Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

GI_Clutch posted:

You see, Mordremoth wasn't awakened at the end of season one. Well, at least not how we all thought. The sudden burst of magic from the drill hitting the ley line actually overwhelmed him and killed him. In a strange twist of fate, with both Scarlet and Mordremoth dying near the same time, Scarlet's soul rode the ley line to Mordremoth and her soul inhabited his body, saving him. Just like Jennifer Love Hewitt's boyfriend's soul moved to another dude's in the hospital when he died in that Ghost Whisperer show (don't look at me, my wife watched it). So, in HoT, we're just fighting Scarlet in a different body.

Later, taters.

This ruined the show for me, when they pulled that, I was done watching the show. I know it was kinda hard since Jennifer Love Hewitt in a dress in all most every show make it hard not to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Well stronghold has taken over my want's to do anything else in GW2. Need to get a good 5 man team going to premade stronghold games.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

mike12345 posted:

I have zero experience with pvp, but this sounds interesting. Def would be interested in groups.

Have you played a MOBA before?

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Not being able to take discipline with trying to add zker to my support spec is not fun. I might just got back to shout bow.

I am going to mess around with Rev for a stronghold support build a bit and see what I can do.

Right now with my warrior I try to bait as many people to me away from the rest of the team and I do as much as possible to live.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

My new SPVP Healing Rev

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

1st night going Rev Full healer build. 7 of 7 wins in Stronghold. They are so mobile and so much healing. The Tablet you summon deflects so good placement of it really makes it a bad day for a ranger.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

I think I'm going to drop my exp books and get my Rev to 80 for the hero point wvwvw Wednesday train. My Rev heals better and seams to tank better than my warrior.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Anyone have the minstrel inscription recipe yet? I will provide the mats to get 6 made. I need it for my rev.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Probad posted:

You get those recipes from the little frog guys.

Is there a currency you need to grind?

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Kerrrrrrr posted:

You need the itzel mastery to access the vendor and then you buy it with Airship Parts.

Yeah, that's not happening anytime soon. Hope I can find someone who has the recipe.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Xand_Man posted:

Rune of Evasion does work with the Daredevil dodges but it's 9s internal cooldown makes it much less viable. D/D Condi Daredevil thief isn't exactly good, but it is fun as hell. You become a bouncy ball that spits out bleed and torment stacks.

Talking about bouncing thief's, I hated the stroyline part you had to play as Caithe . Made me think I will never play a thief in this game.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

J3ng4 posted:

You get these from the frog dudes like everyone says. Also the recipes don't just require normal Gossamer Padding or whatever they use Oiled versions which required Linseed Oil (a new crafted material). I made a set on my Mesmer last night and as of right now I would NOT suggest it unless you have ~110g+ as the new materials are expensive as gently caress right now. You can get the Inscriptions from doing the Story Achievements and random drops.

On a better note I'm not dying as much as I was in Berserker/Assassins gear on my Mesmer. I'm using Chaos, Inspiration, and Chronomancer. I have the heal/condi clear on shatter trait and the warden on block trait. Both of these have helped me not die, of course my damage suffers a bit but I still have Berserker accessories and Chronomancer runes(cheapish on the TP). I may switch out some traits this weekend to use the boon duration stuff. This build probably isn't optimal but I feel way tankier than before so I'm happy with not dying so much. I don't know how this will do in older content like Fractals which seem to benefit from raw damage.

I wasn't going to craft the armor, I just wanted the inscriptions to convert my ascended gear.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

Is this the case for Marauder inscriptions? I like the looks of Marauder stats for my dragonhunter and was going to make an exotic set (because lol at the cost of ascended). Also want to make an ascended Marauder longbow but have no idea where to start with that, I've never made an ascended weapon before.

I can make ascended longbows and I have the recipe since I was going to make one for my warrior. You need a Full crystal thing. The Wood dowl and string from the daily combines. Its a bit cheaper than making like a chest armor piece since wood and leather is a bit cheaper.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

^^^ you're spooky as f

I currently have huntsman at I think 450, weaponsmith/armoursmith already at 500, so I can manage that one okay. Gotta do that first obviously, backpacks a good way to do it apparently.

I'm doing all this hassle because dragonhunter is the coolest as balls specialization and I loving love it.

Once you hit 500 you have to craft the daily wood combine and daily string combine. I am not online so I am not sure how many it needs. Also the stats you want are the new ones so your going to have to buy those or have them drop from HoT stuff. The old stats you pay 20000 karma for the inscription recipe and 5 larles are some gold for the bow recipe.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

No prob on the recipes, I have 1.5m odd karma and 200 laurels lying around, and I saw the recipes on the vendor already (for the new marauder inscription). And yeah, I don't know anything about how the time gated mats work for crafting this weapon but I'm sure I'll figure it out, hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Thanks for the info!

I don't think the longbow will take more than 5 of the time gated mats so like 5 days max. Your going to need HoT stuff for those stats for the recipes. I need a HoT recipe to change my settlers to minstrel. I so do not want to grind HoT stuff right now.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

I've gathered a few HoT things but yeah, I figured that, don't know what item(s) the ascended marauder inscriptions need yet. Hope it's not too painful, I've heard of multiple people crafting full sets already.

I forgot the inscription also needs mats. If i remember right huntsman ones need the wood daily also.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

Are those the mats like Damask that if I feel like Mr. Moneybags I can buy them off the TP rather than waiting for the cooldown?

Yes, but a bit cheaper.

Huntsman has 3 daily combines.
Wood for the inscriptions and used for everything else.
Leather for string for bows.
Metal for the non bows.

Makes it a little cheaper than the armor combine since demask is way more costly than anything else.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

I am going to take my Rev tonight from 20 to 80, going to power lv weaponsmithing and artificer, they make the staffs right? I also got about 50 lv books.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Generic Octopus posted:

Artificer makes staves, if that's all you're making you don't need weaponsmithing.

Crafting

I need a sword and shield for my Rev and Warrior also.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

I tried sinster zker sword/torch in beta. It did do a ton of damage, but I hate being a squishy warrior.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't know if you saw but training the first rank of dragon hunter unlocked a collection for an ascended long now you can choose that stats for.

Are you sure its ascended? On my warrior when I unlocked zker I got a exotic torch.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

The mystic is the same stats as the vender bought yellow one right?

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

RANT!!

gently caress off ANET.

I had all the mats to finish my ascended armor - the ascended crafting material. So you add leather to the Armorsmithing ....

Healing in PVP is to OP so lets remove the Minstrel amulet...

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I finally find something fun to play in PvP and Anet takes it away. :smithicide:

Yeah I wanted to throw things when I noticed it was gone.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAsun3gmNSuQzJRboRlsP0pS4IaTJ4ENsklZlRNgEeY9iPKxe6q7G-TpAWABPWGAg9HAA

My new build. I went with magi for the HP over the toughness from clerics. My weapon runes are not on the builder, but I use the perma + healing.

I stay in Centaur stance most of the time to keep the tablet out and keep the boon duration aura up to get the toughness stack.

Its great team support,

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

One thing they did good with..... The Herald shield skin is good. Finally a shield skin I like.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Baron Snow posted:

Be careful going that far into red, it's really easy to end up looking like a bizarre Christmas ornament. But yes, green and purple are solid, just think of all the comic book characters that use it. (often villians)

Fake Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJBB8BjlWkA

Green and Purple!!!

I am LEX LUTHOR!!!!

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

I made a Revenant because Rylock is one, that is all. Well and maybe because bards are best.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Yesterday we got at least 1 match of Stronghold in with SFD. I love it and if its gets more interest I would love to do some ranked play.

This week I wont be on GW2 to much, there is a thing going on in EVE so that's my main focus at the moment.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

goattrails posted:

Guess a marvel villain:

Victor Von Doom!!!

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Stereo posted:

Is there anything happening tonight? I joined SFD a while back but never really ended up doing anything with them because I'm one of those people who can't focus on a class long enough to get it to 80. However this theif will make it there. So is there any planned group action tonight?

WvWvW Wednesdays 8pm PDT for about an hour.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

You probably shouldn't play STO even if you had nothing else to play :v:

I tried to play STO, but its bad, and that makes me sad, because I really like Star Trek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

How is GW2 going? I been on a EVE kick and haven't had much time to play anything else.

• Locked thread