Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Coming back to GW2 after a couple month hiatus. How are engineers in the PvE meta right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Poniard posted:

Add -bmp in a shortcut to the game launcher.

fake edit: how did I get here I don't even play this anymore. I like drinking and playing fighting games give me a reason to reinstall this game.

It's better than poo poo fighter V

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Legs Benedict posted:

am i totally hosed for participating with goons in this game if i don't have the expansion

I just found it in a box from when it first came out and have been playing but don't have the 50 bones to drop on HoT yet

You can do everything except raids with goons.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I would say try ele if you're​ a beginner. Great deeps alot of buttons to spam can be tanky or glass cannon.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Thunder Moose posted:

Is there a class that's both easy to get a handle on and carries its weight in pvp? Haven't played since launch.

Guardian. Pretty easy class and can Frontline in wvwvw as well as has some meta builds for spvp.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Is chrono the only class with a viable shield option? Talking fractals and pve here.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Will anet ever give me the ability to buy a race change? I don't want to reroll my map completion characters for a less annoying voice actor...

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Wasn't there rumors about going back to cantha?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

Cantha and a Dervish type class would bring me back for a while.

Right now I have 10 lvl 80s and I just don't know what to do aside from the terrible grinds.

Been trying to finish gwamm recently but the thought of doing more vq, survivor, and the pre searing lv20 titles are making me rethink fun.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

hey welcome to the show! posted:

I ended up playing engineer and he's super fun.

Is pistol and shield a viable choice for end game because it rules at lvl 20

Shield is viable in PvP however.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Doombox needs to make more videos.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Illuyankas posted:

Last time I did this was back on August 19th last year but I've made some progress from then and I thought it was about time, since...

I did it. I beat the game.

Are they all 100% map completion?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

So I'm tired of having 200 apm on my engineer. What's a good class that is always welcome into a pug fractal or raid?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

CLAM DOWN posted:

Do you mean rpm like a propellor blade and that's the speed at which your arms are flailing when playing engy?

Try a different spec with far less flailing like scrapper

Or do what all the cool kids do and roll a warrior

Thinking about picking up my druid again since they seem to have a good condi ranger build and can be support.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Two things will make me insta buy this new expansion, cantha or paragons.

Doubt I'll get either :nsa:

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Did they show images or videos for the classes? At work and twitch is blocked...

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Shame no new class announced.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I'm happy with the expansion my main(engi) now uses light sabers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Not sure if anyone posted but new stat type

Power++/condi damage++/percision+/ferocity+

• Locked thread