Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

The new zones are so goddamn amazing looking:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Harrow posted:

Chronomancer is definitely the best elite spec. It's just so complete and it fits into Mesmer so nicely.

I wish I felt motivated to finish unlocking it now though :smith:
I know mastery grinding sucks but my advice to everyone would be to work on Bouncing Mushrooms, Exalted Markings and Gliding through to Updrafts first simply because they allow you to explore the maps which are gorgeous. Those masteries will also allow you to get to nearly all of the points that require groups to do so you'll be able to help out with the hero point trains (or even lead them, Dulfy is starting to put guides for the maps up on her site). If there isn't one running, say something in guild chat as there will always be people who want to join one and there's nothing stopping you running them yourself :). Also, as far as I can see, nearly all of the hero points that are hard gated by stuff like Poison Mastery and Ley-Line Gliding don't seem to require a group to do so don't worry about those ones when doing group stuff.

I'll be honest though, as efficient as the hero point trains were I actually think I preferred running around with 2-3 other people exploring stuff and doing challenges as we found them.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Ciaphas posted:

I think tomorrow I'm going to have to sit down and read through as much of wiki.guildwars2.com as I can at work, because goddamn I am lost as hell. I'm just getting to 15 on engineer and the combinations of kits and weapon types and stuff is breaking my brain all on its own let alone all the other stuff the game is trying to cram down my maw :cry:
While Engineer can be a very complex class, my advice would be to keep it simple while levelling. Stick to one weapon swap kit (preferably flamethrower or bomb kit) and fill in your other slots with elixirs (I like B and U personally) or the elixir gun. That'll get you solid buffs on demand, stability (from the elixir B toolbelt throw) and a stunbreaker/quickness on elixir U along with projectile destruction on the toolbelt.

You don't get your trait line unlocks until level 21 now from what I remember but you'll probably want to consider either Inventions (for the passive speed boost of Mecha Legs) or Tools (for swiftness when swapping kits which is slightly faster but more fiddly than the passive bonus) as your first line since more runspeed = better than. I personally favour Inventions first because in addition to the passive runspeed there's also a really nice trait that makes crits drop healing packs and landmines which procs all the time with flamethrower.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Engineer is a cool class for cool people and the elite spec is Scrapper which uses hammers and gets a pipe wrench skin for picking it. You can also upgrade said pipe wrench into a super elite pipe wrench that looks even more magnificent and shiny. I think you know what you have to do.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Ciaphas posted:

Read this post, then watch videos on Scrapper and Reaper, and end up agonizing over the choice, right :v:
More like level both and then all the rest as well :getin:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Good change. Means that even if you're starting from zero points you can hop on one of Schpy's trains to get the spec 2/3 unlocked and then just go and do the remaining points that are possible to solo to complete it.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

As a person with serious alt problems I'd have also probably preferred slightly less but 250 isn't bad. If you've got world completion it's only 5 hero challenges and there's more than 5 you can do solo in the first two zones alone. I still would've been happier if they'd given the basic movement masteries during the appropriate parts of the story (gliding/updrafts, bouncing mushrooms, exalted markings, nuloch wallows as required) but this has gone a long way to fix things.

That said, there's still a reason to do all the hero points because in case you're unaware, the new legendaries added with HoT require Gifts of Maguuma Exploration which involve 100%ing the 4 new zones. Also, doing Hero challenges on alts are a really good source of Maguuma experience which you need tons of to unlock some of the areas blocked by higher tier masteries. It's just not required to unlock your elite spec if you're only doing them in the new areas any more.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Ciaphas posted:

Being only 18, it feels like using death shroud as a necro is kind of a waste of time compared to just stabbing things with a dagger, unless I need to Not Die for a few seconds. I take it this improves significantly with traits? Or does it mostly stay in that state at 80?

I know it doesn't matter much with how easy this stuff is but I get weirded out if I'm not sure I'm doing something "right" :shobon:
That's pretty much right for normal Death Shroud. Dagger autoattack has very good DPS on its own and without the trait that makes the death shroud magic cannonball attack thing pierce through mobs and hit the ones behind them it's not that great. Later on you get trait upgrades that allow it to do stuff like apply vulnerability (debuff that increases damage taken by the mob) when attacking, generate might when attacking (buff on you that gives power/condition damage) and apply burning when attacking which make it significantly better for damage. The elite spec changes Death Shroud to Reaper's Shroud which does melee attacks instead of ranged and basically turns you into an AoE damage monster.

But yeah, for levelling I'd stick to using a dagger mostly (with probably a warhorn as your offhand), having either axe or staff for a ranged weapon on your second weapon set, use the signet utility that gives 25% runspeed and then whatever else you want for utilities (I prefer wells).

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Cobra-Commander posted:

I ran into some goons on a conquest map today, they may remember me, I had fun decimating you both over and over. It brought back memories from when Chosen Chaos use to decimate you guys on Lowca, and I really missed those days. If only I could take out my frustration on conando once more, god speed elitist jerks, god speed.
Hats off to you, goon sir. 555 golden manbabies for you.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

quote:

Necromancer
- Reaper—Blighter’s Boon: This trait now only procs for boons you apply to yourself. Increased healing level multiplier by 25%, increased healing attribute multiplier by 330%.
They really are hellbent on making Necromancers completely self reliant and not really getting any benefits from hanging around with other classes. This trait synergised so well with having a Herald around. Goodnight, sweet prince.

quote:

Revenant
- Infuse Light: Reduced the duration from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Phase Traversal: Added a 5-second recharge.
- Crystal Hibernation: Increased the recharge from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.
- Soothing Bastion: Increased the recharge from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.
- Surge of the Mists: Reduced the damage by 15%.
Reasonable changes except for Surge of the Mists. Guess I'm not soloing champions any more :rip:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Eltoasto posted:

My only problem with Rev is that I can only choose two of sword/axe, staff, and hammer :(
I just carry all four around and swap them around as necessary. I nearly always have sword/axe and then either use staff (if I want more survivability or I'm fighting stuff with breakbars) or hammer (if I want ranged damage) depending on the situation.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Rynder posted:

I remember some rumblings about changing up the gameplay wrt zerk supremacy - did they do anything to zerk sets? I really don't want to buy new armour for my dumb alts.
They haven't directly changed the stats but what they've done is made mobs in the new areas much more dangerous and they've been adding stuff with higher toughness that conditions are better against.

For reference I'm about 2/3 through world completion in the new areas and I've done all of that with a revenant in full berserker so not much has changed outside of raids/high level fractals.

Berserker armour is always going to be the best stat combo for raw power based damage simply because of the stat distribution it has.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

ItBurns posted:

Thanks for pointing that out. I saw that the Viper's weapon I had actually had more stats but I didnt put two an two together that it was for condition duration. According to the wiki, 15 points of Expertise gives 1% condi duration. Just comparing two broadswords, it looks like they're a bit of a toss-up. You trade crit chance for power, and the extra duration comes just shy of matching the extra condition damage.
I'm not sure if I'm right about this since I haven't tested it or anything but since the condi duration food got nerfed to 20% I think if you use Viper weapons/armour (21% condi duration, less condi damage/precision but more power than Sinister) and sinister trinkets you'll go back to the old condi duration builds were using. It'll probably be a good mix for P/P engineers and Dhuumfire Reapers but I'd imagine it won't be good on the classes that have poor power scaling on their weapons like Mace Revenants.

e: exotic gear used as the comparison. If you're in ascended you can probably leave a few of your armour pieces as Sinister instead.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

effectual posted:

drat you blow 20g on dyes? I only have 40g total.
What's your account name (or character name)? I'll send you one of the 'dyes to get started with on a budget' packs composed of my favourite reasonably priced dyes that I've put in the guild banks a few times.

Coolness Averted posted:

Which is weird because didn't they say the dungeon gold nerf was gonna be paired with a gain for fractals?
The specific daily completion rewards aren't really any different to before but from what Kessel was saying the actual stuff dropping in fractals is worth more than it was before so it works out to more rewards.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

lewtt posted:

So I take it full zerk gear is still "meta" or "best" or whatnot? I was really hoping they'd buff up other stats without turning it into a trinity, but so far I've only heard about zerk still being unbeatable. Gonna use commander's gear, but is zerk really that far above everything else? Am I gimping myself out of raids/fractals?

e: read the respones from a couple days ago. If I still want to not die in a couple hits or rely solely on dodge for survivability, is commander's a good mid-choice?
Marauder is a pretty nice compromise as well.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

AmericanGeeksta posted:

I don't supposed you happen to have another one of these packs laying around? I do so enjoy pretty pretty princessing.

Also, currently downloading all the HoT patches at a coffee shop, 50,000 files remaining, AMA.
Of course, although I'll need your character name or account name to be able to send it.

Also as a heads up I have 30 dyes in the pack and I'll get mail suppressed trying to send them out so they won't all arrive together.

The dyes are below, I think it's about 15-20g worth and should cover the basic gamut of all colours:
code:

Vibrant:
Envy
Spite
Forgiveness
Sincerity
Mischief
Pride
Illumination
Rust
Heirloom
Regal
Evergreen

Natural Leather:
Taupe
Pumpkin Pie
Riverbed
Mushroom
Natural
Old Jeans
Warmth
Rawhide
Calfskin

Natural Metallic:
Icing
Steel
Burnished Steel
Graphite
Silver
Oxblood
Mudmetal 
Olive Silk
Pitch
Grape Shade

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Inzombiac posted:

:shrug: all my dudes are at 80, some frome tomes and cooking, and I got 20 HP in like 30 minutes for running around.
Schpyder's point is that in those 30 minutes you could've done the ~7 or so easily soloable points in Verdant Brink and gotten 70 HP.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Inzombiac posted:

I see. Maybe it's my luck but I always got crushed in the new HPs but that was pre-patch.
Some of them spawn champions but there's quite a lot that are soloable if you have Bouncing Mushrooms, Updrafts, Exalted Mastery and Nuloch Wallows. Dulfy has some good guides on them:
Verdant Brink - http://dulfy.net/2015/10/25/gw2-verdant-brinks-hero-points-guide/
Auric Basin - http://dulfy.net/2015/10/26/gw2-auric-basin-hero-points-guide/
Tangled Depths - http://dulfy.net/2015/10/27/gw2-tangled-depths-hero-points-guide/

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Completing Elite Specs has allowed for more options in the game of fashion.

Huntin' dragons:

I've finally completed my 'glowing like a forge' look for my Engineer:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Thyrork posted:

What a wonderful cat. Whats the stuff its wearing?
Scrapper Helm, Magitech Shoulders, Forgeman Jacket, Fused Gauntlets, Studded Pants, Trapper's Boots, Molten Jetpack, Predator. I'm super happy with the look. I also have Magmaton on my hammer for more lava-esque goodness.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Rytlock skin is the Mistward armour which is acquired through a collection. You get the things that start the collection as you completely unlock a traitline+legend on a Revenant using hero points. Once you finish each collection you can use the skins on any class and it gives you the relevant account bound exotic level 80 armour piece that you can choose from Berserker/Rabid/Knight stats for.

INTEREST CHECK - HERO POINT TRAIN
Schpyder isn't going to have time to run any hero point trains the next couple days so I was thinking about running some through Verdant Brink and Auric Basin since I've been doing them on my own alts and I'm pretty familiar with the zones by now. If I do this, it'll be after Goon Squad's missions are complete (probably around an hour to an hour and a half after reset) but everyone's welcome to come and I'm in both guilds which should make communication easier.

Mastery-wise, you need to have Gliding I and I'd strongly recommend you have Itzel I for bouncing mushrooms. While we can get around some of the mushroom jumps with Mesmer portals, there are a few of them that are too far for the portals to work so if you don't have the mastery you're boned. Ideally people will also have Gliding II (updrafts), Exalted I (symbols) and Nuhoch II (Wallows) as they make moving around the maps and bypassing annoying terrain much easier but I'm aware that you need to have invested a reasonable amount of time in the Magus Falls area to have those so I'm not expecting them.

As a PSA, once you've finished Torn from the Sky (first story step in Verdant Brink) on one character, you can subsequently do the prologue up to the point where you start Torn from the Sky (when you zone into Verdant Brink) and then jump off a cliff and choose 'Exit to Verdant Brink' after you die. This dumps you out at the entrance to Verdant Brink ready to run around Magus Falls.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Following the runaway success of the hero point train I'll do another one tomorrow around the same time. I need to work out a better route for verdant brink though.

E: I'm an Oceanic Timezone player with a billion alts so if you guys in non US timezones ever want to run around and grab hero points and see me online I'm happy to take people through them. I think that my account name is Mercurius.7314 but just whisper Mercury or Kiska if you want a guided tour.

You only need 4 or so people to do the ones that spawn champions so it's pretty easy to get a small group together and knock out a couple of zones in an hour.

E2: I haven't forgotten about you guys who I said I'd send dye packs to, I've just been sidetracked. I'll try and do it when I get home tonight.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 1, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

He's right, tho.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

The sentiment bears repeating because the cross guild thing has been one of the best things for me so far this expansion. It's so much easier to organise now and we can finally have all the goons doing stuff together such as the mixed guild hero point trains which have been awesome fun.

We even had dentists come to goonteq today :3:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Rakeris posted:

Hold on, how do you get multiple guild chat? Didn't know that was a thing.
If you're in multiple guilds you can chat directly with them now using /g1, /g2, etc. although you might find that the display for them is turned off in your chat window by default and you'll have to turn it back on using the dropdown options.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Trebuchet King posted:

do i want to know cbbe is? i'm assuming not.

I finally got my second character to 80! It's the first of the characters I'd planned on before launch to make it to cap, my human thief.

I'm assuming berzerker will be fine as a prefix as I get all the gear slots updated to 80, but as I work on getting exo+ gear are there any cool builds based on other prefixes? Otherwise the only other thing I feel really unsure on is what weaponset I should have equipped alongside the staff.
Berserker is great (read: the best) for damage but you're incredibly squishy and really need to be on the ball as a Zerk thief.

Bird has more experience playing a full Zerk thief than I do but when you're starting out I'd recommend mixing in some gear with vitality as well (look for Valkyrie gear, it's Berserker but with the precision swapped vitality) until you get the hang of not dying.

Sword and either Pistol or Dagger pair well with the Staff if you're running as a Daredevil and dual Daggers are the best raw physical damage. Shortbow is a good mobility option with okay ranged damage. Dual pistols is sort of okay ranged single target damage but it's nothing to write home about.

Thieves are decent at conditions but their power builds tend to outshine condi builds. Dual daggers can also be used with conditions and Daredevil has a morph for the dodge which causes conditions on everything around you. Pistol/dagger has always been a popular condi build for roaming in WvW and I think treizebee posted a vid of him mucking around with a daredevil using that in sPvP so he can probably comment more on that.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Due to my work schedule I won't be able to run any more hero trains until the weekend my time, so Friday night US time. See if you can coax Schpyder to run stuff in the meantime if you still need hero points.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yeah I totally get it, timezones suck. I don't expect you to stay up late, even one weeknight would be awesome, I could bring an alt which I'd really like to do! Could we do Thursday this week? Don't want to steal your evening tonight and WvWednesday is tomorrow. Merc is aussie time so he's been fantastic at doing late night ones for us Pacific time people, drat work.

Thanks dude!
You said you can only really make it on weekdays after 8pm your time (which I'm assuming is west coast Canada) due to work, right? Are you tied up Friday night with social stuff? If not, 8pm your time is 2:30pm my time the next day so that's Saturday afternoon and I will easily be able to run another train at that point.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yeah. Friday/Sat is often social stuff, but might work this week. There's also a bunch of late night people I can grab tonight, I wanted to start my engy and necro hero points before long. I will grab you this weekend though, if that works out!
Shouldn't be an issue. I don't get home from work until after midnight your time so during the week (my time) won't work for just about anyone other than Oceanic people. Timezones suck.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Checked the Dev Tracker and it's good to see that Anet's customer service guys are keeping up the proud tradition of trolling the people who were exploiting and got banned once they bring it up on the forums under the guise of false positives and having done nothing wrong:

tyu.9470 posted:

Gaile, my account has been banned my brother’s account has been banned my friend and her 2nd account also been banned. I am guessing for the same false-positive. My plea to you is that instead of giving this is final responses could you please work with the folks that get false banned faster.
This is my 2nd time being false banned and first time i remember you were the one that talked with me and thank god you are a helpful person and seen the false and unbanned me however the first people that responded did NOT.
I just want to lose as small time as possible due to this, could you please tell me what exactly we can do to prove our innocence as in what details we can provide?
My guess is that these cheat programs also involve logging in to multiple accounts for some reason which you guys have said MANY times is allowed as long as we manually control them.
I am losing my sleep over this, so i am sorry if this post is a bit weird or badly written. I just wish you could take over my ticket again but i know you cant do that everytime.. just any tips on how to actually get to talk with a senior GM?
I am sure you’ll agree that false positives happen EVERY time you do ban waves no matter how much you try to check.
Reponse:

Chris Cleary posted:

Cheating on 2 of your 9 accounts got all 9 of them banned.
Shine on you crazy diamonds :allears:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Schpyder posted:

I see that femsalad revenants are popular.

Here's mine (now a herald):

I've actually found it really hard to get Sylvari ladies to work with heavy armour because they've got a weird standing posture and some really weird proportions on their shoulders which cause really bad clipping issues similar to the problems male Norns have. I'm reasonably happy with my Dragonhunter (see below) but I've had a hell of a time getting most of the options for legs or shoulders to not look stupid on them.

I've decided this looks better without the hat most of the time but I'm at work so can't get an updated picture just yet. I use the same hairstyle you do although mine's coloured like coleslaw :v:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Since we're all posting pictures again, here are some new and improved characters thanks to the armour pieces from the elite specs.

PvE Revenant. Note that I haven't finished the stupid mistward blindfold yet because chak gerents are jerks:

WvW Revenant. I like tablets and bees. Enameled Emblaze remains the best dye ever:

My chronomancer which you've probably seen porting you around or dropping alacrity on you during hero point trains if you've done them the last few days:

And finally my dragonhunter without the hat. Still looks like coleslaw and still has the crazy eye going on. The only one of my characters which actually plays a voice clip to say hello to me when I log into the game which is weirding me out a bit:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I just tried Reaper for the first time (I didn't bother before bc the person I tend to play with had decided to main it). Holy jesus you all weren't kidding is there a :stare: / :fap: combination emote because now I feel like there needs to be.
Yeah, Reaper owns. It's still not amazing DPS or anything but it is exceptionally effective at overworld content and most importantly, it's fun to play. That said, with the way high level Fractals are going it's entirely possible Dhuumfire Viper/Sinister Reapers will actually work quite well because they do have very good condi damage.

Speaking of condi damage and the change to the chill damage trait, I briefly looked at it in game before I left for work and it looks like it's an overall buff if you're condi (795 on the tooltip vs 850 before but half the time it was doing 450 so that's a nice net gain) and a nerf if you're power (who were using it in the non shroud builds).

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 4, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

effectual posted:

I've been trying some of the 10vs10 pvp (why do some servers let 20 people join but only 5vs5? Stupid) and it's nice that I can get a full dungeon set after a week or so of maybe an hour a day playing, but Is anet going to balance it at all? Win trading is encouraged but the mechanics of switching teams via the volunteer balancing are clunky and also eliminate any fun of pvp and turn it into a purely annoying grind you're trudging through, instead of doing a fun activity with a nice reward after a while. And if I go on a serious server, my lv60 mesmer gets killed in about 2 seconds by guys with legendaries and the elite specs. It almost makes me want to just do the dungeons, but you have to run the same one so many times for a full gearset.
Don't play hot join (the server listing thing you're talking about). Even if you lose an unranked arena game you'll get the same points as winning hot join and if you win you get 3x as many.

Gear/level is normalised in sPvP so everyone is on the same footing so you being level 60 doesn't make a difference in the slightest and if you have Heart of Thorns you also have access to your elite spec (in the third trait line).

I'd suggest you go and take a look at the Conquest (point capture 5v5) and Stronghold (MOBA-lite) sections of [url="https://"http://metabattle.com"]Metabattle[/url] and see if you can find a build that'll suit how you want to play your Mesmer and then make sure you set up all your traits/skills/runes/sigils/amulets in the PvP Build window (icon at the top of the screen in the middle).

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Harrow posted:

I've seen people say that playing a Reaper in the new HoT zones feels like you're playing Diablo within GW2, which sounds fun to me.
So far it's been my preferred class for doing stuff like the the story missions and the big meta event finales because of the nice blend of survivability and AoE damage. The one downside is ranged damage but if I know in advance I'll need range I'll swap in a staff or axe.

It helps that the male Asura VA is basically the best.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Pssst Mercurius, about those dyes... 😍
I haven't forgotten but thanks to constantly running people through the new zones to get hero points I haven't really had time. Unfortunately, you can only send 2 mails before you get message suppressed and you can only have 5 attachments per mail so with the amount of stuff people have asked for I'm going to have to find half an hour to do nothing but send out dyes in the mail.

Lemon King posted:

Here's my fairly simple Crit Reaper build I've been running for the past week or so.

Fairly straight forward. You want to keep your target chilled and vulnerable. Vulnerability is about 50% of your crit chance from one of your traits. Once the target gets to about 50% health mash 2 for absurd amounts of damage.
Stack crit, crit damage, and runes which give you a percent increased damage beyond a threshold.
Just be aware you're squishy and Shroud should be used as a way to protect yourself from damage, fears, or be used to escape.
Looks pretty similar to what I'm running but keep in mind crit chance only goes up to 100% and you have 100% from traits alone while in Shroud there. Death Perception is a great trait but it's pretty redundant to have both so I'd recommend swapping it over for Dhuumfire instead since you can maintain 4-5 stacks of burning which does ~1k a tick even with no condition damage.

There's basically two schools of thought on how to play non-minion power Reapers. The first one mainly uses weapons (usually dagger/warhorn and greatsword) for damage, uses shroud for utility skills and I think normally does Spite/Blood Magic/Reaper for traits with (which is largely what you're describing above but with different traits). The second one uses the traits you have above but camps shroud instead of relying on the weapons for damage (although it still uses gravedigger spam below 50% where appropriate). The non-shroud build has strong chill uptime, is better personal and single target DPS but the shroud camping build has significantly better survivability, AoE damage and vulnerability uptime.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't know this. Now I feel bad for bugging you :3:
No need to feel bad, I said I'd do it. I did post a couple of pages back saying it was delayed a bit due to the problems with mail suppression but it's not really too surprising it got lost because we've had a pretty high volume of traffic in the thread recently :v:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

ItBurns posted:

I don't understand why you people aren't running Reaper's Onslaught. Not only does Deathly Chill do piss-all damage, RO synergizes so much better with traits like Unyielding Blast, Reaper's Might, and Dhuumfire with a hybrid build. Bitter Chill instead of Spiteful Talisman isn't a bad choice if you have both chill shouts off CD and/or are solo though.

Edit: It's hard to pass up minions in PvE though. I just wish they were better at holding aggro compared to phantasms. Maybe it's just my perception.
I am running Reaper's Onslaught on both my power and hybrid necros, I was just providing the numbers for a comparison since someone asked about it. I tried Deathly Chill when I first specced my hybrid Reaper and decided the damage was garbage compared to the additional stack of burning I could maintain with RO (without even factoring in the reduced recharge on skills which means increased Poison uptime from RS4) so I stopped using it almost immediately. I've never used it on the power build.

If you're interested, the builds I've been using on my two PvE Reapers are below. There's definitely room for improvement and I'd like to swap out the weapon/armour on the Hybrid one to Viper's (to make up the 20% condi duration we lost from food) and possibly change up the runes to nightmare with the coral orb.

Power - Standard shroud camping build that I'm mainly using for overworld stuff in the HoT zones as I said previously. Really strong damage and good survivability thanks to Shroud.

Hybrid - Decided to give the full hybrid Reaper build a go and I really like it. As noted, the combination of Burning, Bleeding and Poison you can put out with still decent physical damage is really nice and very effective against anything with high armour while still providing excellent vulnerability uptime. It's also got a ton of condition transfer and boon corruption options which will be nice from what I saw of the Vale Guardian in the last BWE. I also wouldn't be surprised to see something similar become preferred for high level fractals as I said earlier since the toughness of the mobs scales up significantly while their outgoing damage doesn't really any more than 50 used to.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Aesis posted:

Got 5 Mistward armor Collections done. Grinding language mastery (to buy insignia) took long, however getting 5 Mistward trophies from bosses was easy (100% drop) and getting the other 5 Mistward trophies took about an hour or less.

However Mistward Headwrap is near impossible to get as it involves killing chak gerent in Tangled Depth :argh:
Welcome to my world :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

^^^^^
thats actually a cool change. I'm glad they are at least trying to vary high level builds.
The problem is that all it's done is changed it from 'all zerk' to 'all sinister' because the damage scaling was changed and 100 isn't significantly more NPC damage than the old 50. Raids may well be different but at the moment you're still doing glass cannons in high end fractals, you're just doing them with conditions instead of raw power.

• Locked thread