Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Just delete the pvp section and link to some dota thread instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

boho posted:

All dungeons all tracks soloable, cash reward removed.

Calling it now.

Can't increase rewards or decrease difficulty unless people who've already completed all the dungeons and finished all the collections get a special gold star next to their name acknowledging that they are superior to new cupcake dungeon runners.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Dolphin fractal is best fractal. Too bad it got deemphasized.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
People might actually take interest in spvp now that it's going to be a moba. Just wait for Anet to remove the rewards on all the old pvp maps so that people will focus on the good new content, and then it will really take off.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

ItBurns posted:

This is true. I get a decent amount of stuff this way, but I pretty much only play ranked and have a 90% win rate.

When is your line of branded peripherals launching?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Agony resistance adds literally nothing to the game except more time/gold grind and takes a wiki article or long forum post to explain. It's pretty dumb even when you understand it.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Adhesive Gamin posted:

They should add more content that requires Agony resist to justify its cost. Maybe a whole open world zone with mobs that apply Agony.

Pulsing agony on spvp maps could also work.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kessel posted:

Only two classes can use the rifle, warrior and engineer. Warrior rifle is loving awful and engineer rifle is good and happily welcomed in the meta. It's also fun if you enjoy pressing a lot of buttons

But if you pick engie you won't be able to spam warrior rifle's berserk burst skill into enemy reflects in wvw once heart of thorns comes out.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Action cam sounds like how I wish GW2 had been built in the first place, but it's neat to see it at least added in.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kessel posted:

Exactly this. The dev who thinks this will be good for engineer nades is dreaming. Oh good let me just point the camera at my feet in a group clusterfuck andhgrjxjdhgehrhfhhhgggjh

(also aiming all your nades at a distance using the crosshair is loving impossible, you'll throw up after a minute of bucking the mouse)

GW2 really would have needed to be designed with action cam from the start to work flawlessly with it, but some classes will probably be manageable.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Mango Pies are the next big thing

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
It's actually pretty cool that I won't have to drag my alts all over the pve map to get hero points, but I can see how I really deserve those points anyway and Anet is effectively stealing from me for not honoring my many wvw levels.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
It will probably be free when the next expansion releases, so really you'd have to be a sucker to buy it now.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

CLAM DOWN posted:

I hate MMO players

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
What's all this posting? Back to the hero point mines you scum!
- Tivac

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Organza Quiz posted:

Why is everyone whining about masteries being "grindy" when literally everything in the game (except halloween content which does genuinely suck) gives you experience towards them? Grinding is when you have to walk around killing the same trash mobs over and over again so you're strong enough to beat the next boss. Just play the actual game however you usually play the game, you'll get there eventually. Personally I'm actually really excited that exp means something again at level 80. I didn't want to do map completion before because I felt silly doing all those hearts etc with a level 80 character for a pittance of silver and unlocking a useless vendor but now I'm actually motivated to go do it since I'll be working towards masteries at the same time.

The only problem I can see is if the story content is gated behind extremely high-level masteries that take forever for a casual player to unlock, but I don't think that's an inherent problem with masteries themselves and it's something they can presumably fix without altering the way masteries work significantly.

ETA: That's not a comment about the posts above me talking about the grind in the HoT areas, I agree that playing the game sucks when the enemies keep slaughtering you and they do need to do something about that. I'm talking about the people whining about having to "grind" for masteries in general.

Source your quotes

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

CLAM DOWN posted:

The mushrooms are adorable and my favourite HoT enemy :3:

Just wait until you get your widefrog mastery up and you can see the treasure mushrooms waddling around. Hurry up though because they're overstuffed sacks of hp and I need someone to help me kill them in a reasonable amount of time.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Uziduke posted:

Anyone have the minstrel inscription recipe yet? I will provide the mats to get 6 made. I need it for my rev.

You get those recipes from the little frog guys.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Adhesive Gamin posted:

HoT maps are way better than others at encouraging you to split up groups instead of mass blobbing, and nearly everything goes into wallets and the collection bank just fine.

But there's no new dungeon content so gently caress it, organizing 5 people maybe isn't an epic massively multiplayer experience but it's more fun. Hopefully raids aren't poorly tuned garbage.

In VB at least there's still a ton of mass blobbing—plenty of rally points occupied by Mordrem on the map while 50 people mill around the central pact encampment. One of those points is surrounded by frogs though and it's absolute hell and I don't blame anyone for not bothering to take and hold it.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

I was just thinking I should go get some Dragon's Stand cheevos before the hardcore asks for this.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Berserker is actually a lot of fun. Warriors just want to have something to whine about like everyone else.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
The fractal gimmicks are really bad—they just punish you for playing GW2 well. I hope that entire system is deeply rethought or outright tossed at some point.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Bieeardo posted:

Does anyone know if those 'pact scout mapping material' consumables you buy from those mastery-locked Central Tyria merchants actually do anything? I bought one today, figuring some extra XP for map completion/mastery grinding would be nice... and as far as I can tell, it was just a bag with a single tiny claw in it.

It gives you progress toward the new map bonus rewards, which you normally get by doing events. If you open the map and hover over a name like Malchor's Leap, you'll see what you'll get next and what other things you might get after that. Each pact thing should get you one reward.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Everything gives experience, but the rate at which you fill the bar varies greatly between activities. Filling fractal mastery probably takes an hour and a half in CoF, but it would take days or weeks to fill by actually running fractals instead.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Mercurius posted:

Yeah, each hero point train I was running was giving me a little over a quarter of Gliding 6's experience required with full boosters. Like, it could still do to be reduced by 30% or so but it's not entirely awful, particularly if you don't actively grind for it.

How is it not entirely awful that someone running multiple cash-shop boosters thinks the experience requirements could stand to drop 30%?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Visidan posted:

Raids are awesome, I'm on the gw2 forum advocating for: DPS meters, difficulty modes, LFG system and leaderboards. So both casual players and hardcore players are against me.

I"m also reminding everyone of what happened to fractals (in 4 days time it will be 2 years since new content) dungeons (dead) sab (dead) and wvw (ignored) which is exactly what will happen to raids once they're finished.

I'm getting a bunch of angry whispers about it.

You're tearing this community apart.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That's still a lot! :saddowns:

It's like fractal instabilities are a bad joke that no one at Anet put any thought into.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Aesis posted:

Wow, you need 40 crystalline ore AND 10 guild commendations per recipe of guild armor piece. That means you need whopping 720 crystalline ore and 180 guild commendations for all the pieces :v: Not to mention the fact that nobody knows how to make guild insignia.

The endgame is moving on to a different game before you finish that.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kenshin posted:

Likely, unfortunately, it's because poopsockers are the ones who buy the most stuff from the gem store.

Arus is casual as gently caress though.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

PartyCrown posted:

this is something cletus made up that took off

That joke is likely to outlast Wildstar itself.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Nomad gear is needed to Gonk

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Lonk posted:

It is not that I never use anything else on Gonk; Even tonight I used a Berserker's hammer to help out. I've found every time I've gone into this fight that aggro only stayed on me with nearly full Nomad's. I always carry a set of Wanderer's around and at least two of my weapons are Berserker's.

Sorry buddy, you're just not raid ready. Post again when you have full Berserker's ascended to swap in.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Just popping in to say Happy Birthday, Arus!

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Lonk posted:

I see Arus in it. Photoshopped. 0/10

Dreggon posted:

looks like arus has contracted r-aids

Ultra-casual status revoked.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I've done it. I've achieved Maximum Sparkle Pony Princess Power

it don't get any sparklier than this folks

HoT cleared. Time to unsub until the next expansion.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
The only info I need to see about someone else's character is dye completion.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Generic Octopus posted:

C'mon, you know that's not realistic.

Adventure Box Mastery:
    Tier 1: You can now enter the Super Adventure Box!

Tier 2: Infantile mode now available!

Tier 3: Tribulation mode now available!

Tier 4: Super Weapons collection unlocked!

Tier 5: Super Weapons now purchasable!

12 million experience total. SAB rewards no experience.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Generic Octopus posted:

The SAB portal itself has relocated to Rata Novus, and is only online after a successful Gerent meta.

This is maybe the only thing Anet could do to make me give a poo poo about the gerent in its current state.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
The best thing about hearts is that they don't pretend to have replay value, unlike the forever war in DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Treasure Mushrooms

• Locked thread