Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Time for a whole new wild ride of terror and pleas of mercy to ANet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm happy to be part of a thread that contains sick classical mythology burns.

If I, a shameful nub, want to come do Guild Missions and stuff, should I basically just show up and do what the chat tells me? Is it that easy? I understand that I probably should get my waypoints first.

The most important rule is to immediately touch everything within reach. Repeatedly.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

The only time not being on Maguuma will matter is for WvW, you won't get to party around with goons in that case. Everything else is perfectly fine.

There's no discount option for HoT for owning the base game already.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

...You know what's incredibly sad?

I've been looking at the new thread title this entire time and thought absolutely nothing of it beyond "Oh it's just a non-joke informative title".

And finally it just hit me.

Really says something about ANet's writing that I so subconsciously believe that Scarlet returning would be something that would totally happen in HoT.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Inzombiac posted:

In the last beta, did anyone come up with a fun Scrapper build that didn't utilize the drones much? I didn't like any but the spinning one and it breaks my loving heart.

I didn't really mess with builds too much during the beta weekend but Scrapper stuff should mesh well with any power builds you may want to run. Hammer probably syncs really nicely with Static Discharge or Elixir builds.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Harrow posted:

Revenant is more fun than I remember it being in the BWEs. I'm suddenly regretting not saving enough tomes to shoot this dude straight to 80.

I only had enough supplies to get mine to 30 but it's definitely great fun. I wasn't initially interested in the class based on concept alone but drat all the weapons are pretty drat fun. I especially love staff, even if it doesn't do much in the way of damage I just can't give up the style points of all that spinning.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I think the only thing they'd need to do to tune mastery experience to something not rear end is to just tone the requirements down to what a typical level's worth of EXP is and then scale up gradually from there rather than starting at the relatively huge numbers and going up to insanity.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

Dragonhunter has avoided nerfs this patch, the Arus Maneuver®™ remains supreme

I request weekly episodes of "Will It Blend?".

The answer is always Yes.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Your Computer posted:

I don't get this at all. I never really enjoyed thief, but Daredevil is my jam. The weapon skills do good AoE (unlike daggers) and are a lot more fun than swords, and there's something really satisfying about dealing damage with your fancy dodges. Compared to thief, it just feels and looks so much better to me.

Then again, I'm the kind of scrub who plays a non-shiro Revenant because having fun is more important to me than doing max deeps.

I use Shiro on revenant but I think running around with a staff 80% of the time counterbalances it. The damage on staff is pretty subpar but goddamn those style points are just too good to give up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Aesis posted:

Done with my Revenant. Mistward chest/glove/leg/boots, Herald's shoulder and Primeval head. Weapon is Lightward's Battlestaff.

Nice staff representing brother. :hfive:

I'm looking forward to when I stop being lazy and get my revenant up to 80 and get the mistward stuff because it's just really nice looking armor.

• Locked thread