Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Jerkops posted:

Illusion, Michael! A trick is something a whore does for money

:thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Lonk posted:

WHY IS THIS A THING THAT EXISTS?!

:whoptc:

Scary poo poo.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

HoT really burned me. I haven't logging in for more than a minute or two in a long time. Not sure what it is about this game but I play it every day for 6 months and then can't touch it for a while.

I honestly haven't played a game like GW2 that I burn out so easily on. I can't even force myself to log in to get the daily rewards these days.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

thanks alot assbag posted:

First, hit level 80. Do whatever you want, because doing anything at all gives you experience. Go for map completion, explore the world, find jumping puzzles and hidden areas, complete renown hearts, etc. Killing mobs doesn't net you a lot of exp, so don't just run around killing everything and expecting to level. You can always do WvW, or PvP too.

Gear won't matter much while you're leveling, just remember to get new gear every maybe 20 levels or so. Gear doesn't have specific abilities, rare stuff is just stronger than a non-rare would be at the same level. That's really it.

Also, join a Goon guild. Or both of them!

The gear was where I had the hardest part when playing GW2. I didn't really know how to make money in GW2, so I didn't know the best way to go about getting higher level gear once I hit 80. That also made changing the way the armor looked difficult, so I would just get frustrated. Not to mention some of the dyes are expensive as hell, so there's the money issue again.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Eltoasto posted:

What do you enjoy doing? Because pretty much every activity makes money in some way. Right now you can do the wintersday events and sell the drinks you get from the boxes for 7 silver a pop. Fractals and dungeons give money, even just going on some gathering routes makes really nice money.

Gearing is easy, you can get your new level 80 in rares for pretty dirt cheap, then it is just the matter of getting exotics, which you can get through wvw badges, dungeon tokens, guild comms, karma, or just straight up buying it. Any gear above exotic is long term and not very impactful.

Honestly don't really know what I like to do in GW2. If anything I like to just gently caress around with guildmates, but my play times are sporadic at best and I often miss out on SFD WvW Wednesday or whatever may be going on.

I've done plenty of WvW in HotM, since that was my main method of leveling up, so not sure if that helps me get exotic equipment or not. One of these days I'm going to have to just get on mumble and talk to yous all about it.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Happy Christmas everyone.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Happy whatever GW2 thread! I hope all of your respective dreams come true, unless you're terrible, in which case I don't.

I approve of this type of holiday cheer. :v:

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

AmericanGeeksta posted:

As a former EVE player, I found this way funnier than I should have.

There's no former when it comes to EVE, you'll be back. :colbert:

(Don't actually, you've won.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

AmericanGeeksta posted:

I've thought about it multiple times, but honestly it comes down to the fact that I loved all the people I met through that game, but never actually played it much (I was big into TweetFleet and other 3rd party social stuff). And now GW2 scratches my occassional gaming itch.

There's plenty of people who don't actually play EVE but hang out in GoonFleet jabber or whatever other alliance chat protocol is used. I probably hang out more in SFD IRC than I do actually play GW2 jabber now that I think about it.

Need to start playing more pretty, pretty princess simulator here.

• Locked thread