Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
What was that website that showed what the cheapest way to get your crafting skill was by looking at the trader costs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Yes, perfect. Thanks!

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
They got rid of clone death builds? drat, that blows.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Visidan posted:

Hero challenge map, might want to get em done before HoT http://gw2maps.ch/?mapId=696

How come?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

OneEightHundred posted:

OTOH it's pretty low risk since it's barely above vendor value right now.

Yeah at worst you lose like 10%. The problem is finding somewhere to stick 300 stacks of something.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
It's too late to get a personal guild bank isn't it?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Omg is that an electro gun?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Dorkopotamis posted:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-economy/

Read between the lines: Thick leather is worth a fortune now.

It's already up to 14c.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I just noticed that birdstaff turns your arm all feathery :swoon:

If you could dual wield staffs you would have wings!

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Glad i sold all my thick leather last night at 47c, i figured it would hit that 2 million wall at 48c and then crash back down. It's in the mid 30s now, maybe i'll buy in again if it goes under 20.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Ascended gear is free if you gather the materials to craft it yourself.

edit: sorry, I was wrong. There's some crap you have to buy from the tradeskill vendors too, thermocatalytic reagents. might end up costing a gold or two.

Only if you assign zero value to the massive amounts of time this would require. I'm not sure how you can "gather" thousands of silk anyways other than buying it.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
So that blog they posted today says "overcoming challenges in the jungle to unlock your elite specialization", which sorta implies hero points won't be the only way to unlock them right?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Stop crushing my dreams damnit.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Are the legendary quests just for the new ones in HoT?
Because, seriously, that's the only way I'm getting one.

All of them, but they are not really supposed to be any easier or cheaper, just less up to rng.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Is there a way to upgrade from the standard edition of hot to the ultimate? i can only find a deluxe upgrade, and that one is dumb.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Tivac posted:

They are.

You think they will let me upgrade from a standard to an ultimate edition of hot?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Lonk posted:

They said pretty specifically that the Ultimate edition needs to be bought outright and there is/never will be an "upgrade" to it. Only the Deluxe edition has an upgrade. If you bought Standard and/or Deluxe, you're poo poo out of luck on Ultimate unless you buy it straight up for $100 and make a new account or something.

Or i could try to get a refund.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
So i sent in a ticket asking if i could upgrade from standard to ultimate, they unprompted just offered a refund so i could buy it instead.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

RottenK posted:

thick leather sections are falling in price again

oh well, i'm used to losing all my gold to idiotic ventures

time to farm up some more for the next time i need to throw it all away by hopping on a price bubble too late :v:

There was a hard wall of 2 million at 48c that it wasn't going to go past on speculation alone, i think it only dropped to 1.8 million. It might be worth it to buy in again if it drops much farther.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
It really screws over Thiefs and just solidifies the idea that the dodges should have been part of the base class and not grand master traits.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Can you build guild upgrades if the requirements are still queued up?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Someone posted a very good silverwastes guide a couple months ago, anyone happen to have a link to it?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Thanks!

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
You don't have to spam pistol whip, sitting on black powder ups your survivability a whole bunch.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Oh man that nightwing pistol from halloween bags is amazing.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Amante posted:

The masteries are grindy but account wide, so forgivable imo. The per character elite spec grind is gonna be brutal when taking alts into account. Imagine years later when there's 2-3 a profession :)

Everyone keeps over rating the hero point grind and under rating the mastery one. Already almost maxed dragonhunter, starting from zero it should be no more than a day or so per alt.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Fargin Icehole posted:

SSSSSsssooo...Is it any good?

I had a ton of fun all day.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Sprite141 posted:

Ah man, unidentified dyes are dropping like mad. I had a near stack too. Maybe I'll sell them, maybe I'll take them out instyle and hold a guild dye event.

Edit: oh yeah, I have like 2g to my name. This poo poo is gonna be sold.

Wtf, where? i've been playing all day and haven't got a single one.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
That first time you go back to an old zone and try to glide down of a high drop.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

CLAM DOWN posted:

I actually agree, I don't mind masteries taking a while to unlock, but elites, gently caress that poo poo.

I feel bad for the people who will have to do hero points after the expansion rush.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Finally got silver on that drat bugs in the branches adventure. I really should have waited until i had updrafts.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
My guardian with pre hot world completion is only the elite away from maxing dragon hunter and all it really took was gliding.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Orv posted:

Wait are you saying that like it's a good thing? You did world completion, and then only had to do another not insignificant chunk of grinding?

It's been two days, how is that even considered grinding? Hell most of the time I just wander around with no clue what's going on. I've managed to knock out 180 point without any maps, guides, walkthroughs or beta experience. In a day or two all this poo poo is going to be on dulfy and the only obstacle to getting your elite spec in a few hours is going to be finding a group for the champs.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

Howdy folks, got a Nightwing from a bag, should I sell it now for an easy 10g or save it for when it is more rare?

It's going to be several months before any substantial price increase, so i guess it depends on how badly you need the 10g right now. Of course you might sell for 10g, watch it never come back again and sell for 10000g in a couple years.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

PsychicToaster posted:

Has anyone unlocked Daredevil that can tell me if it sucks as bad as the Ben Afleck movie or if it's actually good?

I had 200 points on my thief, can't really pass judgement on the entire spec yet because it's just incomplete without the new dodges but the staff at least feels awesome to use.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Your Computer posted:

I feel like it suffers from not getting the fancy dodges immediately. I think the intent is that you're super squishy but dodge around while attacking but since you can't attack while dodging until you get your grandmaster traits, you basically get the choice between running away and dying :negative:

Technically you can dodge just as much before the grandmaster traits, all they add is some damage and utility.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Nektu posted:

I'm kinda wondering if the people that die all the time are still in full zerker. Because moving away from that ... helps?

I'm switching to marauders once it becomes commonly available, no point in buying another full set of armor i will replace.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Okay!
I checked all of my character and, regardless of what they had before, they all had 200 points or less.
Anet capped everyone :psyduck:

I'm really trying to not sound dramatic but I have a hard time playing a character to 80 and getting all the goodies then having to play them a ton more just to unlock the new spec. I was really hoping that I'd have one new spec to play in the expansion but instead I need to trudge through old zones to pick up points.
They really need to triple the population cap for the new zones. 150 is pitiful.

I had 203 on both my world completion characters, which is what you should have if you grabbed everything outside of SW and Dry top.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Deluxe and Ultimate packs don't seem worth the dosh, then. Thanks :)

The ultimate pack is worth the money if you think at some point you will buy the 50 dollars worth of gems, because you break even with just that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Totbot posted:

I maxed out two Elite specs in two days. :smuggo:

WvW is reeeaaallly good for Hero points. Basically every time you gain a WvW rank you get a chest that has items that you can trade for Hero points. Each chest has 2-4 of the item. With xp and wvw boosts and a decent Ktrain, you can rank up extremely fast. SMC alone gives like 3/4 of a level with boosts.

The hero point item is character bound, but the chest is account bound, so you can even bank the chests to open on other characters.

Would edge of the mists be faster?

• Locked thread