Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Nektu posted:

Whats the best 1% area thats inside the world? I like the newest one, but I really, really hate that I have to go through 2 loading screens to get anywhere.

In the latest AMA they did state that they are working on something to help with this, because I hate it too. It may just be an exit button to go back to previous location though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

This is a pretty good guide for starting fractals and how to gear and build AR as you go. For fractals you can just start with all exotics and work up from there as you raise your level. I would definitely start working the LS3 maps for their currency so you can buy ascended trinkets and not rely totally on drops.

For raids, if you pick mesmer you will be running as the tank outside of chill groups, so make sure that is ok with you. Although condi Mesmer is decent damage and apparently a very easy rotation. So it may be better than it's benchmark.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

For what content? I prefer druid over tempest for open world stuff, but both are quite capable. For raiding a ranger can be a druid healer, condi dps, or a condi dps that also does splash heals. I believe the condi dps with splash heals is popular for fractals, while tempest is pretty much a glass cannon dps, though very good at it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Huh, Arus was right, it really IS Penis of Farts.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Holy poo poo, Sept 22nd launch and preview next weekend.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Store has crashed :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Trebuchet King posted:

wait are the elite specs coming out early or is there a beta weekend?

They said it was a preview weekend, which they sort of did with HoT, kinda like a beta that will probably have one zone.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Also the announcement stream got to almost 50k viewers on twitch, the only other MMO that could get that high is WoW and maybe FFXIV.

I don't have a problem with HoT being a separate thing, they never promised to bundle it, you don't NEED it, and the base game is free.

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Did anyone catch the expansion's price before the store site crashed?

29.99 for the base

54.99 for base plus goodies

79.99 for previous package + 4000 gems.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

So necro gives up death shroud and gains support skill stuff. Ranger loses the pet but only when in BEAST MODE, which replaced celestial avatar and is temporary as such.

Mesmer dodge doesn't move you for max dps uptime.

The Engi holo weapon effects look bad rear end, and thief crouches in stealth.

the streamer Peachy was given access and made a video of the gameplay from the classes if you want to see more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nflQFIFnpVo

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

dad on the rag posted:

Disappointed because there is no undead Quaggan mount. Canceling preorder!

However, you can dye the mounts, so you can still have a hot pink raptor.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

First gemstore mount skin will be to add a cowboy hat to the Raptor and I will buy it immediately.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

spellbreaker looks really interesting for WvW

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Good lord, the condi damage on that new mesmer, auto built up 16 torment like nothing.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

FWIW, the people who were at the event all say that the Rev new spec was the winner or close to it, even though they didn't seem to get much video of it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

New guild hall footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeswQEZffvs

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Harrow posted:

Looks like Weaver is probably intended for condi damage and maybe tanking? It looks like it has a "barrier" mechanic and traits to make it tankier when holding a sword.

Not sure how I feel about that. I'm certainly not opposed to condi damage, but the good condi sets are so, so, so much more of a pain in the rear end to get than good power sets :negative:

They noted that since the new necro spec is condi focused, that reaper will be re-worked to be more power based. I wonder if the same may happen for ele. Also we have that new stat combo that had the top stat both power and condi damage. I'm going to be stashing LS3 currency until then with the hopes that those trinkets will be able to get that stat combo.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I wouldn't be surprised if weaver becomes a lot better to run out in open world, while tempest remains aces for instanced stuff. Then we can have a bit of both :toot:

I was never a warhorn fan so Tempest was always a bit meh to me, but if weaver works out, i think it would be amazing with the new legendary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Lyer posted:

did they say or show gliding in the new zones? I just like jumping off of poo poo

Can glide, and I believe you can glide directly from a mount.

Also dang, I was hoping that Ele would be simpler to use but that sounds like the difficulty is ramped up even more.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 1, 2017

• Locked thread