Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Is there a guild I could join? I haven't been able to find a good one which is why I've been barely playing. Also I just want more Living Story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Lonk posted:

Poutine was invented by this disgusting thing.

I like poutine.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Stay the same map chat. Stay the same.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Dungeons good again I heard? I want to do those to get gold and mats for the ascended gear I feel like working on.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

CLAM DOWN posted:

Dungeons haven't changed. The rewards have.

Yeah that's what I mean.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Fifteen of Many posted:

I just reapplied to GOON and might pick up the expac finally since people are being so positive on the patch! Out of curiosity, do things like Dry Top or Silverwastes ever get run anymore? I have some unused Amber bugs to make.

GOON seems like it'll be a good home for me. I've been mostly bored with the game because I just can't find a good guild.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Visidan posted:

Never been the case in pvp or wvw, but it used to be in pve definitely.

Now in pve you have condition, power, healing, "tank" and boon duration builds. This is mostly for raids, in fractals and dungeons you'd mainly run either power or condition builds.

Yeah, apparently condi necro is the way to go, right after I get full exotic zerkers gear.:negative:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
https://gw2efficiency.com/ is a cool website. I apparently have quite a bit of gold locked up in crafting mats.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Lonk posted:

"Please, no"

It sees my soul...

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Is there a recommended way to get ascended gear? I asked in GOON chat about ascended accessories and got unclear answers.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I've never done a fractal before, and I've hardly done dungeons.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

quote:

Here are the worlds for NA:

Now: 12 Worlds – 4 Tiers
Previously: 24 Worlds – 8 Tiers
  • Yak’s Bend & Anvil Rock
  • Blackgate & Eredon Terrace
  • Jade Quarry & Isle of Janthir
  • Tarnished Coast & Kaineng
  • Dragonbrand & Sanctum of Rall
  • Fort Aspenwood & Borlis Pass
  • Sea of Sorrows & Gate of Madness
  • Maguuma & Devona’s Rest
  • Stormluff Isle & Crystal Desert
  • Darkhaven & Ferguson’s Crossing
  • Henge of Denravi & Ehmry Bay
  • Northern Shiverpeaks & Sorrow’s Furnace

This should be interesting.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Fractals are fun. Thanks goons for carrying me through the agony.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Ibblebibble posted:

No worries :). Now that I'm actually playing more nowadays I'll be trying to run them or dungeons daily, so feel free to jump on in.

I will definitely enjoy that. I'll need the gold and mats for all the ascended crafting I plan on doing. The big reason I've never really been too active in GW2 is because I've never been able to find a good guild until now.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
drat, I'd be at work until or after that time depending on circumstances. I wish I could go.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Isn't there a reward for doing fractals in order of difficulty? Like 1-25 for one achievement or something.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
WvW is fun. Had a good zerg led by our linkining buddy in Fort Aspenwood and saw someone from my former guild. Got an ascended ring and lots of crap.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

victrix posted:

Seems like a smart way to do 'server merging', because they already said they'll adjust the mixes to keep the wvw population balanced. Done right it should mean... PERMANENT QUEUES :neckbeard:

(no really, healthy wvw pop is good, right?)

Yeah I like it a lot. My server (Borlis Pass) is teamped up with Fort Aspenwood and they had a good commander going for a few hours last night. We're even doing really well against the other 2 server teams.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Where can I find costs for the HoT legendaries like the backpiece?

And material/achievement requirements I guess.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Double post but look at this. Raids in 3g worth of masterwork gear.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4glido/ivt_3g_budget_raid_wing_1_clear_in_masterwork_gear/

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Character API back up FYI. Now I can find out what mats I need for Zojja's Claymore and which ones I already have.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Marauders or Berserkers ascended armor for my necro?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
RNGesus is not on my side. I just want free ascended gear from fractals and WvW.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Am I gonna get yelled at for going zerkers reaper in pug raids, and should I care?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I think I'll level a mesmer next. And by level I mean use Tomes and various XP boosts.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I just figured out that Ebonhawke is a thing and it's pretty cool.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Carrying pubbies through CoF story mode is just so... :negative:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

objects in mirror posted:

Is the base game worth playing without HoT?

Yeah, but you'd be missing out on a lot.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
My server has the misfortune to be up against Maguuma in WvW. I've already seen one SFD guy so if any of you come across me, remember, nothing personal.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I'd be the one with the [GOON] tag surrounded by OBEY guys.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
They're bound to account, and the account is bound to a server. So when you pay for a server transfer you're moving all characters on that account to the server.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
SPvP is really fun, especially as a Thief, Necromancer, and Mesmer. The Moa pisses me off to no end, so use that.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Mercurius posted:

World of Warcraft introduced a selfie camera that does this stuff specifically for this reason. A similar thing would work really well in GW2.

And that's how they lost several raid tiers. Like seriously, the selfie camera patch was supposed to be the "content" patch.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I like coleslaw.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

tor_blackblood posted:

Been trying to transfer to Maguuma for the last few days, but it seems to always be full. Is there a certain time of day or anything where I could sneak in a transfer? If I guest on the server, would I be able to WvW with goons?

No, guesting won't let you WvW.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Can someone explain basic raid mechanics so I don't completely drag the pubbies down when I try to pug it?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Dreggon posted:

boss 1: vale guardian - green circles and blue circles, if you're ranged stand in the green circles. never stand in the blue circles.
boss 2: gorseval - deal damage, break his defiance bar when it shows up, then follow the commander tag to the wall and prepare to glide. avoid nasty poo poo on the ground. if the floor is red you hosed up so start gliding
boss 3: sabetha - never, ever touch the flame wall, it is instant death and you cannot dodge/block through it. your dash - key (to the right of your zero (0) key) throws bombs at people standing on specific parts of the platform to rocketjump them to some cannons. throwing these bombs is important. stay the gently caress away from the flame wall.

boss 4: slothasor - stuns, breathes fire, has a defiance bar sometimes. avoid nasty poo poo on the floor, especially when he starts thumping it. projectile blocks and condition removal are king here. he picks a random person to follow around, while another person clears green keyboard goop off the floor so that it doesn't kill the raid group.
'boss' 5: prison camp - basically a shitshow and i still haven't worked out what's going on. the last boss of this segment is called narella, she spawns at 3 minutes remaining, and you want to pull her into the middle of the camp so that adds can get burned down. there are 2 other bosses but you basically just stack on them. there's also "bandit saboteurs" just use a little bit of crowd control on them when their defiance bar shows up (not before).
boss 6: matthias - hardest boss in the game, if you ever reach this point you're a pro raidlord. carry yellow circles to blue fountains, carry green skull above your head between the fountains (never on them), keep expanding red circles away from your raid buddies, bring crowd control skills and use them on your raid buddies when they get sacrificed, bring a reflect if you have one

Bookmarking this, thanks!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
That's gold.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Kessel posted:

You can say that only because you weren't there for the earlier bit, where someone apparently got raped and they spent literal hours roleplaying the discussion about the ensuing pregnancy.

I applaud roleplayers. Going where nobody else cares to go.

Unrelated, what would it take to get a group together to go achievement hunting in dungeons?

lucifirius fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/Hypothetically-Speaking-New-Worlds

quote:

Hypothetically speaking, if we were to open some additional worlds (and at this point I still don’t know how much work, or how safe a change like that would be), but if we did, would there be player interest in transferring to these new worlds? The new worlds would have lowered population caps, be free to transfer to for a period of time and be immediately linked with existing lower tier worlds..

Thoughts?

• Locked thread