I think it'll be easier if I grind my fractal up to a high enough level to start getting ascended boxes at this rate.

To quote Captain Jack Sparrow, not impossible just improbable.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

whydirt posted:

What, like banishing him to a far off continent or something?

They tried that and then Cletus happened.

A vicious cycle.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Laphroaig posted:

Not mine sadly :( I wish I had that much disposable income to throw at GW2. My napkin math says that is at least $500 worth of gems.

Why be sad? I look at that and feel so much better about myself. You don't get to that point in life without a history of bad decisions.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I was sitting on a couple ascended boxes for months 'cause I didn't know who to use them on, but now I'm kinda glad I didn't use them on a mesmer :unsmith:

e. Just glad I was able to get some use of it while the game was still alive, rip guild wars 2 maybe gw3 will deliver.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I won't miss Mossman being more of a stupid boring dickpain.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I've played through CM story and did some grinding for armor there but I don't remember that happening at all.

Which goes to show how memorable the writing is, I guess. I find reading gw2wiki summaries of events to be more engaging and enjoyable than paying attention to them in game.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

:vince:

This is better lore than anything I've experienced in game.

e. I did my first DS a couple days ago and it's not something I'd like to re-experience. Parts of the event seemed neat but the fun:monotony ratio was way too long for the 90+ minutes of gametime...which is prettymuch exactly what I thought about AB when I did a month ago. Next time I'll do dungeons with Arus instead.

Thanks to the gooms to invited me along all the same :v:

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 19, 2016

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Make a new daredevil, have both!

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Attestant posted:

I used to enjoy HoT, but then I saw how much everything costs in actually useful resources, like time and dignity.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

jjac posted:

It's not real, nor I think it ever will be, but I swear they've been pushing this franchise to become a popular competitive game since vanilla GW1 regardless of everything.

GW1 pvp was awesome as hell and a lot better than whatever we have now. GW2 decided to forget a bunch of lessons GW1 learned.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns - why the gently caress would they do that

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

It's not like we have anything else that's super to spend our time with sooooo

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

the results of an OP that refuses to update

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I've been playing less and less the past few months and haven't even done teq in weeks. Between two deluxe versions and a gem card I think the game cost me about $200 all in, which isn't so bad as far as costly mistakes go. This game has almost everything except a reason to play it for me right now. At least I'll always have my memories of dumb poo poo the guilds did. If it weren't for that I probably would have given up a couple years ago already. Thanks for the memories, goons :unsmith:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I think the thing that rubs most the wrong way is that most of the design changes the past year-and-change have taken things in the opposite direction of the game's original vision. Hell, the base game removed more armor sets than the expansion added. I'm okay not being the target demographic anet cares about because I know the game doesn't owe me poo poo. The flip side is that I don't owe the game poo poo and don't feel bad about not playing it (I only miss goons :v:).

At least the no-sub thing makes it easy to check out every once in a while. I do hope that these positive changes being talked about will happen, but talk is cheap even before taking the company's credibility into account.

Also happy birthday Arus, I'm sure your mother would be proud of you had she not died during childbirth :)

e. Just accept it m8, you probably won't see your next one anyways on account of being 96% bodyfat

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 27, 2016

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

shrach posted:

In light of the recent revelations I am starting to wonder if there might be a lost dev team trapped in the basement at anet that has been working on build templates since the first Beta Weekend. All gathered around the code from Guild Wars and wondering what sort of black magic trickery they used back then. Each time they write a new Hello World program it melts the servers and sends the facility into lockdown and they have to start over. Someone should check on them.

Before being killed Scarlet broke the fifth wall and the raid wings are all about freeing the dev team IRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Only way to win now is not to play, at least you have a chance with the lottery, makes u thikn

• Locked thread